Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

olaola wrote: »
    It gets sent out to you in the post about a week after.

Oh no. We need to apply for her passport asap. Flights are booked for 11th June! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

dottybows wrote: »
    Oh no. We need to apply for her passport asap. Flights are booked for 11th June! :O

Maybe ring to see if it has been processed? Details attached from our notification!

olaola wrote: »
    Maybe ring to see if it has been processed? Details attached from our notification!

Thank you soo much! Got it sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

dottybows wrote: »
    Thank you soo much! Got it sorted :D

Good stuff! Enjoy the holiday :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Brother and sister

They are so cute:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Brother and sister

Cutie pies!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all just wondering what kind of sleep pattern your little ones have during the day?? My lad likes to stay awake for a while after feeds but then gets over tired and hard to settle. I'm not sure how much sleep he should be getting during the day. He's 5 weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Should be sleeping about 16/17 hours per day at this stage.

Luke at 1 week old on the left and two weeks old on the right. Have to take a three week pic in the same outfit tomorrow... he's slowly growing out of it!

10368226_10152117268859007_3217689547117222819_n.jpg

And also, in the same outfit his dad wore home nearly 36 years ago :D

10389650_10152121509829007_2453802515873016322_n.jpg

Cuteness! Like father like son... Luke is the image of his dad as a baby January.

• Advertisement

Oh no, that is Luke! Just in the exact outfit his dad wore years ago!

January wrote: »
    Oh no, that is Luke! Just in the exact outfit his dad wore years ago!

Lol... Ah ok read it properly now! Thought they were like twins!! Lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I never thought of putting my coming home outfit on my kids , I must do it when they are big enough :)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I never thought of putting my coming home outfit on my kids , I must do it when they are big enough :)

I can't believe daves mam actually kept it up all these years.

I can't believe daves mam actually kept it up all these years.

I have mine too :) must dig it out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

No sleep and have to have dinner with MIL and SIL who I'm fit to kill.. Can see this day ending well.. MIL threw a strop because I was winding Lucy and wouldn't hand her over when she was 2 days old and left after 5 mins (only time she seen her) and SIL never came that day still hasn't met her and she's 5 weeks old. Already in my bad books for not coming to Jack's christening last year..

Breath 1,2,3.................

Well how's all babies doing.. We thankfully have all night sleepers both lucy and Jack.. Slowly getting the evening back to ourselves
    Jack sleeps 7-7:30 Lucy is 9-6

We now have a fairly good routine during the day.. I think anyway.. Least I now get to eat

That's great synester what ages is your baby now? Our little man will b 6 weeks on Friday and is just starting to sleep through. He gets his last bottle around 10/11 though. First time parents here so we are clueless!!! What age do they normally start to get into routine?

She's 5 weeks and started at nearly 3 weeks.. But she feeds well.. My little guy was not a good feeder so didn't do so well on the sleeping until 6 months or so..

Wow that's great 😊 hopefully we are nearly there on the sleep front!! Little man is lactose intolerant too so since changing his formula we have a different child!! So happy for him. The poor mite was in pain after every feed....

• Advertisement

Yeah my two were the same they think they will need dietitian.. Plus my 5 week old has reflux.. But 10 days no puking

That's great! Do they just grow out of reflux??
    I think ours are the same age. April the 18th?? Did you consciously get into a routine or did ye just fall into one?? As I said were first timers so just winging it really!! Sorry for all the questions....

Yeah she'll grow out of it.. Just don't know when.. She was born the 20th.. I find that you can help a little but they'll only do it if they want to there stubborn

April the 18th here too.
    She had her 6 week check up today and is under weight but I am not too worried as she loves food and one of her sisters is tiny.
    SHe sleeps anywhere between 6 and 8 hours at night and the 16month old sleeps 7pm-8am so sleep wise it is not too bad unless there is a 5am feed that I can not go back to sleep after!!

I always let them set their own routines and they stick to them until the next growth spurt or teething!!

What are the signs of growth spurt? We're on bottles here. Was awake most if last night grunting n groaning and generally not happy. Hoping it's a growth spurt and we're not reverting back to pre lactose free formula!!

deh983 wrote: »
    What are the signs of growth spurt? We're on bottles here. Was awake most if last night grunting n groaning and generally not happy. Hoping it's a growth spurt and we're not reverting back to pre lactose free formula!!

It could be anything , but I would not worry unless it continues .

I am wondering are we going to have to switch to special formula .she is definitely not allergic to it but there might be an intolerance .

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Soooooo jealous of all the babies that sleep so well!! Louis is 7 weeks old and still feeds 2-3 times a night... He's breast fed though, I know that a lot of breastfed babies don't sleep through for a while...

Luke is swamping 6 ounces in his bottle and then only going 2 and a half hours between feeds... might have to ask PHN about switching to hungry baby formula and infacol, he's on comfort at the moment and doing well apart from the appetite!!

He's very snuffly though, poor baba!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Luke is swamping 6 ounces in his bottle and then only going 2 and a half hours between feeds... might have to ask PHN about switching to hungry baby formula and infacol, he's on comfort at the moment and doing well apart from the appetite!!

He's very snuffly though, poor baba!
    My PHN recommended calpol saline nasal drops for my daughter when she was snuffly so it's worth a try.

• Advertisement

Well how's all babies doing.. We thankfully have all night sleepers both lucy and Jack.. Slowly getting the evening back to ourselves
    Jack sleeps 7-7:30 Lucy is 9-6

We now have a fairly good routine during the day.. I think anyway.. Least I now get to eat

Oh my god I am soo jealous! Zora is 4 weeks old now but not sleeping properly at all. She cries all the time! She's breastfed, so during the day she feeds about every two hours, but she cries after every feed and sometimes cries and fusses and only sleeps a few minutes and then she wakes ready for the next feed again. We gave her Infacol for two weeks but only noticed a very small difference. It helped her burp, but she was still crying a lot. She mainly does it in the evenings and during the night. Last week I went to the pharmacy to get more Infacol, but decided to try something different. I got her Dentinox Colic Drops (Its a gel really and comes with a spoon which is so not handy for a baby!). She absolutely hates it, but I have to say it makes her burp quickly and she farts a lot now. The last two nights she even slept for 3-4hours at a time...which brings me to my next problem...She will only sleep on my chest. She won't sleep in her cot, in our bed or even her car seat (except for when we're in the car). I can sleep, but it's not proper sleep and himself has been on the couch for two weeks already. I am sooo tired! I can't wait for the weekends so he can take her after she's fed. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement