Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I think I hate his vaccines more than he does.. It's alot harder now he's older and more aware..

My two clicked all the time when in the womb and still do it was really loud from my belly.. I never really notice it anymore

I'm sure all's going to be fine..
    Lucy has a dimple but it's filling in now thank god it freaked me out

I hear pops and clicks all the time everyone thinks I'm crazy! Even the doc looked at me like I'm mad.. I've heard it's a sign of clicky hips :( hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I don't think it is my two are totally fine no clicky hips.. But they do click

Your not going mad my hubby heard it too so it wasn't in my head either..

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Yep my other half has heard it too, otherwise I'd think I was mad!

Well after my two I say it's all going to be fine.. It's weird though

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Moonbeam wrote: »
    All of mine only wanted to sleep on us for the 1st few weeks , it is normal .
    Maybe she has reflux ? Have you tried cutting caffeine and dairy from your diet ?
    January wrote: »
    You're doing absolutely nothing wrong :) Every baby is different. Maybe try to warm her moses basket a bit before you put her down into it?

I don't eat gluten or dairy at all and I only have one or two very weak cups of tea a day.
    I was thinking it could be lactose intolerance as I have read that breast milk contains lactose too? Our gp said it is too early to test for it.
    I'm still giving her Dentinox, but not the recommended dose. I give her less but more frequently as she feeds every two hours during the day. She seems calmer the past two days (except for yesterday evening), farts a LOT and burps well, so I guess it is just bad wind? Himself thinks she only cries because she wants to be held and carried all the time and thinks I should let her cry (she's only 4 weeks!) I did last night and it was the worst three minutes (yes, I only lasted three minutes :-) ) of my life. My heart broke listening to her cry. We have heated her cot with a hot water bottle for about 5 days but she still won't sleep in it for more than a few seconds or minutes at most.
    Twice now she slept from 1-5 and then again from 5.15-9. I am so glad I don't have any other children yet. I don't know how you all do it. (and I always said I want at least 4! hahaha)
    Today I fed her lying down in my bed and she fell asleep when she was done and slept for two hours twice! I hate when she doesn't sleep in her cot because I am so afraid something will happen to her and she'll stop breathing and I won't notice. I have her breathing monitor in the cot, but since she doesn't want to sleep in her cot I'm constantly worried.
    I think she's slowly getting better though. Or I'm just getting used to her.

She finally got her BCG Vaccination yesterday and my heart broke when she started crying.

While I was there one of the other women had her baby in her car seat on top of a chair and it fell off the chair and topped over. The baby wasn't strapped in and fell really hard on her forehead.They took the baby in a different room and checked her and her parents came to collect her and brought her to hospital for the baby to be checked. I saw a red bruise on the baby's forehead. I feel so sorry for the poor woman too. She was in bits. She'll never forgive herself! I'm always afraid I might drop her or sth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all hope everyone us doing well. Just wondering do any of ye have routines at this stage? My little man doesn't go down for the night until between 10/11 and is usually up around 5/6. Finding it hard to get him to sleep during the day. He'll be 8 weeks on Friday. Can't believe how fast the weeks are going by!!!

My little girl is 7 weeks today.. Since she was 2 weeks old she's been sleeping 9 until 7-8 and this morning half 8.. I'm gonna let her find her rythm hopefully she'll go down at 7 and up at 7 like her brother.. As for during the day she has off days but mostly sleeps while her brother naps.. And when walking or in the car

All in all great feeder and sleeper

Wow!! And I thought I was doing well with the way he was sleeping!! Hope I'm not doing anything wrong but there's no way he would go that long.

Your doing great my little man was terrible until he hit 6 months I mean minimum of 2 bottles a night.. I had morning sickness at the time

Boys I find tougher could all be in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Your doing great my little man was terrible until he hit 6 months I mean minimum of 2 bottles a night.. I had morning sickness at the time

Boys I find tougher could all be in my head

My girls were terrible sleepers and feeders... Never slept much and never took more than 5 ounces in a bottle. My boy is a dream, sleeps most of the night (went 9.30pm - 5.00am and then 5.30am - 8.00am last night) and drinks 6 ounces per bottle... Now if only I could sort out his screaming during the day so I could get some house work done!

Everyone tells me boys are easier but the girl that lives two doors down has three girls and a boy and said if she has another she'll be hoping for a girl because boys are harder!

• Advertisement

Lucy is definitely a dream baby even with reflux Jack was a nightmare he was 10 months before he drank 6 ounces in one go most the time be lucky to get 4.. Lucy is drinking 5-6 for weeks now.. I think they feed they sleep

I hear you on the house work I'm only getting somewhere with it the last 2 weeks up until that the house fell apart.. Hubby went to his new job before she was a week old so no routine at all

My partner is out of work at the moment but his mam broke her foot last week and is in hospital and his dad needs 24/7 full time care (his mam was doing it but obv can't at the moment) so he's been doing that all week with a bit of help from his dads sister... His dad is going into respite tomorrow for the week so we'll have a bit of down time.

