Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Trust me you'll only get them sleeping then teething will mess it up.. Babies will always set there own pace.. Jack was 6 and half to 7 months before he slept through but she's just easier.. They all differ greatly

And it all flies by and gets easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You're doing absolutely nothing wrong :) Every baby is different. Maybe try to warm her moses basket a bit before you put her down into it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

dottybows wrote: »
    Oh my god I am soo jealous! Zora is 4 weeks old now but not sleeping properly at all. She cries all the time! She's breastfed, so during the day she feeds about every two hours, but she cries after every feed and sometimes cries and fusses and only sleeps a few minutes and then she wakes ready for the next feed again. We gave her Infacol for two weeks but only noticed a very small difference. It helped her burp, but she was still crying a lot. She mainly does it in the evenings and during the night. Last week I went to the pharmacy to get more Infacol, but decided to try something different. I got her Dentinox Colic Drops (Its a gel really and comes with a spoon which is so not handy for a baby!). She absolutely hates it, but I have to say it makes her burp quickly and she farts a lot now. The last two nights she even slept for 3-4hours at a time...which brings me to my next problem...She will only sleep on my chest. She won't sleep in her cot, in our bed or even her car seat (except for when we're in the car). I can sleep, but it's not proper sleep and himself has been on the couch for two weeks already. I am sooo tired! I can't wait for the weekends so he can take her after she's fed. What am I doing wrong?

All of mine only wanted to sleep on us for the 1st few weeks , it is normal .
    Maybe she has reflux ? Have you tried cutting caffeine and dairy from your diet ?

Well little woman is now 6 weeks and like before after my little guy was born the monthlys are about to return.. Why not 8 months from now grrr..! Only 2 and half weeks since I stopped after the birth..

Suppose been a PCOS sufferer that never has normal monthlys I should be happy.. But they suck

Plus I don't want another baby so soon again so it's piece of mind if they come (I didn't get caught out)

Time to break the contraception out!

My six week check up next week and I'll probably try depo provera again... and ask for a referral for tubal ligation.

• Advertisement

I don't know what to get.. I do not like anything that's left in it freaks my head out to no end.. (even the start of pregnancy freaks me out until they give proper kicks)

We are now been careful but not the first time (ooops I'm awful)
    the pill never agrees with me so unsure if I want to try again last time I needed it was when I was 15 and didn't have regular cycles.. I was told I couldn't get pregnant which I proved wrong.. Now I'm drove mad it used to be I needed pills to get pregnant now I need them to not

Know this is probably TMI but we haven't managed to do the deed yet again... I really want to but my body confidence has gone right down... my scar is still icky (it's swearing because I'm overweight and have an overhang) and I just don't want himself seeing me like that even though I know he wouldn't give a fiddlers. Stupid c sections :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww:( give yourself time to recover.
    You have had 4 babies in less the 5 1/2 years of course you are not going to be flat tummied,my kids asked me did I have another baba bump,I explained no it is just mammies big belly!! and I have had no c-sections.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    aww:( give yourself time to recover.
    You have had 4 babies in less the 5 1/2 years of course you are not going to be flat tummied,my kids asked me did I have another baba bump,I explained no it is just mammies big belly!! and I have had no c-sections.

That's not the problem at all unfortunately, it's the fact that I'm having to shower at least 4 times a day to keep the sweating scar under control :(

ugh that is worse:(

• Advertisement

That's awful.. I don't have a scar but is there a wrap you could use that won't do damage so you can let air at it so it won't sweat? I do know what an over hangs like grrr! It's because after having babies I deflate 3 days later so all the skin is left loose.. Think Penny's pregnancy band may work even for a week to help.. Tummy Tucker undies are my friends when going somewhere nice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am so jelaous of all the sleeping babies.

my lad, goes down at between 8.30 and 9.30pm and is up between 12 and 2am and ten again at 5am and thats it for the day really.

I'll be at the doc next week so will ask him then if there is anything (except losing weight which I'm working on!) that might help...

