Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ativ S €215 delivered on amazon.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

mad muffin wrote: »
    Can you upload to SkyDrive and stream from there?
    Here's one that plays music from Google Music
    Here's one that streams from SkyDrive, and another.

Can't comment on how well they work, but reviews form the States eem positive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

mathie wrote: »
    I think they messed up the VAT amount when they calculated the refund.
    What did you say to them exactly? Just went for this now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

How on earth do I get my SIM into this phone?
    also it won't connect to my eircom router.
    boo urns

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

boo urns

- Have you a micro SIM? If not, then somewhere like the Carphone Warehouse can cut a normal one to fit or port your number onto a new one

- From experience it's probably an issue with your router. Eircom ones aren't great, particularly the early ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

boo urns

Exactly what trouble are you having?

The left tray is for micro SD and the right for micro sim.

I bought this phone a few months back from Price-Guard. It's sim tray was defective, I couldn't push the sim in more than half way. It looked like the spring that pops the sim back out was broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone figure out how to see just your sim contacts, I have to search the name for them to come up.

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone figure out how to see just your sim contacts, I have to search the name for them to come up.

People
    Settings
    Filter my contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

mad muffin wrote: »
    People
    Settings
    Filter my contacts

Anyone still waiting to ship? I ordered on 26th :( prob be Monday now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Got mine a few days ago.

Disaster!

1. No FM radio! - this was not available on the old Windows 8, it is now, but the Samsung ATIV I8750 does not have the chip.

2. Phone does not boot up if an SD card is inserted. (yes, I tried formatted cards, unformatted ones, they all work in my PC, not on this stupid mobile) - have sent it in for repair.

3. Can make phone calls, but mobile data is not picked up (Yes, the settings are OK for mobile data) - have to use wifi if I want to surf.

Back to my trusty Nokia N8 -glad I have not sold it yet.

still not processed or shipping date arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

mono_mac wrote: »
    still not processed or shipping date arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Soon my young Padawan soon. :p

They must have a lot of orders to sort through.

how long did yours take :) --wonder will it come on a saturday hmmmm

mono_mac wrote: »
    how long did yours take :) --wonder will it come on a saturday hmmmm

I wouldn't think so. No Saturday deliveries in Ireland.

Before I ordered I had changed my credit card and somehow didn't save the address properly.

In the customer support section You can speak to someone in English. You can ask them if everything is ok with your order.

I didn't get a shipping date u till it was ready to ship. Then it only took one day to arrive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Decided to get this. Was looking for a phone with a bigger screen than my 3.5" and this has double the RAM of what I have so looks a good deal. :)

Never used Windows Phone before, but have heard good things about the OS so looking forward to playing around with it.

No FM radio is a downside that I can live with, don't use apps all that much, and I've seen a few reviews that say the call quality isn't top of the line, but I can deal with that.

€212 all in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldholborn888

boo urns

Had same problem with htc 8x. Seems windows phones won't connect if your router is set to band "b and g". You have to go into router settings and change it to band "b" only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Seems windows phones won't connect if your router is set to band "b and g". You have to go into router settings and change it to band "b" only.
    Was tempted by this phone but that sounds a bit nuts. It's not like b+g band wireless is new technology. :confused:

Didn't have to do anything to my Vodafone router.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks a brillaint phone and even better offer, its a direct competitor to the Noikia 920, doubt you will get that phone for anywhere near this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldholborn888

My experience was that it wouldn't connect to wifi even with security disabled. (eircom , netopia). Changed to b only and it connected straight away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Does this have anything similar to Nokia drive?

• Advertisement

You can get Here Drive+ but its €34.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I got mine today, ordered Friday night so four business days from ordering until delivery, which is impressive given it came from Spain.

First impressions are good. The phone feels nice, light but not too light, very thin and fits well in the hand and pockets. The screen looks incredible and colours really pop off the screen.

It's rather annoying that the volume controls are for everything, so you can't just turn up the ringer volume, it turns up the ringer and media volume as well. But I can live with that.

Other than that it's just a matter of me getting used to wp8 after five or so years with Android. So far I'm liking the tile layout and the ability to change the colours around. The only thing I miss from Android at this (admittedly early) stage is having a widget that allows me to turn on/of WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, etc. At the moment I've to delve into the menus to do that.

I also accidentally deleted a tile and can't figure out how to get it back. :pac:

I also don't like that I've to log into an MS account rather than my Google account (which is what I use for most things), but that was expected and, again, something I can live with.