That's got to be awful for all involved and I can bet he hates having to pit him in respite but it's alot when you've a young family and a newborn in that too..
    I find it hard with just two and him working 9-6 hats off to you..

Little monster woke for a feed last night at 3:30!!! Hasn't done that for ages! He was as good as gold over the weekend when I had my oh here to help. Maybe he just doesn't like me!!! Can't seem to figure him out at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No problems with nighttime sleeping but she spends the evening screaming until I pick her up so currently she is in the sling and I can not pick stuff up off the floor,I knew tidying the playroom was a bad idea!!

Finally have my two napping at the same time that mixed with 12 hours a night sleepers makes for happy mammy!!!
    She gets herself to sleep thankfully

She's always been a belly sleeper think that's why it works

Oh how cute :)

Luke has started getting himself off to sleep too. My baby monitor plays classical music so I stick that one when I put him down and he drifts off to it.

Yeah her mobile does the same along with nusurey rhymes

I would never do kids photographs for a living too much hard work

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww 2 babies, they are so cute:)

Siún settles herself at night but during the day I often have to settle her in the sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OMG they are just beyond cute. If I wasn't already about to pop that picture would make me incredibly broody, gorgeous! :)

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG they are just beyond cute. If I wasn't already about to pop that picture would make me incredibly broody, gorgeous! :)

I've a 6 week old and babies still make me broody, met Moonbeams little one yesterday and she's so cute... Wanted to steal her away!

I don't want number 3 well I didn't until she was so easy now I want one...

Someone shoot me

I've a 6 week old and babies still make me broody, met Moonbeams little one yesterday and she's so cute... Wanted to steal her away!

I could have easily fitted Luke in my car;) I love babies and get so broody despite having an 8 week old but luckily pregnancy will put me off completely!

Post pictures!!! Lots of em

6 week check today, Luke is now 11lbs :eek: I've never had a baby that put on weight so quickly... I don't think Ellen was 11lbs until she was nearly 5 months old...

Came away with a prescription for infant Gaviscon for himself to see if it helped with refluxy symptoms and a prescription for depo provera for myself while I think of a long term solution (GP mentioned the contraceptive bar but did say that it's less effective in overweight women and I'd need to lose 2 stone to be in the normal weight range for it to work effectively).

I reckon my not so little lady is up in weight in comparison to her brother at this point.. I'm waiting to get all checked this week as she's got jabs and it's not so easy to bring both to doctors without help..

Today my period returned she's 8 weeks old yesterday.. The fun begins!! I'm sweating buckets even my wrists are sweaty..

6 week check today, Luke is now 11lbs :eek: I've never had a baby that put on weight so quickly... I don't think Ellen was 11lbs until she was nearly 5 months old...

Came away with a prescription for infant Gaviscon for himself to see if it helped with refluxy symptoms and a prescription for depo provera for myself while I think of a long term solution (GP mentioned the contraceptive bar but did say that it's less effective in overweight women and I'd need to lose 2 stone to be in the normal weight range for it to work effectively).

haha 2 of mine were 11lb at 6 week,2 were about 9lb...
    Your boy will be huge and your girls small:)
    I knew he looked way bigger then her lol she is tall though,so we are more or less out of 0-3 month clothes despite being underweight:)

Hungry baby formula with lactease and infacol is what she is currently taking. We might just move to lactose free milk for a few weeks though. PHN said to keep it this way for a few weeks 1st.

Hi all hope ye are enjoying this weather!! Quick question for ye. Little man won't sleep during the day in his pram or anywhere really unless in the car. Today for example has had 3 cat naps of about 10 mins each since 11 this morning. Just wondering if there's anything I can do to help him stay asleep. I think he's getting too big for pram (he's 13 lbs and very long & active) so that might have something to do with it. Even today I thought the heat would knock him out but no such luck!! Injections yesterday so I know that will have knocked him off a bit but it was the same even before that. All help/advice much appreciated as I feel as if I'm doing something wrong....

I had that problem when Lucy was in her first couple of weeks. The life changer for me was getting a position she like to sleep in. She's a belly sleeper it's her thing same as my son. She was waking after 10 mins and slept 3 hours at a time at night then stayed awake hours after 2am feed.. Now it's down at 8pm and I have to wake her at 9am.. Even some of her naps I have to wake her and she could go 3 hours..

• Advertisement

Wow that's great!! It's strange because he sleeps well at night it just seems to be during the day is the problem. So frustrating. He's 9 weeks now. We're in the car most days and I'm afraid now that he is too used to sleeping in the car and that's why he won't settle. If we are out walking he will stay asleep aswell.

Advertisement