Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starship collection magazine

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mods, can you please add spoiler tags around the lists I posted in case people want to be surprised by what is coming?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I bought the first one earlier because its only 4 quid. the top part of the Enterprise fell off about 10 minutes after i opened, the plastic bit where "enterprise" is written.

This is the CONFIRMED list from issues 1-30. Some differences from the one posted above.

1 Enterprise NCC-1701-D
    2 Enterprise NCC-1701 TMP
    3 Klingon Bird-of-Prey
    4 Enterprise NX-01
    5 Romulan Warbird
    6 U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656
    7 Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser
    8 U.S.S. Excelsior
    9 U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205
    10 Borg Sphere
    11 U.S.S. Reliant (Miranda class)
    12 Akira class
    13 Jem'hadar cruiser
    14 Cardassian Galor class
    15 Equinox
    16 Ferengi Marauder
    17 Dauntless
    18 Bajoran Solar Sailor
    19 Stargazer
    20 Klingon V'orcha class
    21 Enterprise NCC-1701-E
    22 Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship
    23 Nebula class
    24 Xindi insectoid ship
    25 U.S.S. Prometheus
    26 Tholian ship
    27 Romulan Bird-of-Prey
    28 Maquis Fighter
    29 Jem'hadar bug
    30 Nausicaan Fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Ah I cant decide... to sub or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

johnmryan wrote: »

You'll probably have to if you want any of them from issue 3/4 onwards I'd say. At that price most retailers won't be shifting many so won't bother stocking them.

Is issue 1 still out? I'm going to pick it up tomorrow if I can

• Advertisement

johnmryan wrote: »

I think I'm going to give it a miss. From what I have read from previous Eaglemoss subscribers, they are a complete joke of a company.

Items going missing regularly, items not being sent on time, specials not being sent with the correct delivery, items being damaged, crazy euro price compared with UK price, awful customer service.

Take a look at their facebook page. Anger all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I might skip the mags, & try pick up the models on ebay or something.

I was on there FB page, saw a lot of happy people posting pics of their ships - but they do seem to break easily!!! Anyway I subbed - decided to treat myself, I wont stay with them for too long though. Lot of ships I don't care about, just want to main ones really and Ds9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I bought this for the galaxy class model really happy with it think its a bit to rich at 15 euro every second week though but im tempted now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've had a look in a few shops but can't see it. Sold out I guess or just not stocked

• Advertisement

Still waiting on mine, no ship yet - they have my money thou!

My Easons in Limerick sold about 100 of issue 1!

Part 2 was due in today in Easons. Was told there may be limited stock and to call this morning.

Never arrived. I was told it could be in tomorrow or Friday or Saturday or anytime next week.

I asked if they could hold it for me each week. They said "no, they stopped doing that for people years ago.

So I said I basically had to ring each morning to check if the magazine had arrived, otherwise I could miss it due to low stock.

"Yes, that's correct"

Yeah I think I'm done with collecting this. Will pick up the ships I want on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

there on ebay,magazine and ship,cheapest i seen was about 12e ish, thats delivered,the whole thing is a rip off over here with the prices, theres any amount of nice model ships on ebay,
    whats goin to be in the magazines that most trek fans dont already know?

mr lee wrote: »
    there on ebay,magazine and ship,cheapest i seen was about 12e ish, thats delivered,the whole thing is a rip off over here with the prices, theres any amount of nice model ships on ebay,
    whats goin to be in the magazines that most trek fans dont already know?

Yeah the magazines are pretty poor. Then again, noone is buying them for the mags :)

I picked two up in the Parkway FutureGuy....nicer than last week's one IMO. Next one is a €16 edition. Hmmm if it were €10 I'd be in there like swimwear. €16 means I'll be just getting Voyager and Defiant and that'll be it methinks. I am a cheap bastard y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Issue 2 looks like paper mache. Cheap crap with a glossy magazine. I feel like pulling the saucer section assunder this time . . .

3 weeks of waiting here, I subbed, they took the money right away, still no sign. Not interested in the mags - just want a few nice ships and will cancel then...

I'm a bit disappointed with #2's stand....the little catches aren't as snug as the first model.

I like the A. Clearly not as impressive as the D but still a lovely model.

One of the best things about not subscribing is you can look through 20 magazines and find the best painted model to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Plenty of issue 1 and 2 in Easons O'Connell St at the minute, if anyone's interested.

Just picked up both and they're grand for the discount price. Definitely happy I didn't subscribe tough. Models are flimsy as hell in places – one of the D's on the shelf already had a snapped off nacelle. Don't think I'll be paying full price for any future issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd like to see snaps of the models, anyone want to throw up a few pics of the models so far?

Got mine today - not opened yet, I can say that binder they sent is pretty hard to figure out, lucky for this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ugKP6_SW8

It will be interesting to see what reaction the 15.99 Bird of Prey will get. :p

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what reaction the 15.99 Bird of Prey will get. :p

Is that a special?, I got a bird of prey today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd like to see snaps of the models, anyone want to throw up a few pics of the models so far?

Here's some snaps of the refit and the D, in unflattering high quality :)

They're not at all awful I guess. Look better sitting there on my desk than the first impression I got when I unpacked them; just wouldn't want to be playing with them too much :P

The saucer section on both is metal, feels solid and good, although for some reason the 'inner' section on the top of the D's saucer is plastic. Stardrive / engineering section, struts and nacelles on each are pretty cheap feeling plastic too. Nacelle's wouldn't stand much of a knock without snapping off I reckon.

But you know, don't go knocking them about and you'll be grand.

Well worth the €13 for the two of these (I think it was €4 and €9), bit of a stretch for me at €14+ for future models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

You guys can try and win a subscription if you fancy it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=981031

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Saw the ads for them but never looked into the details. If I were to go after some smaller models then I rather spend the extra on high quality ones I want.

• Advertisement

I caved and bought issue 3. The Klingon ship is very nice, with a worn look to the paint.

Also, it seems that the USS Kelvin, the USS Enterprise and the USS Vengeance will all be subscriber exclusives :(

Regarding the 15.99 price tag, I bought a USS Vengeance model in Forbiodden Planet for 20 euro a few weeks back...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Trek-2013-new-Hot-wheels-USS-Vengeance-Die-cast-model-collect-them-all-/290976568912?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item43bf8e1650

I have to say that the Eaglemoss ships are far better quality and much more detailed, despite being cheaper.

Advertisement