Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starship collection magazine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If thats the case, then I'll be cancelling the paypal agreement & buying the mags manually. The only thing is the subscriber only ships will prob be huge money on ebay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment until the 21 days are up. I can appreciate they're snowed under at the minute trying to meet the demand and once the first few issues land a bi-monthly regular schedule should be established regardless of how long the transit takes. If any of them arrive damaged or aren't up to scratch I'll be cancelling straight away but there's no point worrying about what hasn't yet happened. They do say on one of the FAQs that they will implement an accelerated payment schedule to catch you up to the current issue which makes sense so it won't take another 2-3 months before we get to issue #6 or #7 so once they start to land it should be quicker than every 2 weeks until everyone gets caught up. Chances are we're a lot more likely to hear about the people experiencing problems or jumping the gun with delivery queries than from satisfied customers like a lot of merchants so I'm a bit slow to attribute too much weight to some of the rumoured teething problems at the start.

"The soufflé will either rise or it won't. There's not a damn thing you can do about it, so you might as well just sit back and wait, and see what happens."

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Just for info I set them a mail about not getting another order yet. (also just released this is the wrong thread -sorry)

Respose
    Thanks for your email.

You should have received issues 4 & 5 by now, as we sent them out back in September. I have ordered you replacements of these, and they should be with you in the next 7-9 days. Issues 6 & 7 will be despatched next week, and should be with you in the next couple of weeks.

So I emailed Eaglemoss & asked what the story was with being charged twice in the same month, & receiving nothing to date. The reply was "Those issues have been replaced for you and dispatched to you now. Please allow up to12 days for delivery".

So, my subscription was started from issue 4 onwards...should I be expecting 4 magazines/models given I've been charged twice? Or should I be expecting issue 4 & 5 only, and 6 & 7 will arrive next month?

Myrddin wrote: »
    So I emailed Eaglemoss & asked what the story was with being charged twice in the same month, & receiving nothing to date. The reply was "Those issues have been replaced for you and dispatched to you now. Please allow up to12 days for delivery".

So, my subscription was started from issue 4 onwards...should I be expecting 4 magazines/models given I've been charged twice? Or should I be expecting issue 4 & 5 only, and 6 & 7 will arrive next month?

So apparently issues 4 & 5 are on the way to me, and issues 6 & 7 are currently being processed. That's grand, at least I know why I've been charged twice in the one month, it was obviously the accelerated payment thingy someone mentioned elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Their newsletter is scuppering my attempts to stay relatively spoiler free although the ships from the first 10 issues were always going to feature early on.

For those buying these in the shops the newsletter mentions the first special issue is
    blah blah blah to make the spoiler not so obvious - DS9
    and it should be available from Thursday 28th November.

For anybody that doesn't want to deal with EagleMoss but still wants the free gifts then there is another option! The eBay seller I pre-ordered next week's issue from has a website where you can subscribe-of sorts. Here's what they told me when I contacted them on eBay:
    You need to pre-pay for issues, but you get them sent by tracked mail at a lower price than buying them individually on ebay without tracking, PLUS you get the free UK only subscriber gifts including the Magazine Binder, Dedication Plaque, Future Enterprise-D Model, the light up Borg Cube and the Digital Editions of the magazines without paying inflated market rates. We estimate the free gifts would cost over £50 plus shipping if they have purchased...

It's the first time I've used them so I make no guarantees. They do have a healthy feedback score on eBay. I have no affiliation with them and there's nothing in it for little old me. Just thought it might help somebody.

Will the special release ships be available from that seller?

I'll drop them a line and get back to you.

Got a reply and it's good news:
    Hi, yes the
    DS9 blah blah blah
    Special will be up by the weekend for pre-order.

Regards, Mark

God knows what the price will be and caveat emptor as I'm a bit cursed on boards in that whenever I try to help folks out things go horribly wrong! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll wait for the empok nor model. :D:P;)

Or I could buy the DS9 one and put it on it's side, and sell it on ebay for a fortune! "One of a kind!" muahaha

My Ent-D arrived yesterday, it's so cool :)

Based on that transit time of 14 days I should have another 6 in the next two weeks and will be caught up by then. Gonna have a major fanboy moment when the D'Deridex arrives.