The screen is an absolute magnet for fingerprints too.

So overall, I'm really happy with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Theres an App in the Appstore for the home screen to toggle Bluetooth/data etc have a look for it.

Should solve one of your problems

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Theres an App in the Appstore for the home screen to toggle Bluetooth/data etc have a look for it.

Should solve one of your problems

The app is just a shortcut to the settings menu. Although handier, it's not the greatest. Definitely needs a tile that simply touch activates the bluetooth/wifi.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I got mine today, ordered Friday night so four business days from ordering until delivery, which is impressive given it came from Spain.

First impressions are good. The phone feels nice, light but not too light, very thin and fits well in the hand and pockets. The screen looks incredible and colours really pop off the screen.

It's rather annoying that the volume controls are for everything, so you can't just turn up the ringer volume, it turns up the ringer and media volume as well. But I can live with that.

Other than that it's just a matter of me getting used to wp8 after five or so years with Android. So far I'm liking the tile layout and the ability to change the colours around. The only thing I miss from Android at this (admittedly early) stage is having a widget that allows me to turn on/of WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, etc. At the moment I've to delve into the menus to do that.

I also accidentally deleted a tile and can't figure out how to get it back. :pac:

I also don't like that I've to log into an MS account rather than my Google account (which is what I use for most things), but that was expected and, again, something I can live with.

The screen is an absolute magnet for fingerprints too.

So overall, I'm really happy with it. :)
    I believe separate controls for volume are coming in the GDR3 update, which should be releasing within a month or two. Stupid omission in the first place though, seems like a very basic thing to leave out.

There's plenty of apps in the store that allow you to pin tile shortcuts to the Start screen for WiFi, Data, GPS and so on. Not ideal, but the great thing about WP8 is, that if you're in an app, pressing the Start button, toggling something on or off, and then jumping back into the app takes a matter of seconds. There should be a quicker solution though, agreed. Again, however, a notification system/shortcut menu is rumoured to be included in GDR3.

To repin a tile, swipe left to the app list from the Start screen, scroll down to the relevant app, long press on the name and you'll see an option to "pin to start". When the app is pinned, long press again on the Start screen, and the tile will jump forward ever so slightly and the background will grey out a bit. At the top right corner of the app, there's an unpin button. On the bottom right, there's a little resize arrow. Press it the appropriate amount of times to get to the desired size(small, med, large). Bear in mind, some apps only have the former two sizes available.
    And to move the tile(you've probably worked this out), just long press and drag to the location you want.

I don't use too many Google services, but I know I do have my Google account linked. Should be: Settings> email and accounts> add an account.

balfe1990 wrote: »
    I believe separate controls for volume are coming in the GDR3 update, which should be releasing within a month or two. Stupid omission in the first place though, seems like a very basic thing to leave out.

There's plenty of apps in the store that allow you to pin tile shortcuts to the Start screen for WiFi, Data, GPS and so on. Not ideal, but the great thing about WP8 is, that if you're in an app, pressing the Start button, toggling something on or off, and then jumping back into the app takes a matter of seconds. There should be a quicker solution though, agreed. Again, however, a notification system/shortcut menu is rumoured to be included in GDR3.

To repin a tile, swipe left to the app list from the Start screen, scroll down to the relevant app, long press on the name and you'll see an option to "pin to start". When the app is pinned, long press again on the Start screen, and the tile will jump forward ever so slightly and the background will grey out a bit. At the top right corner of the app, there's an unpin button. On the bottom right, there's a little resize arrow. Press it the appropriate amount of times to get to the desired size(small, med, large). Bear in mind, some apps only have the former two sizes available.
    And to move the tile(you've probably worked this out), just long press and drag to the location you want.

I don't use too many Google services, but I know I do have my Google account linked. Should be: Settings> email and accounts> add an account.

Cheers dude, that's awesome! :)

I assume you have to link an MS account to the phone before you can link a Google one?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Cheers dude, that's awesome! :)

I assume you have to link an MS account to the phone before you can link a Google one?

I'd imagine so, seeing as they want you tethered to their ecosystem. Couldn't tell you for sure though, because the very first thing I did was sign in with my MS account anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Anybody had the problem of random reboots with this phone?

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Anybody had the problem of random reboots with this phone?

I thnk I had one the other day. I took my phone out of my pocket and noticed that simlock was on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement