Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Good idea to put lenses on things that you use often and/or get tons of kills with. Focus grinding takes a while if you're not savvy with XP farming in general, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Next on the hitlist for me is to get a good riven for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

right i saved 6 forma and i am wondering if anyone knows a good build for chroma with it or inaros i like those unkillable tanky frame types.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

Have a look on warframe-builder.com - might give you a steer on polarities at least

Wossack wrote: »
    Have a look on warframe-builder.com - might give you a steer on polarities at least

oh great site thanks

• Advertisement

So i finally made vauban prime, my favorite warframe i had him before i moved to ps4 but obviously back to pc now. I am trying to forma an opticor for sorties i made akbronco and they kick ass also i got a riven for a Either reaper scides that does +228% slash damage and 184 status duration and some other stuff, so that weapon sucked but after a few forma its insanely fast and i flip around slicing things up. So think these weapons will be my main for sorties now i will just dream of an amazing amprex riven ow one day santa one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had to give this game a shot after those NoClip documentaries.
    Liking it so far!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Keep the wiki open as you play, your gonna need it :)

Do everything you can to get the Lenz bow, probably the most enjoyable in any game ever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't like the Lenz at all, huge damage potential, but just not my style of play. The Dex gear that's available for the 5 year anniversary is rather good, so I've been playing Excalibur again levelling all that. The pistols in particular are a treat.

I'm currently building a Hydroid and am levelling a Nekros Prime. I'm a sucker for those shiny gold bling trims on Prime stuff. Have a Tigris Prime I just levelled and I think the Akbolto Prime is the best pair of pistols I've ever had in a game cause who doesn't love sticking people full of spikes?

Attempted an Eidolon hunt the other day only to find my 2 coop partners were bugged and not able to do any damage to it, so it was all down to me with my Arca Plasmor and its 9000+ Rad Damage (over nine thousand!!!). We missed the fker after a very intense night on the plains. The salt was so real when I saw that fking thing melt into the ground with about 400 hit points left.

Oh yes, I crafted my first Zaw at last, meh :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How can you not like a half a room exploding ? :P

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    How can you not like a half a room exploding ? :P

It's S O S L O W... ;) The width of the Plasmor shot or the sheer madness of the Amprex are just as if not more effective and suit my more "Leroy Jenkins" style of play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Shiminay wrote: »
    Attempted an Eidolon hunt the other day only to find my 2 coop partners were bugged and not able to do any damage to it, so it was all down to me with my Arca Plasmor and its 9000+ Rad Damage (over nine thousand!!!). We missed the fker after a very intense night on the plains. The salt was so real when I saw that fking thing melt into the ground with about 400 hit points left.

Oh yes, I crafted my first Zaw at last, meh :)

For Eidolons, get yourself a Lanka as the Arca is just terrible against them. When you get bugged in an Eidolon you can either jump in water or die, to be able to use abilites again.

As for Nekros, make sure to get the augment that uses HP instead of energy for desicrate as the difference it makes is just insane.

bluh, I really don't like the Lanka (or sniper rifles generally in any game). I had the Arca pistol (the name of which eludes me atm) and that's essentially a sniper weapon (and with Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent) and that was doing ok damage too (modded for Rad damage obviously). I also brought a Trinity Prime to the fight cause I heard they were useful for any group, but learned that you can't cast your spells on the Eidolon :(

bluh, I really don't like the Lanka (or sniper rifles generally in any game). I had the Arca pistol (the name of which eludes me atm) and that's essentially a sniper weapon (and with Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent) and that was doing ok damage too (modded for Rad damage obviously). I also brought a Trinity Prime to the fight cause I heard they were useful for any group, but learned that you can't cast your spells on the Eidolon :(

I hate the Lanka. I hate I had to put 5 forma into it even more but against Eidolon's, its the best weapon by a mile. Lanka rivens go for insane money these days regardless of the stats on it, with the really good ones selling for 5-8k plat :pac:

Iv tried a 20k rad damage Tigris Prime and I might as well of been shooting the air for all the good it did against the Eidolon. Vectis Prime which is such an epic sniper rifle, does much better than the Tigris but sadly just not remotely close to the Lanka.

As for frames, Chroma, Volt, Trinity, Oberon and Harrow are the go to units we use for 3x3 runs per night.

Nodrop made a documentary on Warframe and it's well worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

If you didn't watch the TennoCon stream (and missed a nice free Ash prime), check out the Fortuna/Railjack update video. It looks absolutely fantastic.

Yea, it looks rad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I last played this when Plains of Eidolon came out,very much due a re visit!

Watched the live stream last night but no Ash Prime in my inbox thus far but Fortuna and Railjack look amazing so not to bummed out. Going by Twitch and Reddit comments on Tennocon 2017 and POE's release, I'm thinking Fortuna might be an October release?

I had my Ash Prime this morning when I logged in.

I love the look of the new content, the Railjack in particular looks like a lot of fun and I can't want to get on my hoverboard and find a half-pipe ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Last played this back in 2013, decided to hop back in and give it a test. Even as a returning player that leveled up a few warframes it's still confusing. i'd imagine a new player might find it easier but i'm stuck in the old style of it trying to figure out everything thats changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ash Prime was givin away for free?

Kids these days,dont want to earn anything:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

KilOit wrote: »
    Last played this back in 2013, decided to hop back in and give it a test. Even as a returning player that leveled up a few warframes it's still confusing. i'd imagine a new player might find it easier but i'm stuck in the old style of it trying to figure out everything thats changed
    They really need to fix the new game experience. Have tried it twice now, and haven't got a clue what i'm doing.

Kiith wrote: »
    They really need to fix the new game experience. Have tried it twice now, and haven't got a clue what i'm doing.

Run, Gun...Wiki :)

Similar to above I played the hell out of this in 2014, drifted off and have only been back once or twice since, now trying to get back into it properly. And, yeah, a lot to learn but what starts off as complexity becomes depth when mastered and I like that there's still quite a way for me to go. The main thing is just play it as a shooter to start with, you'll only have a basic equipment set and will build slowly so every few rounds experiment and definitely head to the wiki in between bouts, don't try and read ahead (it will get really daunting) so much as fully understand the systems you have already interacted with. Just shy of 600 or so hours in, about 40 of those in the last 2 weeks and I have only just started the Second Dream quest, have had a glance at Eidolon and Riven/Kuva is just wish list material.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »

Check whos first post in thus thread! :pac:

I tried to get back in to the game with that open world zone expansion and I was just so lost. Theu changed so much, that I have no clue wtf am I doing.
    Still fantastic game, unfortunately I have pc and ps4 accounts with a good bit of money spent on them and I am playing xbox full time now...

I was fortunate to have a friend who knew what he was at explain the game to me because like the rest of you, I was baffled as a new user (and I'd played it initially in 2014 too) when I came back to the game last year. Now, I'm far from expert, especially lacking knowledge in the late game stuff, but there are YouTubes for that (TacticalPotato is an Irish guy who runs a good channel and iFlynn is a Northern Irish guy who runs something similar - support your local YouTubers! :) ). But if you can jump on with someone experienced to explain how to build a weapon and frame with mods, which frame is right for which mission and what sort of elemental weapons you should use for the various sorts of enemies. I've got 600+ hours and I still haven't finished The Void missions, so I've not been able to look at the latest content as it's locked after the Chains of Harrow mission which can't be started till after the last Void area's clear (and that's all level 40-50 stuff which is unpleasant for my Frames cause I'm not "power gaming" them into mega builds as recommended).

What am I missing here.
    When I played a few years ago I mainly build up 1 or 2 warframes and maxed my somo rifle, the gun rips through everything and I have a endless supply of ammo. Everything just feels easy.. Am I suposed to nerf myself with new weapons to level to make it harder. Is the goal to rank up? I want hard content but I also want to explore new stuff and I was 1 shotting enemy's in the plains of something :pac:
    So what am I missing? :confused:

Mastery Rank is the true "leveling up" and you gain MR by maxing out weapons, frames, companions, doggos, etc. You do the MR tests at the Cephalon Similaris room at any relay station. It's a clever means of doing things cause it means you'll build frames and weapons you're not necessarily interested in just to get the MR from them (I'm looking at you current crappy rifle I'm using that I don't want to spend a spud on to make it passable).

• Advertisement

(TacticalPotato is an Irish guy who runs a good channel and iFlynn is a Northern Irish guy who runs something similar - support your local YouTubers! :) ).

I rarely follow any youtubers, just grab videos on demand when necessary, but iFlynn is a rare exception - great highly detailed but down to earth guides.

Advertisement