JM, is he still breasfeeding? I reckon Luke is only sleeping so well because he's bottle feeding, if he was breast feeding I'd be expecting him up at all hours of the night! He went down at 9pm last night, woke at 4.00am for a feed and then was up at 7.30am.

Think I'm buying a ring sling today wohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. We have a completely different child here since changing to lactose free formula. Can't believe the difference.
    Sleep wise he goes down around 10:30 and sleeps till 5/6 so we can't complain really. We even managed to get out on Sunday night for a few drinks. Heaven!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe how fast the weeks are going
    Johnmason did ye go to the osteopath? How did you find it??

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

I'll join your club John Mason, we are up 3 times most nights, twice on a good night! Breastfed baby :o

He's 8 weeks and full of smiles for the past week :D He gained 2.5 kg since he was born just on my milk, I find it hugely rewarding!

When mine were being breastfed at night,I was feeding every 2 hours.
    Hang in there:)
    Wait gain is an issue for us at the moment so she is now on bottles full time,she only gained about 17lb in 6 weeks despite feeding a lot.

*edit*
    17lb lol
    1lb 3 oz is what i meant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My little girl is over 9 pounds and is within all the proper weight and other things for everything she's faced so far. My doctor doesn't see her as 6 weeks premature and just goes by her original due date. I got the coil put in and it's great thinking I'm covered for the next 5 years. I couldn't put myself through a pregnancy again I think after everything that happened last time.

Well a day from hell and it wasn't the babies at all.. My little guy is 14 months next week and still hasn't had his last jabs.. I tried on time bit he had chest infection then last week but they couldn't find his notes then today but still no notes and ran out of time waiting for doctor to arrive (got there at half 4 left at 6 to collect husband) so both him and his sister weren't seen (6week check)

Was 20 mins late collecting hubby then.. So tired now

Caolán(16 months) has not had his yet either..he only got the 12 month ones 3 weeks ago and is due the 13 month ones this week.
    Ugh I hate waiting in doctors surgeries and the stress when you know you have to be somewhere!!

Does it matter there's a big gap..?

• Advertisement

Does it matter there's a big gap..?

Addison only got her first MMR last month and she's five... tbh it completely slipped my mind because I had Saoirse the month she was due hers! They said it was completely fine that she never got it but will need her top up soon (they top up the MMR when they are in Junior Infants).

Yeah he got the mmr 6 weeks ago.. But will it matter that he didn't get the next one as planned..

The mmr swelled up poor thing couldn't crawl with it and he freaked with nappy changes for weeks...

poor pet.
    Don't forget to double bag nappies after vaccines.

babies smell!!!

Siún has her hip scan tomorrow,pretty sure there is no issue though as neither the gp or PHN felt the click.

I think I hate his vaccines more than he does.. It's alot harder now he's older and more aware..

My two clicked all the time when in the womb and still do it was really loud from my belly.. I never really notice it anymore

I'm sure all's going to be fine..
    Lucy has a dimple but it's filling in now thank god it freaked me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Lucy has a dimple but it's filling in now thank god it freaked me out

It that the one that's just above their bum? William has one of those, the PHN and GP commented on it, but I really didn't get the impression that it's anything I should be worried about? :/ They didn't seem concerned anyways!

Yeah it's just above her bum.. They said as it had skin across it they weren't worried.. Then I checked my 14 month old and there's the tiniest hint of what nearly was one..

Been that hers is near gone I'm thinking there really nothing at all but at the start I was freaked

Think they're called sacral dimples... I have one and so does Luke but nobody ever mentioned anything to me... I did google them once and terrified myself.

Hips are perfect :) and she was as good .

January wrote: »
    Think they're called sacral dimples... I have one and so does Luke but nobody ever mentioned anything to me... I did google them once and terrified myself.

Now I want to google.. I was afraid it could have been spina biffida that never went any further

• Advertisement

January wrote: »

Now I want to google.. I was afraid it could have been spina biffida that never went any further

Advertisement