Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭seananigans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Deskjockey wrote: »
    What time is it on today. Mother's Day not helping in terms of me possibly getting to this game

Bring your mother, pay for her ticket and thats the present sorted

What time is it on today. Mother's Day not helping in terms of me possibly getting to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

deisedude wrote: »

Jaysus ur like seamus quirke. .

• Advertisement

Jaysus ur like seamus quirke. .

who?

who?

A well known gaa head who tends to repeat himself 😊

A well known gaa head who tends to repeat himself 😊

When i post on my phone this sometimes happens

When i post on my phone this sometimes happens

I kno i'm the same as ya.
    Right men where are we gettin the goals from today?
    I never thought id be so happy to see Big Seamus coming back into the team of course he's a player gives it his all but I think we need him more now then we ever have before. Thoughts anyone.??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The match programme today is shockingly bad

• Advertisement

No sign of Sok in warm up

IOR in for socky according to wlr

jamie nagle for pauric mahony

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    The match programme today is shockingly bad

Not only bad, a load of team and number changes for both sides. Worst couple of euro spent this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What was the red card for? Looked fairly innocuous from where I'm sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Division 2 it is next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Pathetic. Left 10 mins before the end. I hate to say it but the players get what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 deisedoz

While going down is in itself not a big surprise, the manner in which we have gone down and the awful style of hurling being played a mere year on is a big cause for concern. Watching the Cork v Tipp game and the freeflowing play and scoring you would wonder how we will ever be able to drum up a winning score come championship time. 2 goals in six fixtures is an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Will the players have a meeting in the Ramada next Sunday now I wonder after listening to Derek McGrath saying he is happy with that performance. Scully is having the last laugh now I'm sure. This wasn't Kilkenny we were playing but it looked like it the way the team surrendered.

Can anyone tell me what the red card was for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Strike on the head with the hurley.

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    Strike on the head with the hurley.

Right couldn't see anything particularly bad myself. Players seemed surprised when the red was shown.

Motivator wrote: »
    Pathetic. Left 10 mins before the end. I hate to say it but the players get what they deserve.

I agree with you 100%.

I was going to keep my opinions to myself about the Derek Mc grath. But I can no longer. They ousted scully for this excuse of a manager that has no other game plan than starting 15 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭redlead

Hslaw wrote: »
    I was going to keep my opinions to myself about the Derek Mc grath. But I can no longer. They ousted scully for this excuse of a manager that has no other game plan than starting 15 players.

Poor manager, poor players.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

And out they come in force the Scully supporters! You could read it like a book! But back to the result - it was poor stuff. The sending off definitely changed the game but in saying that we looked to have run out of ideas for a finish.

redlead wrote: »
    Poor manager, poor players.

same players as last year,looked to be going places then

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Back to the dark days. Can see Laois and the likes beating us in the championship.

It's going to be a very short summer. Cork will destroy us in 2 months time and then it's one of the losing Leinster semi finalists that we have to play

It's hard to think positive. McGrath is convinced this 3 year plan is going to work and is not worried about the present.

Let's hope the lads train hard in Portugal and stay out of the nightclubs

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Liberty Way

Would have to agree with a number of posts... players deserve. Style of hurling. Manager happy with performance. This is a sad day for the county poor performance and lack of pride for the jersey. Tipperary are into the semi final and they were handed a victory by Waterford when they met. Why has the defence leaked so many goals this year??? Last year that was the strongest element of the team and the squad was limited but 2014 the squad has strengthened but yet we are relegated what can one make from that??? Players will be doing a lot more fundraising now due to the relegation the County board will also suffer from financial dip. As I said previous there are players lining out and not able to deliver. Players asked and ensured they got the man they wanted bad bad bad decision by them as the saying goes "live by the sword die by the sword" and the county is dying from serious leadership from the board to the team. What course of action will now be taken by chairman cunningham as he along with the players is so responsible for this disaster today. Looks like it should be Lourdes the squad should head to instead of the training camp as miricales are now required to salvage any scrap of dignity for the squad. The disappointing aspect is they had made serious progress but the players felt they weren't going place's fast enough. By heck now is the time for each one of them to analyse the crazy crazy decision they made last September and convince the Waterford public at home and beyond that, that decision was in the best interest of Waterford hurling. It has now been proved after today's disaster that players are selected to play for their County and should at no stage have an input to any managerial appointment. Look at the successful Counties and the players are happy to be part of a squad wearing the respective county jersey and that is why they are successful as they concentrate on their position training to be better for each game. Sad day and players responsible have not waled the walk despite talking the talk!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

cul beag wrote: »
    And out they come in force the Scully supporters! You could read it like a book! But back to the result - it was poor stuff. The sending off definitely changed the game but in saying that we looked to have run out of ideas for a finish.

So if someone dares to question the current manager they're automatically Michael Ryan supporters? What has gone on is a joke & I'm getting sick of it. When Ryan was in charge he had Mullane on the radio & the on the back pages giving it to him with both barrels. Just because McGrath is who he is there won't be a word said. This is all being swept under the carpet & being called a "transitionary period" which is a cop out & it's utter rubbish.

The players would want to take a look at themselves. They said they couldn't work with Davy Fitz so they got rid of him, they said they wouldn't work with Michael Ryan so they got rid of him. They finally got the manager they all wanted but not it has blown up in their faces. McGraths shortcomings as a manager are one thing, but the players look as if they don't give a toss which is unacceptable.

My question is, if they can't/won't play for the man they desperately wanted to manage them, who will they play for? The last 3 performances were shocking. Wides, no goal threat etc. is one thing - but a total & utter lack of effort is another & it's gone beyond a joke at this stage. Fellas will be quick to point out that it's only March & it's only the league but look how far off the pace Waterford look compared to Kilkenny, Cork, Tipperary & Clare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement