Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awwwww! He's a dote xx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww:))) so cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Have we all got our little bundles??

We're at home and settled now :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Morning ladies. Sorry I haven't been around have been too busy staring like a lunatic at L. can't believe how obsessed I have become with poo
    Congrats to everyone and hope we are all doing well.

Have 4 more days of visitors before we can settle down and find some sort of a routine but living it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Think all babies are here now... Anyone dealing with reflux
    Having a hard time with L at the main. Feel so bad for her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Congrats to everyone with their healthy & safe arrivals!

I'm sitting here with my leaky boobs, while the little man has a snooze :)
    If you said to me this time last year I'd have a wee fella in the house, I would have called you crazy. Wouldn't change it for the world. Getting the hang of things more and more each day (not without the blips, mind you!) And torn between wanting him to get older & more interactive and him not changing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Little man arrived here on 18th April. All well so far. Think we may b dealing with colic though if anyone had any experiences advice I'd b most grateful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

deh983 wrote: »
    Little man arrived here on 18th April. All well so far. Think we may b dealing with colic though if anyone had any experiences advice I'd b most grateful!!!

Try infacol or cool, boiled water and see if they work.

Have Infacol colief drops and dr browns bottles. Gets up lots of wind but still seems to hang on to a bit.
    Am beginning to wonder if the little mite is still hungry after his bottles.
    Will b seeing the phn on Wednesday so will try and get sorted then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

deh983 wrote: »

Same day as us:)
    I think we have reflux though, she will scream if you put her down flat most of the time but no bother at an angle.
    The anti colic + bottles make a difference too.

• Advertisement

Little man is in awful pain today anyway. Has anyone used the aptamil comfort food?? Seriously thinking of changing it today. Just can't handle the crying and pain he is in.

Very hard to handle the crying when there in pain. Also hard to watch them loose weight every time doctors have another idea.

Hope it all settles soon

How are all the mammies?

Not having any probs atm but he is only 5 days old. He is just feeding and sleeping at the moment.

I'm doing great but is it normal to bleed longer after each pregnancy?

I'm doing great but is it normal to bleed longer after each pregnancy?

How old is Lucy again? I bleed on and off for 6 weeks after each of mine, it really depends on your body. You bleed more if you're doing more too, so running around after your older child probably isn't helping it, but there's not much you can do there!

She's just over 2 weeks I bled for one week after Jack. Now every time I think I've stopped I start again. But yea when I carry jack I bleed a fair bit

It depends..think I am just over it.

Hi all. Really need some advice. The colic/uncontrollable crying seems to b getting worse and I am at my wits end. We changed him to aptamil comfort on Monday and just wondering if it takes time for this to have any impact? We are going to the phn in the afternoon but I'm not expecting any miracle cure from her. I know people say it passes in time but I can't bear to see my little man like this and not be able to help him.

Yes , it takes a few days to work .
    Do you have a sling ? My 2nd was like that on bottles but was allergic to milk .

• Advertisement

Ladies, the PHN never contacted me.

i have been trying to ring the Wellmount Clinic for the last few days but htere is no answer.

is it important to be seen by the PHN? He had his heel prick test was done Holles Street last saturday

John Mason wrote: »

i have been trying to ring the Wellmount Clinic for the last few days but htere is no answer.

is it important to be seen by the PHN? He had his heel prick test was done Holles Street last saturday

If you're breast feeding they'll come weigh him a few times. I'd keep trying, when I lived over near you my phn was great but I think a different one covers your area. Could you get your hubby to pop across to them in the morning?

Normally you can ring and make an appointment . the heel prick test is the only home visit that we have ever had on all 4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Moonbeam wrote: »
    aww congrats:)
    Are you Zelda fans?:) (I am joking btw ,I have heard a few eastern europeans with it:)

Are all our babies here?

:-)
    Zora was my grandmothers name. She was from Croatia. It means dawn.

Husband is gone from 7am.

Managed to get through to a VM and leftva message. Hs said they should have been in touch with 48 hours

Managed to get through to a VM and leftva message. Hs said they should have been in touch with 48 hours

The public health nurse this time around actually contacted me even before she received my discharge papers from the Rotunda... I think she must have saw me with new baby (she is up in a house beside me a lot doing community care with an older man) and decided to contact me.

Hopefully you hear something from them, it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence though does it?

I would not worry too much , mine rang on the morning of day 5 but in was expecting her for the heel prick test anyway .
    My husband is still on leave , the kids have never seen so much of him. It will be a shock when things go back to normal for them .

Well those 3 weeks were torture! Poor little one has reflux and in and out of hospital from loosing weight. They then put her on medication which cut down the vomiting but she had 80% blood in her nappies so they put her on different food. This made her vomit more again and still blood so I put her on different food and no blood with minor spit up and not using meds at all! So mammy wins. I do put drops in her bottle so I'm sure it's helping

Apart from that it was my birthday Tuesday which was hubby's first day in a new job and my little guy started walking. He's 13 months today and Lucy is 3 weeks.

Do girls wee more than boys?

Oh God you poor things! I can only imagine how hard that was!

Hopefully you've no more troubles with her now.

Well done Jack on the walking!

Happy belated birthday too :)

Luke is doing great.

• Advertisement

Oh no you poor thing :( glad to hear that she is OK now .
    Siún finally seems to be putting on weight and is no longer jaundice .

Advertisement