Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

It's the motion he likes so.. Could try white noise see if it helps.. My guy loved the noise of the Washing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi Deh983,

My boy is 10 weeks old and we have zero routine, same as you just tiny cat naps when at home, but will sleep great in the car/buggy. Still up 2/3 times a night for a feed (breastfed). Breastfed babies can take longer to settle into a routine.

I am just going with flow at the moment, taking each day as they come, I am sure he will find his own routine eventually! He's thriving, great weight gain and full of smiles, that's the most important!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

I'm not too worried about a strict routine I'm happy to just go with the flow but he gets over tired then and gets himself so upset so he really needs to sleep longer. This heat isn't helping him either!! Oh definately full of smiles and that makes it all worthwhile 😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

deh983 wrote: »
    I'm not too worried about a strict routine I'm happy to just go with the flow but he gets over tired then and gets himself so upset so he really needs to sleep longer. This heat isn't helping him either!! Oh definitely full of smiles and that makes it all worthwhile 😊😊😊

My little lady is exactly the same. She's breastfed and sleeps at night from 11-3, then has a 5 minute feed and sleeps again until about 7 and then she feeds every one to two hours during the day.
    She can sleep for hours in the car or in the buggy (car seat) but will not sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time during the day. It's almost like she is fighting going to sleep. She is absolutely wrecked but will not stay asleep. She is very active even while she's asleep, touching and pulling her hair (she has lots of it) and holding on to her ears. She cries a lot but not as bad as before.
    She still doesn't sleep in her cot. She sleeps beside me in the bed and I feed her lying down during the night. She just falls asleep without fussing then. That's probably why she can't sleep by herself during the day, right?

We have stopped giving her the Dentinox Colic Drops last week while we were visiting my family in Germany because she doesn't seem to need it anymore.

I love seeing all the baby pictures here and wish I could post one of my girl, but I just can't figure out how. It doesn't give me any options here. Help!? :D

Well, I found out I need to have posted 50 times to be able to attach something. This must be new as I posted a picture before... Anyway, here is my daughter Zora first a few hours old, then a week old, 5 weeks old and 6 weeks old. :D

Zora1.jpg

Zora2.jpg

Zora3.jpg

Zora4.jpg

• Advertisement

I love the last picture the sobby face gets me every time...

dottybows wrote: »
    My little lady is exactly the same. She's breastfed and sleeps at night from 11-3, then has a 5 minute feed and sleeps again until about 7 and then she feeds every one to two hours during the day.
    She can sleep for hours in the car or in the buggy (car seat) but will not sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time during the day. It's almost like she is fighting going to sleep. She is absolutely wrecked but will not stay asleep. She is very active even while she's asleep, touching and pulling her hair (she has lots of it) and holding on to her ears. She cries a lot but not as bad as before.
    She still doesn't sleep in her cot. She sleeps beside me in the bed and I feed her lying down during the night. She just falls asleep without fussing then. That's probably why she can't sleep by herself during the day, right?

We have stopped giving her the Dentinox Colic Drops last week while we were visiting my family in Germany because she doesn't seem to need it anymore.

I love seeing all the baby pictures here and wish I could post one of my girl, but I just can't figure out how. It doesn't give me any options here. Help!? :D

He suddenly got himself into a routine over the last few days. Last bottle at 6 down around 9 not up until 6. Went a bit wrong last night as we were out visiting but still down at 9:30 and up at 4:30. So we are getting there. Still not interested in naps during the day unless in car or buggy. Does anyone know the recommended time to be in car seat?? When he falls asleep I'm always wondering how long is ok for him to be in it. He seems most comfortable in it though.

Dottybrows she is gorgeous!! And all that hair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

dottybows wrote: »
    Well, I found out I need to have posted 50 times to be able to attach something. This must be new as I posted a picture before... Anyway, here is my daughter Zora first a few hours old, then a week old, 5 weeks old and 6 weeks old. :D

Zora1.jpg

Zora2.jpg

Zora3.jpg

Zora4.jpg

Oh she's such a doll!! So much hair!

My belly sleeper.. And jack 14 months Lucy 8 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh look at how cute :D
    This is Luke now, he'll be 8 weeks on Thursday! Time flies.

