Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hmm,its possible to do a lot of the content solo,some of it would be difficult but doable.

I think the game is centered around doing things while in a squad though,the way prime parts are rewarded these days would be a good example,you would really be hurting your chances of getting what you need by playing solo.

I find the public matchmaking fine for 90% of the content though. No real need for a mic either in public if its not your thing. You will find people speed running the missions a lot though,that can be annoying if its not your playstyle. Anytime you see a mirage and a simulor for instance you know that player is just going to sprint through the mission.

So i would say,its all doable solo but it will take longer and be more of a grind. Public matchmaking is fine 90% of the time but if you really want to get through the content joining a clan and playing in a squad would be preferable.

What platform are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I'm on PC. To be honest i want zero human interaction, and judging from your post the game hasn't changed much. Ill be keeping it uninstalled, thanks for the info

Still waiting for War Within update to drop on PS4,the wait is tough as there are so many spoilers out there now that its been out on PC for awhile!

Frost prime being unvaulted at some point soon is making me happy also. Hes probably not gonna be any more use than my 3 forma vanilla frost but......#fashionframe

The War Within is out now on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Double Credit Weekend promotion happening right now (on PC I can confirm, don't know about others). Good time to snatch up a market booster because it stacks so you can get X4 credits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*bump*

I've been getting properly stuck into this with some friends almost every night this week and It's been a great time. Horsing through levels of all my gear and I was Mastery Rank 1 only 2 weeks ago, I'm now 25% of the way to 6, I have 2 Sentinels, a Kubrow (all maxed) and I'm one component away from a new frame (Oberon) as well as a couple of Prime weapons (Paris Prime and Leto Prime).

If anyone's still playing this, please let me know and I'll be happy to join in.

Yep I still play this regularly although I usually just pop on to
    • Deploy extractors
    • Complete daily sortie
    • Stock up/Build forma
    • Trade

I'm MR22. Got practically everything with tons of forma on it. I've reached end-game now. Made 1.5K platinum in trading in the last week. Sold 2 rare mods for 500p a piece. The end-game is to platinum hoard. Although I still try to gift things to the clan members to help em' out. Slots are usually what they appreciate. Too bad about all the new tennogen stuff they've released that you can't buy with platinum. It's very possible that I'll take a long break from the game when Tekken 7 is released, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i havent played in ages but i did have a fair few frames and prime frames weapons etc i think i quit around the time they removed the endless modes with the weird system of the rails update. Have they undone that mess yet ?

There's still endless missions. You use keys (now called relics) per reward, per player. Instead of 1 player using 1 key for the entirety of an 'endless'. It has consumed the global net of 'keys' drastically. I think that was the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The company who makes this game are releasing a new game called Keystone, going into Alpha soon

https://www.playkeystone.com/

• Advertisement

So now there giving away Frost Prime to people who have a twitch prime account. Thats a hell of a way to cheapen things.

I signed up for my free Prime Video account and got my Frost Prime. This pleases me greatly cause I had a Frost (now sold) and it's definitely my preferred Frame out of my current stable (Excalibur, Frost P, Oberon, Nyx and currently levelling a Volt). I'm still really enjoying this game, am working on the Limbo Theorem quest atm. I'm pretty close to Mastery Rank 10 now too

Just saw The Plains of Eidolon video,didnt see that coming at all!! Warframe the full on MMO it looks like. Some really cool looking features in fairness. Might be enough to get me back into the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just saw The Plains of Eidolon video,didnt see that coming at all!! Warframe the full on MMO it looks like. Some really cool looking features in fairness. Might be enough to get me back into the game

I have been playing it a fair bit the last few months. Have to say, the game needs this update badly. It gone a bit stale lately.

It looks cool though the way you can make your own weapons from different parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭5huggy

I have'nt played this game in a couple years although I have been taking an interest in trying it again.

I'm still totally absorbed by this game :) Just hit Mastery 10, got my Limbo Frame (it's weird and I don't think I'll be using it much after I max it out) and I've got frame number 7 of my collection (Ash) just about ready to pop from the cooker.

The new stuff looks very interesting. The recent improvements to the Earth tileset are causing some performance problems for some people (I get some messy framerate drops too the odd time), so I hope the new open world has some hefty optimisation done to help mitigate this, but the idea is great and I like how it looks.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I have been playing it a fair bit the last few months. Have to say, the game needs this update badly. It gone a bit stale lately.

It looks cool though the way you can make your own weapons from different parts.

