Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No, unfortunately, there's no cross-platform play. The community seems to be pretty decent though and finding people to help isn't usually too much of a chore - at least that's been my experience on PC where having a keyboard makes quick messages so much easier. I hope you're still enjoying it.

I got the new Arca Plasmor shotgun (build it in a Clan Corpus lab or buy on the market) and frak me is it ever a monster! My new favourite toy for sure, I am just finishing it's second levelling up after sticking a Forma on it and it's doing in or around 8000 points of damage a shot (I'll get it over 9000 if it kills me). Takes out the troop transports on the Plains too which is a great help when holding camps. I've also got a Nekros in the Foundry and I just got a Sybaris Prime which I'm liking too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got the arca plasmor a few weeks back and its a beast but nothing in the game gives me as much joy as the Lenz, its just fantastic fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thanks for the reply Shiminay, unfortunately I'm on PS4 so don't think I could join your clan.

You can use the recruiting tab in game to look for a clan or for a more detailed explanation of what each clan might expect you can check out the warframe forums,specifically the recruitment section. Joined two clans this way myself.

Warframe Forum PS4 & Xbox Clan Recruitment

Ah balls,i see they have revised the focus trees:(

Sometimes this game can really s**t on stuff thats taken an ages to get right for a build. Looks like ill have to be doing a little focus farming if i come back for plains update

Oh yea, the Focus stuff has been completely rejigged. All points you had before the rejig are still there, but all your unlocks have been reset. So you might have 1,000,000 focus in something waiting for you :)

I've been blapping the big monsters coming out of the boil on Cetus all weekend. Many infested things have died many deaths.

• Advertisement

Yup all the points are there. I messed up zenurik the other night at 3am after getting home from the pub and flicking on warframe for a quick look,dont drunk and game folks:(

Id be alright if i knew what a quill was:P

They're a faction on Cetus where you can upgrade your "operator mode" weapon (called an Amp). Hunting Eidolon beasties big and small reward you with the things necessary to gain standing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I installed warframe last night again. One thing I hate with warframe is after you make a break and come back its like freaking puzzle learning everything again. Its just so damn big and theu were not sleeping wjen it came to updates.
    I am completely lost and have no clue whats going on.
    Are forma and reactors still a thing? Cores? I cant find any of my cores.
    Whats the story with the plains? I found my way there, but have no idea whats going.
    Found a dude that gives bounties. Went for one and it was weird. I think we failed once or host quit. Then we finished, but we were free to roam. Mission was still going, but no markers etc. Then it randomly after 15min of me pointlessly running around went in to mission complete.
    Void keys still a thing? I dont see any of them, but I could swear I had some left.
    Good thing js though I still got 1800plat left from playing before. Forma wont be an issue. That was the only thing I pretty much bought anyway.

Yes, Forma and Reactors are still a thing. I don't know why you were buying Forma, I have almost never needed more than I have in my inventory.

Cores? What are cores?

If you go do missions on the plains, you don't get the rewards till you leave, so public grouping can be a PITA if people won't go to the exit (but it does now countdown if 2 people are there).

Void Keys are definitely still a thing.

Lenses for standing for your Operator and all related skills have been completely redone and any points you've spent in this will have been refunded so you can respec.

All that said, you're 100% right about the knowledge gap for people who've not played in a while.

Cores used to be for levelling mods,you now use stuff called endo. Your cores will have been exchanged for endo awhile ago,happened automatically.

Void keys have been changed to relics which now provide the chance of prime gear. Also the missions from them are on the star map mostly now and not the void

• Advertisement

Oh, I'm confusing Void Keys and Derelict Keys, apologies. Void Traces are a thing that you use to bump up Relics chances to drop certain items over others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jumped back in last week after having not played for about 3 or 4 years.....to say I was quite confused is an understatement!

What is the deal with syndicates? I'm not gonna be doing any PvP so if its connected to that I don't really care.

Also clans, they just guilds by another name?

Oh well, Rhino is finishing this evening...only took me 4 years to assemble the components...who says F2P takes ages to get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

syndicates are entirely unrelated to pvp, and very much recommended to get started with one asap. I would suggest Steel Meridian for starting out (for the very OP scattered justice hek mod)

Im no vet, so pinch of salt here, but basically, there are 6 syndicates when you look at the console to the left of the nav computer. Each syndicate has a love/hate/neutral relationship with the others, so gaining rep with one has effects standing with the others. They've laid out the syndicates on the console, so that the left three are ok with one another, and the right three the same.

So you kinda choose with 'side' you fancy - can take a look at the end game mods, and see which you fancy - but Steel Meridian are a good shout if you're stuck

I think you should still get some progress towards mastery rank if you're re-levelling a frame or weapon having applied Forma polarity etc to it, but you don't. You also don't get MR if you're working on a variant of one you've done already - for example, I've levelled a Red Veil Rakta Cernos Bow and have the parts for Cernos Prime, but I've no interest in building it cause it won't give me any progress for using it (and their stats are pretty much equal).

