Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I see Twitch Prime gives a free Frost Prime Warframe and weapon kit this month:cool: Now seeing as Twitch Prime is included in the Amazon prime subscription and said subscription has a 7 day free trial, I got me some real nice starter gear today :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes and Frost Prime is a nice frame,get it modded up and its pretty tanky too.

If you can get your hands on the Lenz bow do it, probably my favourite weapon in the game, fully modded its a beast, just be careful you dont kill yourself with it :)
    It really becomes godly in the open worlds of poe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I mostly run with Frost Prime and the Vaykor weapons from Steel Meridian (that shotgun makes for wonderful blapping and its effective at medium ranges too). Just got a Trinity Prime and Vauban to start levelling having just finished a Mirage (wasn't terribly enamoured with it). I've got my eyes set on a Wukon as soon as I get through these 2 cause who doesn't love a bitta Monkey Magic).

Im working towards that vaykor hek, i have all the rep but still only MR11, feeling the grind from 11 to 12, i need 12 for that weapon.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im working towards that vaykor hek, i have all the rep but still only MR11, feeling the grind from 11 to 12, i need 12 for that weapon.

I know exactly how you feel, but it was well worth it. Then of course I had to punish myself by wanting a Galatine Prime which I didn't realise till after I crafted it was MR 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

11-> 12-> 13 is very slow going

with the tigris prime and the arca plasmor, my vaykor hek lies unforma'd in my inventory :< doesnt help that I burnt myself out on the regular Hek

/edit arca plasmor is incredible - probably one of my favorite guns. Terribly overpowered lol. Innate punchthrough, so no better streetsweeper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Vaykor Hek is my favourite primary,the Vaykor Marelock is one of my favourite secondaries too,two great weapons. Does help ive 5 forma on the hek and 4 on the marelock though,can bring them anywhere really and they will be effective

yea, the marelok is my Mesa weapon :)

i'd 4 forma on my stock Hek, so not sure Im ready just yet to invest in another one just yet

I had mostly avoided shotguns for reasons, but I realised that I had Boar blueprints and a lot of Mastery Rank to get, so I made one and it was great :) I didn't have a regular Hek, but I got the Vaykor one at just the right time and I'd already been using the pistol to much delight.

I'm finding the adjustment from tanky Frost to support Trinity a bit jarring, but brute force and ignorance can't be the way I go through all my life :D

Didnt find trinity great to play either,her support abilities are beastly but playing her for a prolonged period got boring for me. Very useful in a squad with a plan though.

• Advertisement

The arca plasma with a forma or two is amazing, aoe goodness.

It's as much a personal challenge to myself to play a new way as anything else. After a few hundred hours, a change is as good as a rest. I'm also in the process of rebuilding my clan dojo to something more aesthetically pleasing than the sprawling mess we had. So I bring my Frost Prime and the Vaykor weapons to Eidolon and the rest of the time I'm levelling the new frames and weapons.

I know Sedna/hydron is the go to for leveling frames and weapons but im bored of that place now, any more recommended spots?

I try to work through the dailies for the factions when levelling stuff as well as a few trips to the void or anywhere that I can farm resources for upgrades etc. May as well get 2 birds stoned at once :D

I know Sedna/hydron is the go to for leveling frames and weapons but im bored of that place now, any more recommended spots?

akkad a good alternative iirc. Is a dark sector one to boot

For Akkad bring a good Tonkor:)

Slow nova can be quite effective there too,just dont pop the slow till the enemies have reached the pod.

people saying the zarr is the new tonkor - Ive not tried it yet though (there to claim in my foundry however)

The Warframe promotion on Twitch where you get items for watching streamers play the game is not to bad if you have your account linked to Warframe. So far I'v gotten

fireburst's - gazillions
    latron bp - gazillions but selling the spares netted me 200k+
    grand finale
    orokin cell - loads of them
    glyph display - loads of them
    hunhow sentinel mask
    forma bp - loads of them
    nitain extract - loads of them
    neurode - loads of them
    smoke color pack

Still waiting for a Vectis Prime and Frost skins.

Done this last Saturday kept, 10 or so streams open [low quality] and got loads of stuff.
    Done so again this afternoon, logged into WF there and had 260 messages of of which included the vectis prime waiting for me :P

I hope it's still running, I've got a few streams on in the background now so hopefully I'll get a few bits :D

[EDIT]
    Can confirm it's still working, I'm getting 13 messages in my inbox every 30 mins or so with 6 streams open on a Twitch Multistream tab (http://multitwitch.tv/lok_king_macho/neoness007/inaliz/queenmisrule/danielthedemon/strippin if anyone wants to copy it - 6 streamers currently playing, one of them is a partnered with Warframe person for added bonus).

• Advertisement

Done this last Saturday kept, 10 or so streams open [low quality] and got loads of stuff.
    Done so again this afternoon, logged into WF there and had 260 messages of of which included the vectis prime waiting for me :P

Swine :p

Seriously tho, is it a ready to go warframe or do you need to build it?

Also, is there a boards guild?

The Vectis Prime is a very good sniper rifle.
    Normally wouldnt bother with sniper rifles but with the expansion plains of eidelon its great.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vectis_Prime

Dont think there is a boards clan, clans in this are very different in the sense that it takes a lot to build a clan dojo and fully kit it out.
    Make sure you join a clan though, a lot of the content as in weapons are only available in the research labs of the clan dojo.

The Vectis Prime is a very good sniper rifle.
    Normally wouldnt bother with sniper rifles but with the expansion plains of eidelon its great.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vectis_Prime

Dont think there is a boards clan, clans in this are very different in the sense that it takes a lot to build a clan dojo and fully kit it out.
    Make sure you join a clan though, a lot of the content as in weapons are only available in the research labs of the clan dojo.

I was getting it mixed up with the Valkyr Prime frame :o

Ah well I have an oberon building which should be ready by the weekend to tide me over.

Oberon wasn't quite my cuppa tea, but I could see myself going back to him now that I've been playing more varied frames for longer. I got myself a free Wyrm companion from watching Twitch last night as well as some Glyph placements to decorate my lander. That and about 50 Latron blueprints (I'm currently levelling a Latron Wraith and am hating it :( ) and any number of Fireworks and Grand Finalé Fireworks for showing off (could be handy for Plains of Eidolon?). Also got lots of Hunhow(?) masks for my companion cube (I got a Dethcube to start with and that's what I call our little floating buddies since).

I'm also almost done with the rebuild of my clan's Dojo:
    431616.png

Quite pleased with the results, I know it's a total non-element to the game, but it gives a fun sense of ownership and makes me want to play more to improve it with all the shiny nonsense :D

Another thing to note about the twitch rewards (vectis/wyrm) is they come with a potato installed and a free slot...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I've been playing this non-stop for the last week. Love it!

Any boards clan?

There's no Boards specific clan and even if one starts, I just finished rebuilding my own clan's dojo and it took ages, so I might not move over :P

Feel free to add me in-game (PC) and ping me if you see me online - Shiminay is the name there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i stopped playing around the system of the rails update, eh bit lost trying to get into it now how the feck do i get to this open world area ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i stopped playing around the system of the rails update, eh bit lost trying to get into it now how the feck do i get to this open world area ?

It's on Earth. Would strongly advise having completed the Second Dream quest before going there or you won't be able to interact with the big monsters and their little friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Thanks for the reply Shiminay, unfortunately I'm on PS4 so don't think I could join your clan.

Advertisement