Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea my little ones huge compared to her brother at this stage.. She's gonna be rolling and crawling in no time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Luke is still on 6oz bottles every 3 hours! He does go down to sleep at 8.00/8.30pm every night and sleeps through until about 5/6.00am so I can't really complain about what seems like the constant feeding.

He's on Staydown formula now and seems to be flying it. It's a pain to make though, I keep shaking it by accident... you're supposed to roll it gently.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

How do ye get them down to bed so early?? My lad only has his last bottle around 7/8 so it's 9/10 before he goes down. He does sleep until around 7 (this morning was8:30!!!!) so I can't really complain!!!

deh983 wrote: »
    How do ye get them down to bed so early?? My lad only has his last bottle around 7/8 so it's 9/10 before he goes down. He does sleep until around 7 (this morning was8:30!!!!) so I can't really complain!!!

He has his last bottle at around 8 and falls asleep not long after. Nappy etc changed before last bottle

My little flower won't suck a dummy at all but fingers work....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

11 weeks here.

finally got around to writing the final thank you cards today - i really hope this is the end of the presents!

it was worse than writing out the wedding thank you cards :(

How's all the babies..my little one had her 3 month check she's 14lbs now.. Looking to get bumbo soon for her she's heavy to carry..

Not too bad here. Getting into a routine now. Nearly 14 weeks and 14lbs 14ozs!!! Time really is flying by. Rolled from front to back last week. Fun times ahead!!!

Once that starts there's so much to follow. I can't keep up with my first lad.. Phn thinks Lucy can spoon feed in the next 4 weeks its crazy how quick its gone by so far

Yep she said to me anytime after 17 weeks. I'm nervous of it though with him being lactose intolerant. Hopefully he will have grown out of it by then!!
    I won't lie I'm so glad those first few weeks are over. Nobody tells you how hard it is and it's only since he was born that other mothers have admitted how hard they found it aswell.

• Advertisement

Yea no one admits until your in the same boat.. My little lad still is lactose intolerant but can handle a bit in his diet.. Start of using baby milk to mix through foods then see how it goes..

Did you find it hard at the start finding foods that agreed with him?

I started with breakfasts first then after couple of weeks branched out. He wasn't too fussy he's worse now. He loved Sunday dinners and bananas still has one every day

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the boy was weighed today 14lb 5oz at 12weeks.

he is now rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back, so need to start baby proofing, as he is rolling around the floor. he nearly pulled a big iron candle stick on top of himself today

Oh I had all this with jack so already done for Lucy.. Although every day there's something I'm moving as he's reached them..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got back from holidays on Monday after 3 weeks in a mobile home in France.
    Lil miss was as good as gold,we changed her formula to a lactose free one before holidays and it looks like she is finally gaining weight,at a rough estimate she is about 12lb which 2 of my others were and about 7 weeks lol
    My 2nd girl had a bad milk allergy so this should be easier and will hopefully pass quickly.
    She can roll from back to front but can not roll back anymore like she could as a tiny baby.
    The last 3 months have flown and as she is my last ever baby I am trying not to miss a thing!
    She is so funny with her little chats and giggles.

I'm late on AF it came back at 8 weeks and Lucy is 13 weeks now almost 14 and nothing since they are usually clock work.. So once I get them I'm on the pill for sure till after Xmas and we may discuss a 3rd.. Praying I'm not already in trouble! We will defo have a 3rd but I want 1 Xmas not pregnant

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I'm late on AF it came back at 8 weeks and Lucy is 13 weeks now almost 14 and nothing since they are usually clock work.. So once I get them I'm on the pill for sure till after Xmas and we may discuss a 3rd.. Praying I'm not already in trouble! We will defo have a 3rd but I want 1 Xmas not pregnant

Imagine how close they would be in age, not sure if that would be good or bad :)
    Isn't it lovely not being pregnant anymore :)

Yes I really love not been and with her an all night sleeper so early on I don't want to tempt faith.. Both mine are in bed by half 7 up at half 7-8! I like my sleep time

same:)
    Caol goes at 7 and the girls at 8 and then I tend to keep baby up with me but she is an amazing sleeper too.

• Advertisement

God ye are so lucky getting them down so early!! Little man goes down around 9:30/10 and up at 7/8 so not too bad.
    He's a terrible lad for grunting and grizzling and kicking every morning at 5 but isn't actually awake. Very strange. He has check up in the hospital in Monday so will mention it then. His little tummy has been off since he was born so something must b bothering him still. Otherwise we are all healthy & happy so can't complain.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weather :)

Bumbo is a success

Bumbo is a success

Aww , that is so cute :)
    I need to find a seat for Siún as the bouncer is getting too small and I had to dump out the one that the others all used .

She likes sitting up so hates bouncers.. So far she loves the bumbo.. I'm also going to get two seats for her and her brother so they can sit at the table with us.. They attach to the chairs and I can bring them when we go to in-laws for dinner

I'm at my wits end... seriously... Doc put Luke on soy formula (SMA) because the staydown wasn't working. He's just refusing the bottles completely now :( I've tried different bottles, different teats, different formula... :( I'm starting to get upset at feeding time.

He is gaining weight but the poor child spends his waking hours puking, and sometimes his sleeping hours too.

The lactose free milk is working for Siún,alot less sick ups but she is still gaining weight painfully slow.
    I am very surprised they recommended Soy formila.
    Did you try Nutramigen?

Lucy is on nutramigen too and was the only thing she never brought up

Lucy is on nutramigen too and was the only thing she never brought up

It was a life saver for #2 she could not touch milk for over 2 years .

Siún is on Enfamil .

Think number 1 needs to go doctor over same thing he's 16 months old and still can't have normal milk

• Advertisement

My lad is on enfamil aswell. Has started spitting up a lot recently. I wonder is it time to change teats on bottles. He is gone very clingy and doesn't want to lie on floor anymore either. Wants to b sitting up looking around. Can't get a thing done!!!

Advertisement