Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭bren2001

Thrill wrote: »
    Gotham Planning For Future Seasons

http://seriable.com/gotham-harley-quinn-confirmed-future-seasons/

Gotham Season 2 Will Thematically Center Around ‘Great Iconic’ Villain

http://seriable.com/gotham-season-2-will-thematically-center-around-great-iconic-villain/

Posted by me above. You might want to spoiler it, not everybody wants to know who is going to appear and when. It annoyed me I had read it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

pixelburp wrote: »

Oh but hey, look, Harvey Dent's obsessed with betting and likes flipping a coin - what do you think of that Selina, oops, I mean Cat?!!?

Damn wish they took that direction now especially with Bruces parents that would of been great, I can just imagine Thomas Wayne getting closer to overturning whatever controversy hes involved with, maybe getting the upper hand on falcone then the season ends with them heading to the theatre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I watched the mid-season finale: started off pretty good, and the show works much better when it has a little steam and momentum up its backside, but it all fizzled out by the end. Alfred's ass-kicking made the episode watchable throughout mind you. Hard to decide whether I'll bother coming back for the latter half though, there'd want to considerable improvement in the writing alone to tempt me back. I do wonder how the show is doing though, whether it's considered a 'hit'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe the show should have been built around Alfred instead of Gordon.

Sean Pertwee is the stand out in the show for me when he is on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I think it's gotten progressively better. I'll be sticking with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone else find the child acting a bit jarring and unnatural?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Maybe the show should have been built around Alfred instead of Gordon.

Sean Pertwee is the stand out in the show for me when he is on screen.

Agree with this myself, hes playing his role very very well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The show definitely got better as the season went on and I will be watching it when it returns. Also
    should be interesting with Jim in arkham asylum. I'm sure we will be seeing scarecrow soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This is on next Monday as normal so not really a mid season finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This is on next Monday as normal so not really a mid season finale.

No it's not, not back until January 5th.

• Advertisement

No it's not, not back until January 5th.

:o You are correct, FOX are airing the pilot again next week in their usual slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Another strong episode, I find myself increasingly investing in it without any awkward dialogue or acting distracting me.

Apparently it's one of Fox's big hitters now in the ratings so it's safe for another season at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great mid season finale, gutted its taking a break because it was just coming into it!! Sean Pertwees 100% the star for me especially after that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is this mid/split-season stuff new, and should we blame it all on The Walking Dead, or has this been going on for years and i've just been watching the wrong (right?) shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happens with most network shows with 20+ episodes. Half the season this year, break for Christmas/New year then continue from January or February.

Then there are shows that say they're all one season but take big breaks like Braking Bad or Mad Men

Happened in America for years, you're only noticing it now in the age of downloads (Local channels have to keep up with American airdates so happens here now too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Is this show worth catching up on?

Watched the first episode and found it very bland and OTT, does it improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its not groundbreaking by any means, but watchable all the same, better than sons of anarchy at the moment which wouldnt be very hard

Sean Pertwee is brilliant in this,he looks so much like his dad,Jon ( third Doctor Who). When are RTE2 showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Is this show worth catching up on?

Watched the first episode and found it very bland and OTT, does it improve?

It does pick up somewhat about 7 episodes in (10 have aired to date). The earlier episodes don't advance the main story much and are "baddie of the week” sort of fare, except the baddies aren't very interesting. It is definitely not in the same (justice) league as its cousins Arrow and The Flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Any sign of this coming to Sky? Been waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Aenaes wrote: »
    Any sign of this coming to Sky? Been waiting for it.

Channel 5 have the uk rights and have aired the first 10 episodes

Rte2 are showing it in the new year,hopefully January!

Good start to second part of the season.

A good episode set inside Arkham Asylum.

Always good to see Morena Baccarin on my tv screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Agreed the only downside were the scenes with Fish. The sooner she is gone the better!

Raf32 wrote: »
    Agreed the only downside were the scenes with Fish. The sooner she is gone the better!

Agreed.

Though I do think the Fish could work as a character but Mrs Smith is just a bad actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Parts of this show are just cringeworthy like the stuff with Barbara and then Ivy answering to phone to her....christ!

Parts of this show are just cringeworthy like the stuff with Barbara and then Ivy answering to phone to her....christ!

It was funny, I laughed to at little Ivy saying to Cat she is Vegan. First episode in a while without Bruce Wayne appearing too. Jumped a bit when I heard the laughter during the riot in Arkham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I don't want to read through the thread for fear of ruining it, but I watched maybe the first 20 minutes of the first episode before switching it off because of the awful acting / script. Does it improve much or is it just something you get used to?

Advertisement