Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kayla Compton aka Allegra has been promoted to series regular for Season 7

https://tvline.com/2020/03/05/the-flash-season-7-kayla-compton-series-regular-allegra/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

16-year-old Logan Williams passed away suddenly on Thursday (played young Barry Allen) RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back tonight but the episode is in the wild now.

Not a bad episode, but the main villains are really awful.
    When the puppet dude outshines the main villains, you have a problem.

Grant Gustin has said that the 19th episode will be the season finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For the newest episode
    I like Ragdoll, in the comics at least, but in the show he just doesn't make sense. Whatever about him being able to do what he does, but the clothes, shoes and mask are still normal as far as I know so shouldn't be able to squeeze into the places he goes.
    Made me then think of Ralph's costume, being just a tiny thing. How does he stretch it out to get into it in the first place?
    Wasn't another of Team Citizen mirrored? Can't remember which one.

FINALLY, the story has moved forward. Best episode in a long time, I think.

Could have done without that post-logo sequence at the end though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    16-year-old Logan Williams passed away suddenly on Thursday (played young Barry Allen) RIP

His mother revealed tonight that the cause of death was a fentanyl overdose at 16 very tragic he had been struggling with addiction for the for 3 years.

Hartley Sawyer will not be returning to The Flash as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man, due to numerous racist, homophobic and misogynistic tweets he made prior to joining the CW series

https://tvline.com/2020/06/08/the-flash-hartley-sawyer-fired-season-7-racist-homophobic-tweets/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,994 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's a shame, I liked Ralph, though sometimes the show didn't quite know what to do with him. Given his abilities, and unlike Batwoman this would surely be a scenario a simple recast could work?

Looking at his tweets, reads like he was trying to be a "hilarious" edgelord, presumably giving up when not enough folk took the bait. Pretty unprofessional behaviour, would get similar reaction from any standard employer.

• Advertisement

That's an easier recast since he can actually change his face and, oops, the wind changed and it stayed that way.

I would love to know who spends their time going back through these people's tweets as they always seem to be brought to the attention of whoever.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's an easier recast since he can actually change his face and, oops, the wind changed and it stayed that way.

I would love to know who spends their time going back through these people's tweets as they always seem to be brought to the attention of whoever.

Or a delayed change from Crisis, that and Kate Kane/Batwoman having to be recast.

As for those going through people's tweets; simply summed up as people with nothing better to do/looking to score points. It's really disappointing, but people make mistakes, they can change their ways.

Same thing happened with James Gunn a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That's crappy news he was excellent in the role

As I saw someone else say, it's a$$holes trying to take down a$$holes under the guise of being SJWs.

Of course they're doing it to protect everyone. I know I feel much better knowing someone got fired for being an idiot nearly a decade ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,994 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As I saw someone else say, it's a$$holes trying to take down a$$holes under the guise of being SJWs.

Of course they're doing it to protect everyone. I know I feel much better knowing someone got fired for being an idiot nearly a decade ago.

It's all bread and circuses by CW, and the length of time (and that it was a cancelled account) makes it a little insincere; but then many companies these days have a code of conduct that if you or I posted that shíte under our name & it got back to our Overlords, we'd be in hot water too. Not sure how I'd Square it with something like James Gunn who posted edgy shíte too, but then he made Disney a lot of money so forgiveness is easier.

Still, 2020 and it remains like the penny hasn't dropped: public content posted on social media, under your name, is your public utterances. Own it, or don't publish it. If you wouldn't say it, you probably shouldn't post it online lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Varik

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's all bread and circuses by CW, and the length of time (and that it was a cancelled account) makes it a little insincere; but then many companies these days have a code of conduct that if you or I posted that shíte under our name & it got back to our Overlords, we'd be in hot water too. Not sure how I'd Square it with something like James Gunn who posted edgy shíte too, but then he made Disney a lot of money so forgiveness is easier.

