Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starship collection magazine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyone know of any issue #2's knocking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Regarding the 15.99 price tag, I bought a USS Vengeance model in Forbiodden Planet for 20 euro a few weeks back...

If that's this...

then maybe that €15.99 isn't as bad as I'd been thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

You realise it's only a matter of time before you all get the borg rage and smash them to smithereens with a big rifle.

Thinking of subbing to this actually, it's gonna cost as much on postage getting the models on ebay etc. Plus the subscriber exclusive ships too.

It's £9.99 per issue every two weeks as far as I can see. No mention of postage costs though, it's hardly freepost is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thinking of subbing to this actually, it's gonna cost as much on postage getting the models on ebay etc. Plus the subscriber exclusive ships too.

It's £9.99 per issue every two weeks as far as I can see. No mention of postage costs though, it's hardly freepost is it?

€30.98 per month plus free shipping.

• Advertisement

Ok screw it, I subbed to this. €30 a month I can do...they plan 70 issues or something so the finished collection will be fairly impressive. Need to find an issue number 2 somewhere though, it's not on the site to order as a back issue yet...

Hate to be Captain Obvious but:

eBay?

Postage direct is ridiculous so use Parcel Motel.

Hate to be Captain Obvious but:

eBay?

Postage direct is ridiculous so use Parcel Motel.

"IN THIS AUCTION YOU WILL BE BIDDING ON;

U.S.S. ENTERPRISE - NCC-1701(2271)

ISSUE 2 - BRAND NEW - PRISTENE CONDITION - NEVER OPENED - MODEL ONLY AUCTION"

I want the magazine too, but PM is a good idea which I'd never thought of...

Ah fair play....the tricky so and so has the magazine in the picture! I'll give the two Easons down here in Limerick a ring tomorrow on the off chance they might have one left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Can you not use their website to backorder it? if you have subbed. Personally I thought issue 2 was pretty bad - model wise...

• Advertisement

johnmryan wrote: »
    Can you not use their website to backorder it? if you have subbed. Personally I thought issue 2 was pretty bad - model wise...

Only issue #1 is available as a back issue so far on the website. I must admit from the pics the issue #2 model does look a little poor actually

Nah no stock here in stab city. I forgot to ask when I rang but maybe an Easons in Dublin would order it in for you?

Nah no stock here in stab city. I forgot to ask when I rang but maybe an Easons in Dublin would order it in for you?

Ah np thanks a mill for trying anyway :) Yeah I'm sure one of the Easons will order it in for me if I'm really stuck

Enterprise NX-01 is the ship this morning. It feels way more solid compared to the other models, especially the plastic. Lots of metallic paint, so it looks really great.

IMG_0150_zpsee8a7b53.jpg

IMG_0151_zps5be298c7.jpg

IMG_0152_zpsb9ef2e0c.jpg

Can't wait for the Reliant & the Excelsior :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

IMG_0152_zpsb9ef2e0c.jpg

That wrinkled pink alien attacking from the Enterprise from the ventral side is scary.

Does that come with the model or is that your own? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,743 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Feck ye all :p .. subscribed there now. I'll stick with it till I get the "key" ships I want (most of the first 12) and then I may just buy the back issues/ones I want like the -E, the Prometheus and the V'orcha

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Feck ye all :p .. subscribed there now. I'll stick with it till I get the "key" ships I want (most of the first 12) and then I may just buy the back issues/ones I want like the -E, the Prometheus and the V'orcha

Dammit. I was doing so well too :P

The Borg were correct.

*Awaits ships*

As a side note, the postman will be leaving lots of those package collection slips I suppose. They'll be sick of seeing me down there :p

What way does the subscription work re payment dayes etc? I subbed at the start of the month, starting from issue 4 onwards, & was duly billed €31.98 {October 1st}. Now today, October 22nd, I've been charged another €31.98...& have yet to receive a single magazine :confused:

Was the first payment for issues 4 & 5, which are prob in the post by now? And was the second payment for issues 6 & 7 for next month, ie are you billed a month in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Myrddin wrote: »
    What way does the subscription work re payment dayes etc? I subbed at the start of the month, starting from issue 4 onwards, & was duly billed €31.98 {October 1st}. Now today, October 22nd, I've been charged another €31.98...& have yet to receive a single magazine :confused:

Was the first payment for issues 4 & 5, which are prob in the post by now? And was the second payment for issues 6 & 7 for next month, ie are you billed a month in advance?

In my experience from my first order you do get them - but their is a (long) wait.

You can complain on the Facebook, but there seems to be a major fanboy who is telling everyone to "relax" and you will get them and their worth it... (which I find strange - why does someone give up their time to reply to every comment and claim not to be related to the company?) Anyway depending on your perspective on whether or not they are worth the wait...
    I got three ships and given them the below amounts since day 1:eek:
    €31.98
    €31.98
    €25.98
    €3.99

Lads am I right that it's Voyager next week? Definitely will be hitting Easons for that!

johnmryan wrote: »
    In my experience from my first order you do get them - but their is a (long) wait.

You can complain on the Facebook, but there seems to be a major fanboy who is telling everyone to "relax" and you will get them and their worth it... (which I find strange - why does someone give up their time to reply to every comment and claim not to be related to the company?) Anyway depending on your perspective on whether or not they are worth the wait...
    I got three ships and given them the below amounts since day 1:eek:
    €31.98
    €31.98
    €25.98
    €3.99

Cheers, I don't mind waiting at all...it's more why have I been billed €32 twice in the same month? If its billed a month ahead then that's fine I guess, I shouldn't be billed again until this time next month

OK.. I'm getting concerned now. Nearly 3 weeks later and still nothing in the post but they've taken €93 from my account so far :eek:

WTF? Anyone else have problems like this?

Myrddin wrote: »

Think we're all in the same boat. I subbed from issue #1 on 04/10 and haven't received anything yet either.
    €3.99 taken on 10/10
    €25.98 taken on 17/10
    I assume the pattern will repeat on Thursday with another €31.98 going out. Don't really mind how they catch me up on the money side so long as they all arrive close to each other in the next week or so.

Any longer and it may be time for Fat Tony to give them a call. I just need to find a clip of him saying "star" and "ships" to replace "pretzel monies" and I'm good to go. :D
    Fat Tony wrote:
    "I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of the pretzel monies Starships. 'Where's the money Starships?' 'When are you going to get the money Starships?' 'Why aren't you getting the money Starships now?' And so on."

You have 24 hours to give us our money Starships. And to show you we're serious… you have 12 hours.

Just ordered Voyager on eBay!!

:edit: Crap!! I didn't see that it was a pre-order! lol I thought they had them early. Oh well roll on Halloween.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    OK.. I'm getting concerned now. Nearly 3 weeks later and still nothing in the post but they've taken €93 from my account so far :eek:

WTF? Anyone else have problems like this?

I think Voyager might actually be coming from the Delta quadrant.

I posted details on the other thread too but everyone seems to be encountering the same delay. The recent launch of the magazine in the US probably isn't helping their backlog either. Hopefully they'll sort themselves out once the mayhem of the initial launch has subsided.

Goldstein wrote: »
    I think Voyager might actually be coming from the Delta quadrant.

I posted details on the other thread too but everyone seems to be encountering the same delay. The recent launch of the magazine in the US probably isn't helping their backlog either. Hopefully they'll sort themselves out once the mayhem of the initial launch has subsided.

Just spoke to their UK callcentre there

Apparently there's problems where Royal Mail are losing the packages but they don't seem to have any problems charging us for it regardless.

He then tried to tell me that it could take another fortnight for the first one to arrive, nevermind the rest - who knows how much I'll have been billed by then!
    Of course the only avenue to escalate is to send another email to someone else.

Feck that. I've cancelled the PayPal authorisation and instructed them to refund me. If/when these ever do arrive I'll simply refuse delivery and they can go back. :mad:

Is there a set date the issues are sent out? Are they sent out together, as in both of whatever months issues get sent together at the end of the month, or are they sent out separately a fortnight apart?

• Advertisement

The most common thing I heard about Eaglemoss is that once they have you subscribed, they couldn't care less about you. Missing, delayed and damaged shipments are common.

I'll be continuing to buy from Easons. I live going in in a Thursday morning and choosing which one of the models look the best.

Advertisement