Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2014

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Just getting a chance to log on now. Phn came on Friday, said she never got my papers from HS.

She was lovely, Leo grown 3cm in ten days, gone from 3.4kg to 3.6kg and has the neck strength of a 4 month old. She was really happy with him and said keep doing what we are doing as he is thriving. Which is such a boost to hear

Would prefer if he wasn't crawling off the changing mat and rolling imself from his stomach to his back just yet but really happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Our First was due 30th April so posting this here!

Lewis was born 8th May, 9lb 3oz. Perfectly healthy and feeding well. First time parents :).

DSC04583_processed_1.jpg
    DSC04599_processed.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

John Mason wrote: »
    Just getting a chance to log on now. Phn came on Friday, said she never got my papers from HS.

She was lovely, Leo grown 3cm in ten days, gone from 3.4kg to 3.6kg and has the neck strength of a 4 month old. She was really happy with him and said keep doing what we are doing as he is thriving. Which is such a boost to hear

Would prefer if he wasn't crawling off the changing mat and rolling imself from his stomach to his back just yet but really happy

aww:)
    We have the rolling issue too and she uses her feet to move up and down aswell but the last one did the same and by 6 weeks he was way too heavy and long to do it anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just back from getting Emmet's birth cert... the office is grim!!
    If you drive, put more than an hour on the parking meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'll be going at the start of next week, have to give it the ten working days! I hate the office in town, parking is such a chore.

HungryJoey, Lewis is a dote!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am going to go to Naas tomorrow and register the birth or that is the intention anyway,I hate the office in town and need to apply for a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I love baby pics..... I'd look all day.

I registered Lucy 2 weeks ago isn't too bad here thankfully

January would you not get the train to Pearse Street saves on the hassle of parking?

I'd have to drive to the train station anyway :(

We might just get the bus in. We're sinners so we have to go together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

E won't stop roaring crying. He's fed on and off, mostly on, since 7am. he slept for an hour in the sling and now roars at the sight of it. Nappy changed, he's being burped, I don't know what I can do but I need it to stop now because I'm starting to lose my mind :(

• Advertisement

Try lie him flat on his back and rub or pat his tummy softly? It sometimes works for me

Also on your shoulder patting his back or bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

E won't stop roaring crying. He's fed on and off, mostly on, since 7am. he slept for an hour in the sling and now roars at the sight of it. Nappy changed, he's being burped, I don't know what I can do but I need it to stop now because I'm starting to lose my mind :(

Could it be colic? A lot of parents I know find Infacol fantastic. Having said that, I know feck all about colic except that it makes babies cry a lot, so I could be totally off the mark! :o

I always find a walk in the buggy settles my guy down, he might keep crying for another couple of minutes after we leave but then calms down.

Never tried this one, but there are Youtube videos of white noise, apparently small babies find them very calming. Maybe put him down and put on one of those and take yourself into another room for a few minutes to take a few good deep breaths!

I had a day just like that a few days ago, it's feckin exhausting, you'll get through it though.

If he's like that all the time, definitely go to your GP, no point in putting up with it if there's something you can do about it! E.g. could be colic or silent reflux.

Hope you both feel better soon!

I find the sling great for calming him down!

When small girl does that I carry her or sling her around. Is she hungry?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Baby Merkin hasn't arrived yet (due in July!) but I'm told that the sound of a human heartbeat (like the baby heard for all those months in utero) is very calming and comforting to an upset baby. Might be worth trying! I bought a little Doppler and with the little kit came a CD for me to record my own heartbeat so that I can play it to baby Merkin when he is a little unsettled or upset. I hope the little one settles for you xx

http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/inUteroSoundGenerator.php

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Hi everyone,

haven't been online for what feels like a century. Baby Zora is a handful. She cries soo much.Mostly at night, all night. We went to the doctor for her two week check up, but she wasn't any help. Got some Infacol and I can already see a difference (after almost a week). She burps a lot more and it looks like its easier for her to fart and poop, so I'm thinking it is just wind. She also wouldn't sleep in her cot and would wake up either as soon as we put her down or a few minutes after. I put a hot water bottle in her cot to heat it up before I put her in and this seems to work nicely most of the time. She loves heat.

We were trying to register her but the office never got the paperwork from the hospital! Spent all day yesterday ringing the hospital trying to track down someone who deals with all that because the usual woman is on leave. Have to get her passport sorted because we're going to Germany on 11th June. Hope it all works out.

Need to post a pic Zora too. If only I could figure out how haha

How's everyone else getting on?

We're getting on great :) Luke was having problems with wind and feeding too so changed him onto comfort formula and can see a big change one day later.

we are having a clingy day here. he doesnt want tp be down, which is draining. about just off the phone with Joyce House myself checking they got everything, heading tomorrow to register him :-)

we have had wind issues here too, going to an oseteopath tomorrow to check him out.

on a positive note, he was weighed today, last week he was 8lb 2, this week he is 9lb 2 - yeah for mammy's boobs:pac:

small girl is a but grumpy at the moment,she wants to be up in arms or up in the sling and definitely no where near a car seat!!
    I got the passport application for her and the 16 month old off today \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Must b something to do with April babies!! Thought he had colic at the start but apparently he doesn't. Brought him to osteopath hard to know if it's worked. He was great for few days and then seemed to go back to his old ways. The osteopath reckons it's something to do with his digestive system and has recommended probiotics. Has anyone any experience with these? We have switched to comfort food and using Infacol. We will try anything at this stage. To see the little mite in pain is just heartbreaking.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

It's definitely April babies poor Lucy spent all of Sunday vomiting after 2 Weeks of getting her sorted then backtrack..
    Then Sunday night no sleep (my night up) she was fine Monday night (his night up) and last night from half 7 till 3am constant screaming.. So tired now.. Tonight though she's already asleep and not my night up again. She's great at that! But no puking since Sunday Yey!

aww:(
    Siún is a fan of projectile vomiting..the stink of milk in my house is just lovely!

Also Lucy is an exploder.. 7 out of 10 nappies need her clothes to be changed

Jack was never that way

Where's all the baby pics

Brother and sister

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

They are adorable Synyster!! Glad everyone is well!

Louis is 6 weeks old and not a bother on him! We are lucky that he has no reflux or colic, hopefully it won't start now! We are breastfeeding, it's going really well, he's put on a lot of weight :-) He's not a great sleeper though, he wakes 3 to 4 times a night, can't have it all!!

Lucy had 3 nights of keeping us up she's got wind and pain even though she gets it up... No puke since Sunday.
    Last night she was screaming again in pain so I had her on her belly on my knees and she settled at 10pm didn't wake until 6 this morning she was wore out. I know she shouldn't be on her belly but it helped her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hi all. Hope you're all doing well. My little girl had her first lot of vaccinations yesterday. She cried a small bit but not much. The doctor also checked her weight and other things and she's doing better than I thought. My gp is treating her as a 5 week old baby and she's just over the 9 pound mark which he's happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

Does anyone know where I can find out my daughters PPS number? We registered her yesterday and want to apply for a passport for her, but on the form it asks for the PPS number. Who do I have to ring?

• Advertisement

dottybows wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find out my daughters PPS number? We registered her yesterday and want to apply for a passport for her, but on the form it asks for the PPS number. Who do I have to ring?

It gets sent out to you in the post about a week after.

Advertisement