Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options
  • 06-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

OMG well I never expected to be posting here as I have an April 2013 baby boy!!

so yeah lets kick off the April babies

(nice time of year to give birth :) )

Claire de Lune - 3rd April - Holles st
    Olaola - 8th April - Coombe
    lilmissprincess - 11th April - CUMH
    synyster shadow - 17th April - Mullingar
    KKkitty - 17th April - St. Lukes, Kilkenny
    Moonbeam- 23rd April - Holles St
    January - 24th April - Coombe
    ynwa14 - 27th April - uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

SS congrats!!!

Good luck to all the April 2014 mums to be!!

It's a lovely time of year to have a baby. You have all summer and autumn off for maternity leave. It's a lot easier getting through the night feeds etc at this time of year. My son was a January baby and the long nights/short days were tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yep the one bit about been due in April again is the brighter eve/nights and the bright mornings it does make a difference

here comes the Irish twins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yep the one bit about been due in April again is the brighter eve/nights and the bright mornings it does make a difference

here comes the Irish twins

I'm not due on this thread (due in march)... But just wana say congrats SS! I read your last thread and was wondering about you. Im absolutely delighted u got your positive test! Hope all goes well. :-)

It really was a shock specially when doctor said I was prob pregnant but lost straight away and expect a bleed (but said test after weekend to be sure) well in to him I'll go tomorrow or thursday

should have known so much of the symptoms I had first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Congrats SS :-)

Are you due around the same date?

• Advertisement

DS due date was 10th of April (arrived just after midnight so missed the due date)
    #2 is due 2nd of April sooooo very close

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm tentatively posting here, have my appointment with the gp tomorrow to make doubly triply sure but got two bfps this week so think I may be joining the April crew. Totally not planned and I'm still adjusting to the shock but I guess it's happening now!

Yey I'm not alone here. You know they say you don't really get a false positive. So I'm gonna say congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm not part if this thread - but just had to say huge congrats SS!! There's 15 months between my 2 so a bigger gap but its really fab - they'll be the best of friends growing up - and you won't even have to tidy away the steriliser ;)

Congrats to everyone else expecting too!! Mine were feb & may babies - lovely time of year :)

Thanks DL.. was in the doctors and I'm sure there tests are rubbish it wont show up there so I bought more tests and done another and its BFP I'll do another tomorrow morning too.. The nurse said she had the same trouble with another woman last week she got positives but there tests didn't pick it up..

I'm gonna make her do bloods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thanks DL.. was in the doctors and I'm sure there tests are rubbish it wont show up there so I bought more tests and done another and its BFP I'll do another tomorrow morning too.. The nurse said she had the same trouble with another woman last week she got positives but there tests didn't pick it up..

I'm gonna make her do bloods

That happened to me - I was 6 weeks before the doctors detected it! Got bloods done for peace of mind! All was well so don't worry too much about it- weirdly home pregnancy tests are more sensitive!

Yeah it's just by 5 weeks wit DS it picked up but then again the doctor studied it for 5 mins before answering me.

I'm goin with what I'm gettin on the tests

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Like you SS I never thought I'd be posting on the pregnant thread so soon again. My little man is 6 months today (Feb 2013 baby). I've just done a pregnancy test and got a BFP. I'm in absolute shock. We always hoped we'd have another one but didn't think it would happen so soon. Waiting for my OH to come home so I can tell me about our suprise!

Yea we were the same but always said its not the worst thing in the world to happen and we'd be happy, and shocked.
    Still waiting on GP to confirm as his nurse is totally unable do her job.

Lilmissprincess-I noticed your post in the moan tread, your not having it easy with your doctor?

My cycle was off kilter for a few months prior so where she would normally take it from last period, that would apparently make me 14 weeks, which I'm not, but she's doing a million tests to see what is actually going on. Feeling more reassured than anything by the thoroughness.

Still majorly adjusting to this with himself. Lots of getting upset. Gah, just bad timing (really bad).

sorry about the timing.. Adds stress but it will get easier (I know everyones situation is different)
    All the women here are helpful so ask anything at all

I may be on my way out.. I'm doing a digital test today and whatever it says that's what I'll go with :-(

Did my digital and normal test there at lunch time and the normal was good and dark the two lines nearly the same darkness and the digital is reading pregnant 2-3 weeks :)

I'm not out yet :)

Was going all good until about 1am and the fear has now kicked in. These things never happen in the daytime do they?

Nope first time round I was awake a lot at night. As I got further DS decided his awake time was 3am and well it was his thing when he was born too.

The worry will always be there for different reasons but it's just gettin you ready for how much you'll worry when they get here

• Advertisement

Yey!! Finally got the nurse to confirm today I'll have a scan in 5 weeks. Took persuading with her she said it's still negative. So I said it takes longer than 10 seconds she wasn't happy but 5 seconds after I said it she goes oh it's positive. Safe to say I wasn't shocked to hear it was positive!! Grrr!

But I'm been sent to the EPU which I'm happy with they are lovely in that section in mullingar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yer wan is an absolute idiot that she doesn't know it takes a couple of minutes to read a test! I got a negative test in the doctors on the same day I got a positive test at home, but he insisted on waiting the full five minutes to be sure, and he said it often does take that long for something to show up, especially early on.

Oh and congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

That's great SS. I'm awake at night with nausea, I've decided not to go to the dr for another week or two. All she'll do is take bloods and refer me to my consultant.

These cramps are intense, this isn't a part I was ever told about!

yep baba's know how to put us through it..
    I'm happy I'm a week closer to 12 week mark, need my energy back

how many weeks are you? I'm near 7 weeks now

6 weeks this week I think, though doctor wasn't very sure! I was told the other evening to give her a call during the week to organise another appointment; what way do these things go? I've already had bloods done and we've confirmed the pregnancy so whats next?

I know last time and this time it was basically nothing until 12 weeks you go back for checkup and now I'm been told I'll be scanned at 12 weeks. My original scan first time was 20 weeks but doctor sent me to EPU and that's where I'll be scanned at 12 weeks this time round. Not sure what your doctor will do besides you bloods and the test and your folic acid there ain't a lot more he can do

Being sent for an early scan at the end of this week I think, to make doubly sure of dates, doctor going to call me later to confirm if I can do it this week or next.

Seems a bit early to be seeing anything, since I've worked it out to be six weeks from what she was saying, am I likely to see/hear anything?

From 6-7 weeks things can change so much (I'd rather be 8 weeks +) but by now going by your dates the heart beat may be seen it really depends on the dates it might be another week yet for HB to be seen just don't stress yourself over little things about the scan just relax (hard done) If he wants you to go for the dates maybe you should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tanya76

Contrats to you all!
    I am 5 weeks now. Just wondering what should I do next - see my gp or contact the hospital directly to book an appointment? Also, not sure which hospital to choose, considering Halls St. Would you have any recommendations? ... feel a bit lost right now!

Advertisement