Still, 2020 and it remains like the penny hasn't dropped: public content posted on social media, under your name, is your public utterances. Own it, or don't publish it. If you wouldn't say it, you probably shouldn't post it online lol :D

Would anyone have cared when he posted those originally between 2011 and 2014. James Gunn was a lot bigger name and no one cared at the time either.

So not so much a case of "if you wouldn't say it" and more "if you wouldn't say it 9 years time"

Didn't like Ralph in the beginning, but he really grew into the role. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Utter joke. We all do stupid **** as our younger selves. We’re supposed to learn from the mistakes we made not be demonised forever for them.
    Isn’t rehabilitation what it’s all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

disappointing news really was a bright spot last few seasons for me

Blazer wrote: »
    Utter joke. We all do stupid **** as our younger selves. We’re supposed to learn from the mistakes we made not be demonised forever for them.

Apparently not by the looks of it. Had a look at some of the replies on various tweets about Sawyer's canning, a lot of profiles with Iris pictures, and now them wanting Danielle Panabaker gone for some strange reason. Even though she hasn't really done anything worth firing over, except agree with the shipping of Barry & Caitlin once while live-tweeting an episode the show.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »

He was 29 when he posted the last tweets, so wouldn't agree the "stupid shít" argument quite tracks at an age unmistakably adult. Not like he was some shítposting adolescent when he did it.

For his part, Sawyer has apologised in the standard 2020 form: an instagram JPG. The full apology in the text of the post seems sincere though and makes no excuses for his actions. Interestingly, and as I speculated, he claimed it was an attempt at humour - again making the James Gunn comparison relevant. Takes a lot of stones to aim for that kind of humour and IMO you gotta make people laugh before earning the right to use the shocking material; see Frankie Boyle for a good real-world example

Who knows, maybe Sawyer'll come back once, like Gunn, he has done his rounds of celebrity penance. The honest mea culpa is a good start.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0qvHunr8J/

I saw an article on IGN about the new Danny Trejo (Breacher in Flash) documentary coming out and one comment pointed out how Danny Trejo is a reformed criminal charged with murder and given a second chance and it was posted the same day as an article about a guy who is fired due to posting something stupid nearly a decade ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ignoring personal responsibility for a second, but as stated this is not the first time old tweets have come back to bite someone - I'd have thought by now the services provided by an agent might include trawling through social media to see what potential bombs are hiding there.

Apparently it's an old account that he had closed and deleted and the tweets are screenshots. So he did seem to have the sense to try and cover himself. Yet someone has been sitting on these since then

I saw an article on IGN about the new Danny Trejo (Breacher in Flash) documentary coming out and one comment pointed out how Danny Trejo is a reformed criminal charged with murder and given a second chance and it was posted the same day as an article about a guy who is fired due to posting something stupid nearly a decade ago.

Indeed but this is an insular world where Roman Polanski is still feted by Hollywood and its A listers. If you're looking for consistency of morals within the entertainment industry you're on a hiding to nothing. Presumably the CW are also overcompensating given the accusations levelled at Andrew Kreisberg.

You'd think with the fact they already lost a lead from one of their series that they wouldn't want to work around another disappearance.
    They're also getting rid of one of the better parts of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I wonder did he get any support from his co-stars after the firing? James Gunn seemed to get rehired because the GOTG actors supported him.

Don't think so. Grant Gustin backs the decision. FWIW, here is some of the stuff Hartley said (from the link below)
    Sawyer deactivated his Twitter account in late May, but his litany of offensive missives from before he joined the CW hit included (and were by no means limited to): “all women should be in sex farms” (from May 2011), “If I had a wife I would beat the hell out of her tonight lol” (February 2012), “The only thing stopping me from doing mildly racist tweets is the knowledge that Al Sharpton would never stop complaining about me” (June 2012), “Out at dinner and just exposed myself as a racist, AGAIN” (November 2014), and homophobic slurs.

https://tvline.com/2020/06/08/the-flash-hartley-sawyer-fired-grant-gustin-reaction/

• Advertisement

Advertisement