Given that they make good drops have less than 1% chance of dropping in the past, with only data miners finding this out so they fix it, and then for them to encrypt that data as well as new things like rivens being generally an awful grind with unique resource on top of another grind system with another resource... I don't have much hope for the weapon crafting. They haven't been able to fix melee for years now. We don't need unique weapons that we can name, we needed an overhaul to the melee system. I think faster weapon switching and semi dualwielding melee/pistol is a step in the right direction and it is nice to see that Archwing is now seamless.

I took a break from the game and this video made me feel fine about making it perhaps a permanent break

The open landscape stuff may get me back but lord knows how long it'll take them.

The single biggest change that stopped me playing was the change from keys to relics,no way im gonna go out and grind a whole bunch of relics when new stuff comes out just for RNG to to crap all over me. At least with the keys id already have that part of the grind covered and could just go for the gear. I do like that they moved to star chart nodes rather than void with relics but thats the only part of the changes there i liked.

The only thing ive logged on for has been quest updates,the last few ive got through in one sitting though unless they had a time gate.

Yeah i used to love doing a T3 Survival for over an hour. I get absolutely nothing from the relics, i get even less when i make them radiant.

The only void fissures i do are the defence missions as you get relics back.

If ye want a pain, try collecting all the Kuria in the game. Me and my m8 are on the last 2 and they spawn in the same room. Problem is though getting that room to spawn. Spent around 20 hours so far and still cant get it to spawn. Its Kuria 13-2 and 13-3 if ye are interested.

Aw man collecting all the Kuria is a chore,i had started collecting them but stopped as it was getting to tedious givin the procedural map gen. I can feel your pain there,be hard to stop now your so close though!!

• Advertisement

Finished the Kuria hunt :)

Did anyone else find the Flappy Birds minigame? :D

Completed the chains of harrow quest last night,nice little quest if a bit short.

I do like the look of the harrow frame so reckon ill jump on for a bit to get him built.

I'm just about to start The Second Dream after spending last night ploughing my way through Uranus (fnarr fnarr :P)...

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm just about to start The Second Dream after spending last night ploughing my way through Uranus (fnarr fnarr :P)...

Second Dream,War Within and Natah are my 3 favourite quests in the game. Probably because they further the main storyline/lore a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Back playing this after a very long hiatus - though didnt really play all that much back in 2013(!). A lot has changed, and seems very deep now, but makes a bit more sense then I remember it did back then. Playing on PC if anyone is around, or know of any daycent clans recruiting etc (IGN: wozza.ie). Am only a newb, MR3 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Back after a year or so out. 295 hours up, and still not sure about some stuff. Have about 6/7 frames now(3 maxed out: Ember, Excalibur, and Oberon), looking for a clan to join, as I need some 'guidance' for the Prime frames. Also have a friend looking to join as well....On PC:-) locknloadeire on Steam if anyone wants to send me message;-)

I'm in a fully researched clan but don't play much anymore. It's a remnant of WarBros (#1!) I'll forward your IGNs to my clan lead and he'll invite if there's any room.

Edit: Clan lead said you're still in a clan @Wossack. Invites can't be sent. @Justwinginit Steam name is useless.

Wossack wrote: »
    Back playing this after a very long hiatus - though didnt really play all that much back in 2013(!). A lot has changed, and seems very deep now, but makes a bit more sense then I remember it did back then. Playing on PC if anyone is around, or know of any daycent clans recruiting etc (IGN: wozza.ie). Am only a newb, MR3 I think
    I just sent you a friend request, sure we may as well group up and I'm playing almost every day (MR11)
    Back after a year or so out. 295 hours up, and still not sure about some stuff. Have about 6/7 frames now(3 maxed out: Ember, Excalibur, and Oberon), looking for a clan to join, as I need some 'guidance' for the Prime frames. Also have a friend looking to join as well....On PC:-) locknloadeire on Steam if anyone wants to send me message;-)
    My in-game name is same as here (Shiminay) if you wanna add me - it's different from your Steam account name.

In my own news, finished The Second Dream and am about to start the third stage of the Sands of Inaros (and have to find and kill 5 juggernauts to do so). I'm mostly using my Frost Prime (just about to finish levelling it for the second time after applying a Forma) but I enjoyed Zephyr cause I love the speed of movement in the game and will probably go Nezha next.

Worth mentioning, http://warframe.market is a handy spot for trading. It behaves really strangely on Chrome, but loads fine on Firefox or IE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

sadly my gpu driver is crapping out ever since hitting Uranus (hur)
    screen freezes, but game keeps playing in the background
    making it pretty hard going sadly

seems to be a lot of reports of it, but not many solutions

Advertisement