Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After the 5 episode Armageddon event, Flash is taking a break until March

https://tvline.com/2021/11/05/the-flash-riverdale-new-nights-march-2022/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Took a while to get going (the meta story really was filler) but this got off to a good start.

I really like Tony Curran too, but CG Despero was a bit ropey. I think I can look past that. 🙂

Well that escalated quickly. Yikes.

Keep it going, flash writers. This is good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Decent start - nice shirt rip nod by Ray

• Advertisement

Things are finally falling into place, can't wait for the next episode

Yeah that was good alright. 3rd best out of the 3 so far, though.

The ending was great.

Just caught up on all 3 episodes. During episode 2 I was randomly thinking how no one is helping when they have that Hall of Justice and never use it, then it shows up at the end. No Gleek though.

Who was that at the end beside Ryan? Didn't recognise him.

Regarding the spoiler nobody knows, probably new character. Seen same question being asked on reddit

Most enjoyable episode in years? It'll be interesting to see what they do in the final part.

• Advertisement

I know they needed to fill time but it does seem pointless doing those future stories like the Chester/Alegra story and Ryan having children. Unless they just wanted to do that Caitlin joke.

And clearly we're just not to meant to think too much about what happened since not much of it makes sense. To me, anyway.

We know Iris had no problem marrying someone who was like a brother, so guess it can be believable she'd marry someone old enough to be her father?

Post edited by CastorTroy on

Yeah found the final part to be disappointing. The CGI was pretty bad in his battle with Despero and Mia was needed at all for this episode. Also the whole Damien and Nora Darhk part was not needed

I think the Mia thing is to try and wrap up the story from the backdoor pilot. So she'll probably pop up every now and again.

And considering we've seen Mia in the future at parties, her saying Team Flash were partying hard seemed strange. She seemed serious when saying it anyway. Or at least she was answered seriously.

Trying to remember, did they find out about the new multiverse yet? I know Cisco was supposedly going to find out during the season that got cut short by the Pandemic.

Don't think so since he doesn't have Vibe powers anymore. Think it was the same with Legends and Supergirl, nobody knows that there is a new multiverse.

Not sure how he was going to find out, I just remember the makers were asked during that season if they would find out and they said Cisco would discover it exists but then the season got cut short.

So I guess since the pandemic is part of the reason for less crossovers it means they don't want to deal with the multiverse either.

I think the day of large crossovers with multiple shows is over anyway. I can see them doing something like how Armageddon was done in Flash or how Diggle pops up in a few shows. I can remember reading articles from Crisis that it was a production nightmare handling all the different crews and cast who also had to film their own shows around the same time. Flash was the first show to introduce the multiverse back in season 1 when he visited Supergirl which was on CBS at that point. Also Titans and Doom Patrol are a completely different tone, well Doom Patrol could work well with Legends. I'd rather they keep Stargirl away from the other CW shows and keep HBO Max and CW shows apart altogether

Ummm... yay?

Grant Gustin — whose contract is set to expire at the end of the CW series’ current eighth season — is nearing a new one-year pact with the show.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they go into the 9th season knowing it's the last

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I mean at $200,000 AN EPISODE, involved in 15 episodes according to Variety. Not bad work.

Also more than likely that (if anyone follows her on Instagram), Danielle Panabaker will probably be written out at some point in Season 8.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nice work if you can get it. That's some cheddar given the status of him and the station. I wonder having had Erza Miller cameo in the last major crossover is there a chance Gustin might pop up in The Flash film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a sweet gig, but that's just pointing out the obvious.

I'd say Grant will pop up in The Flash film - but I'm basing that purely on nothing but a guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

200 grand an episode, for that, seriously. Then again I guess that's "just" 3 million for ~5 movies.

I stopped watching this a few seasons back, Iris just wrecks my head and the "conflicted" Barry is just annoying

Season 7 had Iris randomly disappear, being "sick" offscreen only to return near the end saying she had time sickness or something like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I gave up after season 5 I think. When it was on song the popcorn, comedic styling really worked but too much of the show was sloppy to the point of insulting. It was "comic-book" in all ways, including the old school habit of writing any old bollix and throwing it over the fence. Needed shorter seasons I think, with less pressure to come up with those sometimes stupid Powers of the Week, or elongate the Barry angst.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

200k an episode not bad going considering the budget for the full season of Legends looks to be about 200k

Back after a long break. A bit of a messy episode but it was pretty fun.

Don't know what the hairbrush at the end was about though...

Wasn't Iris missing for part of the previous season due to having some time sickness? Maybe it's back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Show has run out of steam - need to end it after this season

None of the side characters are remotely likeable - the Chester guy is irritating as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

This show needs to be put out of it's misery asap

• Advertisement

I can see this getting renewed for a final season along with Legends. Batwoman could go either way as latest season finale also works as a series finale and Superman and Lois will probably get renewed. The Arrowverse has run its course anyway. Also the time of 22 episode seasons is gone too , 13 works much better as means less filler episodes

Advertisement