Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭bren2001

Thank God the Mad Hatter story arc is finished. What an awful run of episodes! Hopefully, the Court of Owls stuff kicks in now and we get a decent run of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The Gotham writers seem to be on speed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can't remember, but what was the reason for the plaster on the back of Mario's neck? It seemed like something Jim would recognise if he saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Morena Baccarin has signed on to star in and executive produce a legal pilot for NBC http://tvline.com/2016/11/14/morena-baccarin-cast-nbc-legal-pilot-gotham/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

hopefully no more barnes for a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Shane St. wrote: »
    hopefully no more barnes for a while!
    I hate Chiklis.
    People complained about Jps overacting but he was just as bad

On a side note what's to stop tetch hypnotizing everyone in Arkham?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Remar to play Jim's uncle Frank - TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Gotham has to be the wackiest dark show I've ever watched. Some of the violence is just disconcerting especially in today's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Shane St. wrote: »
    My main problem with the show is not the weak plots and dialogue. It's the acting!

I would say only Donal Logue and the butler are convincing.

I dont think you can carry off a show like this, with its wacky storylines, without an element of hamminess. For me it adds to the comedy aspect...like the Penguin showing up with a bazooka. If it tried to take itself too seriously, it would probably come across as ridiculous.

Its like the sitcom 3rd Rock from the Sun. By unashamedly hamming, it allowed them to get away with stuff nobody else was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I think the acting is decent to fine, as in the central cast have either been consistent or have at least demonstrated ability at one point or another.

It's the inconsistent writing that hurts the show above all else.

• Advertisement

Who would have thought that Alfred the butler is the son of Worzel Gummidge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

i have to respect Gotham bringing attention to the cops "shoot first, ask questions later" policy. Seriously how is Gordon still a cop??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

God I thought that was very poor. I like what they are doing with edd and oswal. But so far I have been a bit let down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Gotham is grand for what it is - a fantasy crime-drama.
    I find it entertaining anyway.

It's best not to over-analyse it like this!!

https://www.wired.com/2016/11/no-bruce-wayne-thats-not-tightropes-work/

Is there a mid-season break or another episode next week?

marvin80 wrote: »

that was the mid season finale
    Probably be mid to late February when it's back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭corkie

marvin80 wrote: »

smilerf wrote: »

IMDB has S03E012 airing on the 16th January

corkie wrote: »
    IMDB has S03E012 airing on the 16th January
    nice one

Have ye all seen the promo for episode 12 :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

That storyline was getting like a borderline bad soap opera but thankfully they offed Mario in the same episode where he was making his cringey threats towards Gordon.

Falcone's reaction to his son's death after Gordon's promise, Penguin fighting an assault from all fronts and Owls should set up a strong 2nd half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Have ye all seen the promo for episode 12 :-)

Looks good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Ross and Rachel...Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.
    Not really the proper midseason finale, as there's still 3 more episodes in the "Mad City"-subtitle arc (first 14 episodes of the third season).

January 16th: S3E12 - Ghosts
    January 23rd: S3E13 - TBA
    January 30th: S3E14 - TBA (end of "Mad City"-subtitle arc, won't return until late March/April for final 8 episodes of the season, with a new subtitle for those episodes).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,480 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts back on Monday next the 16th for 3 weeks then breaks again for the guts of 3 months and will return Monday, April 24 at 8pm in the States for the last 8 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭bren2001

Starts back on Monday next the 16th for 3 weeks then breaks again for the guts of 3 months and will return Monday, April 24 at 8pm in the States for the last 8 episodes.

FFS, I hate it when shows do this. Just wait to bring it back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Same thing happening with Lucifer, back for three episodes and then not back until May 1 ,complete waste of time. 24 Legacy and a new show called APB will take over these time slots during the three months.

The new shows have a better chance at good ratings and getting renewed, doing it this way, than at the end of the Sep-May TV season. If they let Gotham and Lucifer run straight from now and finished in March/April, then launched the new shows, they would most likely get cancelled. Of course, the new shows could still have bad ratings in Feb/March and get cancelled anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The new shows have a better chance at good ratings and getting renewed, doing it this way, than at the end of the Sep-May TV season. If they let Gotham and Lucifer run straight from now and finished in March/April, then launched the new shows, they would most likely get cancelled. Of course, the new shows could still have bad ratings in Feb/March and get cancelled anyway.

Oh I agree about putting new shows on in between the season of other shows but I find it pointless bringing Gotham and Lucifer back just for 3 episodes and then taking 3 month break. They could have started the new shows at the start of January or late December and then air the second part of Lucifer and Gotham's seasons in March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,769 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

bren2001 wrote: »
    FFS, I hate it when shows do this. Just wait to bring it back!!!

Just watch it on RTE and then you don,t have to worry about that happening.

TV where shows are meant to be watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,769 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ross and Rachel...Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.

Not really the proper midseason finale, as there's still 3 more episodes in the "Mad City"-subtitle arc (first 14 episodes of the third season).

January 16th: S3E12 - Ghosts
    January 23rd: S3E13 - TBA
    January 30th: S3E14 - TBA (end of "Mad City"-subtitle arc, won't return until late March/April for final 8 episodes of the season, with a new subtitle for those episodes).

Ross and Rachel... Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.

Whatever you say so yourself but the first four you mention would not be in my greatest anything thanks but no thanks.
    As for Penguin and Riddler they are great villains all right don,t know where your getting the love bit from.

AMKC wrote: »
    Ross and Rachel... Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.

Whatever you say so yourself but the first four you mention would not be in my greatest anything thanks but no thanks.
    Okay, switch it to George Michael and Maeby...Chris Griffin and Herbert The Pervert.
    AMKC wrote: »
    As for Penguin and Riddler they are great villains all right don,t know where your getting the love bit from.
    The fact that Penguin is in love with Nygma? What's black and white and green all over? A Penguin getting stuck in a Riddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,480 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another terrible episode I really don't know why I stick with this the only kind of saving grace was the ending but they will fcuk that up over the next two episodes no doubt.

Is Lee now going to become this seasons Barbara the way she switched sides so quickly.

I think when this arc ends in 2 weeks the 3 month break might be the final straw for me.

Advertisement