10390080_10152190378304007_669007159929470963_n.jpg

• Advertisement

oh they're all so cute!
    I havent even got Zora into a routine yet but am already thinking about another one. He won't go near me until Im on the pill though :D

She's a really happy baby when she wakes up in the mornings and I finally caught her on camera

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Zora is so cute I love the 4th pic and all her hair:)
    Lucy and Jack are so adorable together .
    Luke is just a dote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

All those photos are just cuteness overload, they are all little dotes, what gorgeous offspring the Boardsies produce! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Gorgeous babas! My fella is 9 weeks now and I think he's outgrown his Moses basket as well as all his 0-3 clothes! Cot won't fit in our room without blocking all our wardrobe but not ready to move him into his own room. I'm breastfeeding and nowhere near a routine or sleeping through the night! Not sure what to do!? Anyone in the same predicament?

My little ones 9 weeks and in the cot since 6 weeks she loves it. We are waken her by been in the one room so the weekend spare rooms been cleaned out and painted.. In our house there's 2 rooms upstairs 1 down so I'm not happy bout moving down..
    As for night time when breastfeeding I've no advice.. I think I got lucky with Lucy she sleeps 14 hours at night I have to wake her every morning.. Both kids are down by 8 every evening.. Jack was awful sleeper until 6-7 months so it depends on the baby he was and still is crazy active

14 hours amazing!! I think he'd be ok in his cot in his own room, it's more for selfish reasons I want him in the same room! He is still waking ever 2-3 hours for a feed so figure I will get more sleep if I'm not running into another room. Was thinking maybe a travel cot in the interim (hoping for some long stretches of sleep soon!) but from researching most say not for everyday use. Would just be handy to fold it away during the day and he could have his daytime naps in his own room.

My 14 month old sleeps in travel cot once he could stand he would fall hurt himself and take ages to settle.. He loves his travel cot..

I know with him it was so hard to get a routine I just let him work it out. With Lucy I can't do that cause its just me watching them all day.. Need routine so cleaning and bottles get done and both of them feed and so on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My little baby sleeps in her travel cot in our room,I bought a nice mattress for it and it is her bed for the foreseeable future as the 17 month old will be in the cot for the next while.

The girls are getting bunk beds soon and then Luke will have Ellen's cot :)

Think I'll go with the travel cot, but maybe get a new mattress as theone with it seems a bit thin! Now to work on the routine ;-)

• Advertisement

My little woman's new seat... She like her brother hates the carry seat finds it unbearable so bought her a seat that does from birth to 4 years.. She loves it

Luke hates his car seat too. Might look into getting him something like that.

Its a total game changer and for 99 euro worth every cent... Way more comfee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

deh983 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the recommended time to be in car seat?? When he falls asleep I'm always wondering how long is ok for him to be in it.

2 hours in a Maxi Cosi is the recommendation. We would stretch it to 3 if we're on a good streak!

Here's a pic of the wee man from yesterday!

olaola wrote: »
    2 hours in a Maxi Cosi is the recommendation. We would stretch it to 3 if we're on a good streak!

Here's a pic of the wee man from yesterday!

Ah he's gorgeous! Lovely dog too! :-) They'll probably be best friends soon!

I was at my GP yesterday to talk about contraception options. Before I got pregnant I was on the mini pill (cerazette). She said there is more experience on breastfeeding women on Noriday(also a mini pill) than on cerazette and that it is ok to take while breastfeeding.

So I went with it, but when I got home and read the information leaflet that comes with it it said 'Do not take when breastfeeding'.

I rang my GP and told her what it says but she insisted its fine. She read her patient information file and even read it to me and it says May be taken while breastfeeding.

I don't know what to do now. Do any of you take the mini pill and breastfeed? :confused:

Hi all how's everything?
    Time is flying by. Can't believe little man is 12 weeks tomorrow. How's all your little bundles??

Flying along.. Lucy sat unaided for 20 seconds yesterday. Not done it since
    She's having four 8 ounce bottles a day and pans out for the night then..
    Her brother is starting to interact with her more and holds her hand (not bad for 15 month old)

That's great. Our man is trying to pull himself up at the minute. Loves sitting up looking all around. We're on 4 7oz bottles. Had a bad night last night was crying every 2-3hours. Seems to do a lot of grunting and passed an awful lot if wind last night. Do t know what's up with him :(

Lucy did something similar when she was catching a chest infection from her brother. She slept just kept fussing because her nose was blocked. She's still a bit stuffed so is he. So much so I don't want to wash there hair in case it gets worse. Sometimes they get unsettled if there getting head cold or something else. I'm looking into getting a chair like the bumbo or similar for her to sit up in

• Advertisement

I have a bumbo that a friend gave me, will try him in it when the time comes. We have reached the 12 week mark today. Can't believe it. He has gotten so heavy I can't believe it. Just seemed to happen overnight!!!! Fun times ahead :)

Advertisement