Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tom Cavanagh & Carlos Valdes leaving the show at the end of Season 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Ahhh, he's one of the highlights of the show (the former)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Think I'm coming to the end of this tbh. With the news above pretty much seals the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Yeah it's been expected for a while that
    Valdez would be leaving the show. His character basically does nothing anymore. I think I heard rumours that he planned to leave a year ago but things changed.
    I can see next season be the last.

Well 7 seasons is pretty good for any show these days - cancellation wouldn't be unexpected
    Audience starts to get bored, actors want to move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really wish the last line in the show was TELL ME SHE DID NOT JUST DO DAT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

fritzelly wrote: »
    Well 7 seasons is pretty good for any show these days - cancellation wouldn't be unexpected

I think they've ran out of decent villains, cgi budget doesn't seem to be there anymore. I've completely lost interest

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For this week's episode
    So they decided not to spend any more budget on the Strong Force? Or is it not that easy to get rid of it?

Dunno why Caitlin got so upset. She'll be seeing Frost in prison anyway after admitting to tampering with the meta cure in Police HQ.
    Though I assume Frost is going to Iron Heights.

fritzelly wrote: »

Think if I remember correctly, that the main cast were contracted for 7 seasons.

Old tweets belonging to Candice Patton have surfaced online, and oh boy... It's bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

what's the betting she escapes getting fired playing the race card ?

Blazer wrote: »
    what's the betting she escapes getting fired playing the race card ?

Being black doesn't excuse you from homophobia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I've read that her and grant allegedly don't even talk or get on outside the show. I'd say shes a bit of work alright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I've read that her and grant allegedly don't even talk or get on outside the show. I'd say shes a bit of work alright

Would explain the utter lack of chemistry that existed from day one between those two, although it's a rare enough pearl for a pair of leads at the best of times. I think the show is close to finishing anyway so Patton may escape punishment if the show's nearly ending anyway

It's already renewed for another season.
    Any links to a story about these tweets? Had a google and can't see anything.
    When Hartley Sawyer's tweets surfaced it was everywhere.

Meanwhile this week's episode again trying to make Iris important Iris by being the mother of the new forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I can't stand Candice she was the reason I stopped looking at the show I never understood why they wanted her to be a face of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

iano.p wrote: »
    I can't stand Candice she was the reason I stopped looking at the show I never understood why they wanted her to be a face of the show.

ah its awful...she's a brutal actress in fairness although maybe in fairness to her its the writing...hell the writing sucks.

First look at Jordan Fisher as Bart Allen/Impulse.

E17VGR1XsAAnv7X?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh my god that's hideous.

And what's with giving black heroes these open topped helmets? It must be a hair thing cos it looks weird.

Ermmm OK...

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh my god that's hideous.

And what's with giving black heroes these open topped helmets? It must be a hair thing cos it looks weird.

It's actually how he looks in the comics

Marquee_FLS_50_26_450_CMYK_60636d40eb91e8.80668354.jpg

It's actually how he looks in the comics

Marquee_FLS_50_26_450_CMYK_60636d40eb91e8.80668354.jpg

Oh yeah for sure but many costumes just don't translate to live action that well IMO, especially on a CW budget. There's something about the translation from the flatness of 2D to 3D reality that breaks the facade for me.

It looks really badly photoshopped..

For this week's episode, Bruce Banner needs to talk to Alexa about how her clothes stay intact.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh yeah for sure but many costumes just don't translate to live action that well IMO, especially on a CW budget. There's something about the translation from the flatness of 2D to 3D reality that breaks the facade for me.

Yeah it's an awful translation of the costume, was talking more about the way they have their hair showing in the costume.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    It looks really badly photoshopped..

For this week's episode, Bruce Banner needs to talk to Alexa about how her clothes stay intact.

I still don't know why they went with that design for fuerza when she looks completely different in the comics. Would have also cost less to do than cgi

6706191-screen%20shot%202018-11-29%20at%205.42.49%20pm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Bart Allen better be crazy he is an amazing character in Young Justice TV show.

The CW just announced that The Flash will start off next season with a 5 episode event
    The Flash‘s five-episode event will feature crossovers with TBD Arrowverse characters. “We’re talking about other superheroes from the CWverse that will come together in each [of the] individual episodes,” says CW CEO Mark Pedowitz. “That will not quite be a crossover but it will have a crossover-type feel at the introduction of all these characters.”

Sounds like they'll be Brave & the Bold type episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Weird finale. Some good scenes with Cisco but it just felt like a regular episode. Who was that character after the credits?

Dunno, but if it bleeds we can kill it.

I already find Chester annoying, not sure I'll be able to put with even more of him, unless they tone him down a lot.

Iris being kind of annoyed is understandable, considering she got a day's notice though she did well to get a number of interviews set up in that time.
    I'm sure my work wouldn't be pleased if I told them I was leaving in a day, and I'm part of a team with others that can cover the work until they hire someone.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Weird finale. Some good scenes with Cisco but it just felt like a regular episode. Who was that character after the credits?

Finale?

Advertisement