Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ativ S €215 delivered on amazon.de

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Had same problem with htc 8x. Seems windows phones won't connect if your router is set to band "b and g". You have to go into router settings and change it to band "b" only.

No such problems her. I've successfully connected to loads of different routers without issue. Having said that, the Netopia modems are ancient so that may be your problem.
    Gipo3 wrote: »
    Anybody had the problem of random reboots with this phone?

I did for a couple of weeks after getting it. Did it 2 or 3 times a day. It fizzled out though. Now it's rare. Once a week now if even that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the vibration? At the moment it vibrates once for an incoming call and then just rings. Same with alarms...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a way to change the vibration? At the moment it vibrates once for an incoming call and then just rings. Same with alarms...

No, it's a Windows Phone thing. Was the same on WP7.

It is possible for the OEMS to change this. My old WP7 htc Titan would ring and vibrate as normal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

mad muffin wrote: »
    No, it's a Windows Phone thing. Was the same on WP7.

It is possible for the OEMS to change this. My old WP7 htc Titan would ring and vibrate as normal.

What an extremely odd decision. :confused:

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    What an extremely odd decision. :confused:

Yeah. Just like one volume for everything and no custom tones besides the ringtone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Revilino

I was just trying to order a 'samsung s4 mini' sim-free from amazon.de, but it's coming up 'This item can not be shipped to the selected address' - did any of you seen this problem when ordering your phone from amazon.de?

I also tried using my parcel motel address in the north and this didn't work either.

Supplier is - Amazon EU SarL

The is 353euros from amazon.de compared to 430euros from aman.co.uk.

Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Revilino wrote: »
    I was just trying to order a 'samsung s4 mini' sim-free from amazon.de, but it's coming up 'This item can not be shipped to the selected address' - did any of you seen this problem when ordering your phone from amazon.de?

I also tried using my parcel motel address in the north and this didn't work either.

Supplier is - Amazon EU SarL

The is 353euros from amazon.de compared to 430euros from aman.co.uk.

Any ideas??

Similar for me. Item not shipped, queried it, they said they only ship to Germany. Got it shipped to my brother in Germany, he forwarded it.

In for repair now as it does not work at all if a memory card is inserted. Disaster!

Others on this board seem to have been a lot luckier, getting it shipped to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

I took up on this offer last night...thanks for the heads up and I hope I'm not disappointed. My Galaxy S2 has been malfunctioning more and more every day (my 06:05 alarm for work didn't go off the other day!). For me it's hard to justify spending ~€250 for another android phone that would be nearly identical, as I only really use practical apps which aren't too much work for the operating system. I've never owned a Windows phone but I've briefly used one of their cheaper models and was impressed with the value...they certainly seem to pack a punch. I seriously enjoyed the synchronization of Google devices but just got a little bored of Android and Windows seems to be a bit of an underdog so I'm interested to see what it's like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mines on my Adverts for €200 if anybody wants it.

Great phone but OS is not for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mines on my Adverts for €200 if anybody wants it.

Great phone but OS is not for me!

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Ordered last night. Apps and Radio are certainly not a deal breaker, looking forward to messing around with a new format.

After all, surely it can't be worse than the E100 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has anyone else had problems with the Eircom netopia routers? Can't figure out any solution to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A few people have reported problems on boards with WP8 on a variety of phones and the Eircom Routers. I don't think the WP8 phones support some of the older routers. Not sure it its security or not. Try a different router, or see if you can update your existing routers firmware maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldholborn888

Has anyone else had problems with the Eircom netopia routers? Can't figure out any solution to this

Had same problem with htc 8x and eircom netopia router. Seems windows phones won't connect if your router is set to band "b and g". You have to go into router settings and change it to band "b" only and it should connect. If you need to know how to change it, let me know.

That doesn't seem right. b is a lot slower than g. even g is an old standard, n is the current one.

I know. It was the only way I could get phone to connect. One of the reasons why I returned it and bought a Nexus 4 instead.

Did you try N?

Old router, doesn't support N. Didn't get the chance to try it on more up to date routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Since sorting out the contacts, I am absolutely loving this phone! Exactly what I wanted/needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

beauf wrote: »
    Did you try N?
    Mine is a fairly new one, has b/g/n. Changed to b only and it works, but noticeably slower. Will try n only tomorrow. If it doesn't work then this is a big minus for me, phone seems nice other than that, but have been connecting phones to my wifi for about 6 years and never had an issue before

Probably because 6yrs ago your devices only had b (from 2000) and g (from 2003) The standard for that last few years is N (from 2007) Do you have any devices with b only? If not turn it off.

The Windows Phone seems to have a problem with 802.11 b+g so switch it to 802.11g or 802.11n if all your devices support N.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/nokia-lumia-520-wifi-problems/62b73eca-0fbe-4ce6-889a-d33e6b26a1ad
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Nokia/Nokia-Lumia-520-Wifi-Problem-Solution/td-p/650550

I know. It was the only way I could get phone to connect. One of the reasons why I returned it and bought a Nexus 4 instead.

Why you want to keep a 13yr slow wifi connection makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vdriver

Ordered this phone on Tuesday and now is Friday and no word from them, no delivery date. Are they that slow? If I hear nothing from the until next Tuesday I will cancel the order. Do they have any fees for cancelling ?

If anyone is interested in even more of a bargain. Now that I got the iPhone 5s I've put up the Ativ S for sale on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Is youtube via the browser working for anyone?
    Not working for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

mathie wrote: »
    Is youtube via the browser working for anyone?
    Not working for me.

I think I read that Google have made it very hard to get youtube sites working on windows phones, and that you have to use 3rd party apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 macjimmy

Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung Ativ S and my mobile network is 48 months. Everything with the phone is going great bar the mobile internet. The WIFI is working very well. I have been trying in vain to get the mobile internet working.

My current settings are as follows.
    Data connection : on
    Data roaming options : on
    Highest connection speed : 3G
    Network selection : Automatic
    For limited WIFI connectivity : Use mobile data

Are these settings working for people?
    Is it possible that it is a problem with 48 months internet?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

macjimmy wrote: »
    Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung Ativ S and my mobile network is 48 months. Everything with the phone is going great bar the mobile internet. The WIFI is working very well. I have been trying in vain to get the mobile internet working.

My current settings are as follows.
    Data connection : on
    Data roaming options : on
    Highest connection speed : 3G
    Network selection : Automatic
    For limited WIFI connectivity : Use mobile data

Are these settings working for people?
    Is it possible that it is a problem with 48 months internet?

Any help would be much appreciated.

You need to set up the APN for 48.

Here is the page from their forum for instructions: http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/78#U78

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Did ye guys get a micro SD card included with this phone in the box and if so what brand was it?

Advertisement