Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I binged season 5 over the last week or so. The actress that plays Nora is awful. Also, dunno what Chris Kline was going for, but it was hammy as ****.

As usual, Wells, Cisco and Dibney carried it along. Their shoulders must be killing them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Also, it feels like I've missed something based on vents in the opening 5 mins - was there another cross-over show (this is the only one I watch) that I missed?

You mean the Monitor? That was in the finale last season. The crisis has moved from 2024 to 2019.

Not sure I like the new Harrison. He's a bit of a tool (even more than the last one). :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

More a Pariah than a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It maybe called The Flash, and Gustin's the main star, but Tom Cavanagh (and his many Wells portrayals) are a close 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Like everyone else I assume, I loved the first and second season and it's been going downhill ever since, esp last season.

I enjoyed this opener (Watching it on Sky). Sendhil Ramamurthy looks just like he did in Heroes and that was back in 2006. I did laugh at him being so mad at his mother for dying from cancer. Liked the godspeed set up and Black Hole not really being bad.

A big plus is Barry and Iris felt more like a couple in this one then I every thought they did in previous seasons. Might be unpopular but not looking forward to what ever version of "Harry" we get this year. I feel since after season 2 every version of Harry has been lame. I rather just stick with Earth 2 Harry and reverse Flash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Wells thing is kinda emblematic of this shows problems: it saw something vaguely liked or popular - the versions of Wells across two universes - and have just rammed that concept into the ground, self satisfied that this is "a thing". It was cute at first but around that first "council of Wells" I eye rolled and checked out of the whole idea. I try to watch Flash as just a straight up goofball comedy show now 'cos it's the only way any of its writing holds together these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think this Wells is going for a C137 Rick feel , out for himself hates the council but is secretly doing his part for the greater good by his own rules and damn the collateral damage. Thank fudge he doesn't have an accent

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Flash is going to die on my birthday :D

Going ok so far. Assume Blood work is the villain till crisis. After that back to the godspeed mystery? and whatever the fallout from the crisis will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would watch a Ralph Dibney detective show.

Though
    Barry said the laser was following a pattern yet if it was they'd be dead.

Also Nash is a d!ck

Assume Grant was filming all the stuff for the crossover's so why we got a "Vibe" esp. It was alright and a nice way to tie up the gypsy stuff even if the actress didn't come back. I have to say Carlos acting as "Echo" Cisco was awful. Not sure why they took his powers away, he still just breaches everywhere. Is Joe still the captain of police? He seems to be doing more detective stuff than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I would watch a Ralph Dibney detective show.

Really? I thought it was an awful episode to be honest.

The latest one wasn't much better. The show has lost the fun, the likeable characters, and has become a confused convoluted mess at this point I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

First time I've never watched an episode on the day its released. Its been awful rubbish.
    I already canned Arrow a few years back and I reckon the flash will be going the same way.

I don't think I've ever been so bored by an action packed episode before. It was all just very flat, unexciting and uninteresting.

I did like the little coda at the end, though. Felt like a goodbye.

So Wells thinks it was the Monitor that sent the wave that saved him?

And Cisco's girlfriend just casually visits Celeste at work now?

And no one seems to question Allegra suddenly being aware of Team Flash with Cisco assuming she knew where and what the pipeline is, even though this was apparently her first time in STAR Labs. She was the only one that seemed to let on she was new to everything with how she reacted to Frost. Or maybe she has a thing for her.

Speaking of Frost, why don't her eyes change colour anymore? Did she change them to Caitlin's colour to fit in?

Ralph still recovering somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

They should have never got rid of Nora....now all my anger is solely on iris and how horrifically annoying she is.....at least it was shared when Nora was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

How did they make an Iris centric story so enjoyable or was it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

youngblood wrote: »
    How did they make an Iris centric story so enjoyable or was it just me?

After the last few episodes with moany Barry anything looks good now.
    It’s amazing how this show went from awesome to a complete pile of stinking garbage.

I wasn't really feeling it. The weird synthy music they played when the Black Hole assassin popped up was annoying.
    Moaniness passed from Barry to Cisco too, so there was still moaniness.

I liked the cliffhanger though.

• Advertisement

So now I'm wondering what do people know about this crisis? With Iris using that headline it seems the public know about it.
    I know all the teams know and I assume "Team Citizen" know.
    And how would Cisco have the message from Harry since it wouldn't exist.
    I know we're not meant to think that much about these things.

Have to say the building isn't very secure considering what they have there. Iris is able to get in using the card of a person who was fired?

Oh and new opening credits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

New opening credits were a nice change from Barry saying he's the fastest alive and only he can stop things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So now I'm wondering what do people know about this crisis? With Iris using that headline it seems the public know about it.
    I know all the teams know and I assume "Team Citizen" know.
    And how would Cisco have the message from Harry since it wouldn't exist.
    I know we're not meant to think that much about these things.

Have to say the building isn't very secure considering what they have there. Iris is able to get in using the card of a person who was fired?

Oh and new opening credits

I think all the world know is that there was a Crisis related to the Anti- Monitor, the whole existence of a multiverse is unknown to the public. In relation to the message from Harry I wouldn't think much on it as then you need to think of Zoom too

Lads forgive me for a stupid question. But is crisis going to be show on Sky? It's how I watch the flash.

It's been delayed due to them not having the rights to Batwoman and as Batwoman has part 2 of crisis they planned on waiting to see who would be showing that. At least that's what I read.
    As it stands now E4 have the rights to Batwoman with no planned air date. But looking on geektown, it looks like that could be starting in March with the Arrowverse shows starting later this month.

Though nothing confirmed

Thanks man. The last Flash esp on Sky was early December. I would had like to watch crisis, of course it's all spoiled now and I watched a lot it via clips on youtube. I remember when Sky was all in Arrow-verse, do they even show Legends anymore?

Legends only just started back in the States a few weeks ago with the first episode being part 5 of Crisis. so when they start back on Sky, Supergirl will be Crisis Part 1, Flash part 3, Arrow Part 4 and Legends Part 5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is anyone still watching?

I skipped the whole Crisis storyline myself so have picked up again with E10 and it's like a whole different show. Not just the end of the multiverse and all the characters now on the one Earth, but the Flash has become a secondary character in his own show by the look of it. Now it seems more like Team Citizen and the Star Labs gang.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I keep finding myself tempted to pick up the new series as a brain-off show, but honestly can't summon the enthusiasm anymore. Strayed too far from fun-stupid to stupid-stupid over the years. The Crisis event was a bit rubbish and even Supergirl has been flailing a little after the pretty excellent Season 4. The whole franchise feels a little "phoned in" of late

• Advertisement
Advertisement