Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seriously, I am not grievously offending you !

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Did you get the number plate. I'd be ringing the nearest station with the number plate if I were you.

I thought of it miles later, but I wasn't going back:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

kilclon wrote: »
    In theory both speeding and lane hogging are likely to increase the chances of an accident. So if one is concerned with decreasing the likelihood of an accident, a flash would be warranted in both cases.

Perhaps, but I don't flash at people in the hopes of decreasing accidents. I don't think there are drivers with no clue going about breaking the rules who, given a quick flash, will think "You know what? That random stranger was right, I should change my driving habits to keep them happy!".

However, there are sometimes people who aren't paying 100% attention, and a quick flash in the overtaking lane or a little bip of the horn when the lights change can remind them to do what they would normally do.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Perhaps, but I don't flash at people in the hopes of decreasing accidents. I don't think there are drivers with no clue going about breaking the ruleswho, given a quick flash, will think "You know what? That random stranger was right, I should change my driving habits to keep them happy!".

However, there are sometimes people who aren't paying 100% attention, and a quick flash in the overtaking lane or a little bip of the horn when the lights change can remind them to do what they would normally do.

Yeah, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Sadly, ( and I see this every day ) driving is 3rd or 4th on the list of things they are doing for some people while behind the wheel of a car.

Advertisement