Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Why oh why do they insist on rushing everything in this show? Also, I really don't like the whole Jerome/Joker thing but that's because I want the Joker to have no backstory or history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

They really don't like killing any1 on this show eh? Expect Mario back next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Shane St. wrote: »
    They really don't like killing any1 on this show eh? Expect Mario back next week

Selina's mother was made to be offed I suspect.

Trivia for those interested in that kind of thing: Jerome's head goon in this episode, the morgue guy, was played by the same actor that played the Joker's goon abducted by Harvey in The Dark Knight.

Another terrible episode I really don't know why I stick with this the only kind of saving grace was the ending but they will fcuk that up over the next two episodes no doubt.

Is Lee now going to become this seasons Barbara the way she switched sides so quickly.

I think when this arc ends in 2 weeks the 3 month break might be the final straw for me.

Honestly Lee is understable. Everything Jim touches does turn to poison, Mario had no knife (to her) and she still has feelings for Jim.

Clareman wrote: »
    Why oh why do they insist on rushing everything in this show? Also, I really don't like the whole Jerome/Joker thing but that's because I want the Joker to have no backstory or history.

Except they've been giving him a back story since the killing joke. And under the red hood etc.

They should have stuck with the red hood origin from earluer in the series, although I doubt that they expected Jerome to be so popular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

I actually thought that episode was reasonably good.
    It is the first time I actually thought Chiklis was believable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

smilerf wrote: »
    I actually thought that episode was reasonably good.
    It is the first time I actually thought Chiklis was believable

I thought that episode was alright as well.

Great episode this week

Great episode this week

Nice one, looking forward to watching it this evening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought that was a very good episode this week, the whole face off thing was well done and I think I can live with this Joker

• Advertisement

It was very good indeed, with Bruce/Selina having a great scene.

Some nice pieces coming together, I'm liking the whole dynamic between Selina and Bruce and that story arc(s). The Pengiun/Nigma storyline is going a little bit too fast, did they have to kill all the bosses in 1 episode in about 30 seconds? There's 3 good storylines going at the same time and they are trucking along with them all to make sure they get them all out of the way quickly.

Makes you wonder if they're getting another season. I'd be happy with one more season and after that they can do as they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The last two episodes of this have been brilliant. The Jerome character (and actor) brings a real menace to proceedings and for the first time, the show feels like it has some actual stakes.

While it also made sense to show Bruce can now look after himself in a fight, it also makes it feel like fully grown Batman would have no issue rounding up all the bad guys in the space of one episode.

Pity there's such a break until the next part of the season.

Jerome really does raise the stakes alright. Pretty twisted and memorable performance it must be said, hats off to Cameron Monaghan.

David Mazouz has also had an excellent string of episodes as Bruce.

The show seems to be moving at quite a speed now which makes me suspicious of the reasons. I'd say we'd of heard by now if it was up for the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think the guy playing Jerome did a better job of conveying the inexplicable lunacy of his (presumed) Joker than most of the others down the years apart from Ledger.
    Certainly IMO streets ahead of the other recent depiction, Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad, though granted that movie overall was a mess anyway.

Very annoying that we have to wait nearly 3 months until late April for more progress. These mid term breaks in the US TV schedules can really mess up the momentum of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

This is one show that would Benefit from less Episodes per season. The last episode with Jerome been an example of the standard it should be trying to maintain , Enjoyed his performance made the episode for me but across 20+ eps a season 30-40% are just fillers and take from the over all standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭steve_r

duridian wrote: »
    I think the guy playing Jerome did a better job of conveying the inexplicable lunacy of his (presumed) Joker than most of the others down the years apart from Ledger.
    Certainly IMO streets ahead of the other recent depiction, Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad, though granted that movie overall was a mess anyway.

Very annoying that we have to wait nearly 3 months until late April for more progress. These mid term breaks in the US TV schedules can really mess up the momentum of a show.

Agreed - though he is copying bits of Ledger's/Hamill's protrays. Not complaining though!

I think this show shines where they cast talented randomers to the big roles - I really like how Penguin, Joker, and to a lesser extent Nigma have been protrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Enter the Dragon vibes at the end there with the joker and bruce

Very enjoyable last episode before the break.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a very good last episode and I actually enjoyed the whole Joker storyline, the writers did a great job with this whole episode, especially with the fairground setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Breaking the statue seemed pointless. Expected to see them clean up and notice something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭bren2001

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Breaking the statue seemed pointless. Expected to see them clean up and notice something about it

We have not seen them clean it up. Could very well happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they're getting another season. I'd be happy with one more season and after that they can do as they wish.
    The show is in its third full season, it is absolutely getting a fourth season, guaranteed, because of syndication.

The show is in its third full season, it is absolutely getting a fourth season, guaranteed, because of syndication.
    Same thing was said about Hannibal too with it's syndication. I hope your right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Same thing was said about Hannibal too with it's syndication. I hope your right
    Three FULL seasons of 22 episodes, means a fourth season is guaranteed. So, 66 episodes after three seasons, going into a fourth. Hannibal had only 39 episodes after three seasons (13 episodes a season), that fact, plus its terrible ratings, made it unsuitable for syndication.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Very enjoyable last episode before the break.

Not back till the 24 April. Too long of a break IMO.

Not back till the 24 April. Too long of a break IMO.
    Its even a longer wait for Lucifer its ridiculous. I'm not sure why they do it. I'd imagine they might lose viewers

With 66 episodes and the big push DC are doing on their universe I'd be amazed if this wasn't renewed for a forth season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,453 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will get 5 seasons at a minimum.

Advertisement