I only know for certain what the first 10 or so are going to be, so thought it'd be interesting to speculate on some of the long shots I'd most love to see in the series:

1. Promellian battle cruiser (Picard built a model of one in a bottle when he was a boy, it's a great ship in its own right but it'd be a fantastic touch by Eaglemoss to include it)
    2. Xindi aquatics ship - Outstanding sleek design reminiscent of a manta ray.
    3. Vesta class - USS Aventine. Basically a space shark and a hint of what was to come after Voyager.
    4. Enterprise-F - The Ent-J will be sweet and as it's canon has a good chance of appearing sometime but the Ent-F is now offical too and it's a worthy design to carry on the name.
    5. Breen warship - It's asymmetric and I can't think of too many other ships that share that attribute.
    6. Cheyenne class - Similar to the Constellation class and I'm assuming the Stargazer is a near-certainty but Cheyenne is one of my top 10 favourite Starfleet ships - it's hard to get a feel for it from 2D plans but its nuances and uniqueness really comes into its own in 3D. You can see where some of the inspiration for the Ent-J may have originated.
    7. Romulan Valdore class - the Romulans have the two best looking ships in the entire franchise for me so this one's hopefully a certainty.
    8. Klingon Negh'var - Another you'd expect to make the first 30-40 ships. We can pretend it's the hilariously large version from the mirror universe.
    9. Soyuz class - USS Bozeman. Rocking old school ship not disimilar to the Reliant but those canons!
    10. Andorian battle cruiser. Shran's chariot. Brilliant design that screams sci-fi.
    11. A Vulcan ship from Archer's era - doesn't matter which one, they all look fairly similar.
    12. Luna class - USS Titan. You'd feel Riker's ship is the most likely of the non-canon ships to appear.

The first special is available to pre-order on heroesassemble.com

Bit pricey though...probably about €34 after P&P to Parcel Motel!

I wonder how big the DS9 model actually is?

Perhaps this might give some idea of scale?

Seems decent enough. Is that the final size of the Borg cube? Looks huge!

Yeah I know! Surely it can't be that big...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's no cube.....it's a space station! :P

Still no sign of my issue 4 & 5, 6 or 7. If there's nothing here by next week I'm gonna cancel & dispute the payment with Paypal if I can.

Still no sign of my issue 4 & 5, 6 or 7. If there's nothing here by next week I'm gonna cancel & dispute the payment with Paypal if I can.

Yea I'm in the same ship* I contacted me and they said they would resend them, but still no sign.

*sorry for the bad pun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Are the special issues only available to order online or will you be able to get them 'off the shelf' in stores?

Feck it, subscription cancelled & disputed raised for the two months I've been billed. Utterly dreadful stuff, 28th September I registered...there's no way it takes this long for a magazine from the UK. I'll get them myself from Easons & maybe buy the specials online if they're not too dear :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Feck it, subscription cancelled & disputed raised for the two months I've been billed. Utterly dreadful stuff, 28th September I registered...there's no way it takes this long for a magazine from the UK. I'll get them myself from Easons & maybe buy the specials online if they're not too dear :(

It's really disappointing to see that my fellow boardsies have been burned by these chancers.

The same warning is everywhere, once they have you subscribed they do not care about you.

I walk into easons and get to take what I feel is the best made model (in terms of painting variance).

I'll pick up specials online.

Yeah its disappointing to say the least. Hopefully the paypal dispute ends in me being refunded so I can back order the issues I'm due. As an aside, has anyone here who subscribed actually received anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What are people's thoughts about the Romulan D'Deridex class and Voyager?

Am I the only one noticing a larger percentage of plastic compared to metal?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts about the Romulan D'Deridex class and Voyager?

Am I the only one noticing a larger percentage of plastic compared to metal?

Saw a picture of voyager online - not very impressed and I love this ship

Picked up Voyager from Parcel Motel this morning and I'm quite happy with it to be honest.

Picked up Voyager from Parcel Motel this morning and I'm quite happy with it to be honest.

That's good, the picture I saw looked very plastic from the top angle. I hope it's worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yeah its disappointing to say the least. Hopefully the paypal dispute ends in me being refunded so I can back order the issues I'm due. As an aside, has anyone here who subscribed actually received anything?

I received the first 2 in the end (was expecting something else so I didn't realise till I collected them and got home) but nothing else. The D is very nice.. the refit, not so much.

It's a month + 4 days since I subscribed.

I opened a dispute with PayPal last night asking for a refund of the balance (just under €80). No further contact from Eaglemoss either despite requests on my part, and I'm not paying any more UK phone rates chasing them.

• Advertisement

I escalated my two disputes {two separate payments of €31.98} to claims. I cancelled my subscription by email, & cancelled the pre-approved payment too. Tis in the hands of paypal now. In the statues of the claims it says "Awaiting other parties response"...& has been that way for the last three days. They have until the 15th to respond according to the claim status.

Lesson learned big time here for me, I'll never use Eaglemoss again

Advertisement