My current stable of Frames is this:
    434216.png

I just passed the MR14 test.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cores used to be for levelling mods,you now use stuff called endo. Your cores will have been exchanged for endo awhile ago,happened automatically.

Void keys have been changed to relics which now provide the chance of prime gear. Also the missions from them are on the star map mostly now and not the void

Cheers m8, you still playing on ps4? We had some crack back then.

Those relics are like loot boxes now or something? Or you they just renamed keys to relics, but kept same function?

So no more cores? How you upgrade your mods so? Use that new recourse? Can you still combine dublicates?

So no more void runs for prime gear? Did they redo system?

By the way, I wanted to do second dream quest and one of prerequisites was a quest that need some grineer scaners or something, any idea,wjere to get those?

Cheers m8, you still playing on ps4? We had some crack back then.

Those relics are like loot boxes now or something? Or you they just renamed keys to relics, but kept same function?

So no more cores? How you upgrade your mods so? Use that new recourse? Can you still combine dublicates?

So no more void runs for prime gear? Did they redo system?

By the way, I wanted to do second dream quest and one of prerequisites was a quest that need some grineer scaners or something, any idea,wjere to get those?

I stopped awhile ago myself bud,just moved on to other games,only so much grind i could take!! Went back to do the quests when they released but thats about it. Might try jump back in for plains update at some point,least get the quest part done

Yup,relics are basically void keys now. New terminal in your ship to view the ones you have. Old keys would have been converted to relics. Run missions to open them,not confined to void missions anymore either. Relics are tiered still so you still have the tier 1-4 missions.

Endo now for levelling mods,dupes can be turned into endo at the mod terminal in your ship.

Other than using relics instead of keys the system is pretty much the same for prime gear other than the missions arent all in the void now,there all over the star map. You can acess the list of available relic mission on the star map in the tab at the top right,like the alert missions.

Not sure what the quest is,id have to check the codex in game

Best advice is have the wiki open as you play.

Awesome game but as mentioned already leveling up new frames or weapons is a total pain in the ass.
    The worst part is its the only way to increase your MR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I play this a lot on steam, my name is The_Daleatron if anyone wants help clearing some planet node's or doing survivals etc i have a lot of kitted out frames. But be for warned i use a really annoyingly effect 3 forma amprex and clear rooms in one click :D

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I play this a lot on steam, my name is The_Daleatron if anyone wants help clearing some planet node's or doing survivals etc i have a lot of kitted out frames. But be for warned i use a really annoyingly effect 3 forma amprex and clear rooms in one click :D

Ill see your 3 forma Amprex and raise you a 5 forma Ignis,mine even goes through walls:P

I just hit 30 again on my 3 Forma Vaykor Hex and I might go for the second on my Arca Plasmor :)

Levelling the new smg at the moment, its not got huge stopping power, but I've invested in Crit Chance and I'm seeing those orange and red numbers make an appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ill see your 3 forma Amprex and raise you a 5 forma Ignis,mine even goes through walls:P

I'll take your 5 forma ignis and raise you a 7 forma dread

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I'll take your 5 forma ignis and raise you a 7 forma dread

Ultimate penetration!

Nothing more satisfying than lining them up and watch the dread go through all of them!

Although room clearing with a dread aint gonna happen as fast as the amprex or ignis!!

i still just love my amprex no other weapon really does it for me, i really need to get new mods tho all mine are pre system of rails update. Trying to level a load of crap up so i can craft a tigress prime, and 3 of them feckin bow's >_< i need rank 12 zzz 3 to go. why i made them i dont know i hate bows... im just to use to going zaappp and watching a room of things exploding.

I just craft a mag prime so im trying to get my rep up with a faction for the greedy mag mod its going quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

i still just love my amprex no other weapon really does it for me, i really need to get new mods tho all mine are pre system of rails update. Trying to level a load of crap up so i can craft a tigress prime, and 3 of them feckin bow's >_< i need rank 12 zzz 3 to go. why i made them i dont know i hate bows... im just to use to going zaappp and watching a room of things exploding.

I just craft a mag prime so im trying to get my rep up with a faction for the greedy mag mod its going quick enough.

What is your amprex build? I used to love using it

im just to use to going zaappp and watching a room of things exploding.

Get the Lenz bow for that, by far the most fun weapon in the game imo.

I've started levelling an Amprex, frak me it's so bad to start with. No useful amount of damage, no range, takes a week to reload... I'm going to be very annoyed if I don't see some signs of improvement soon.

The new Casowar staff is a lot of fun though.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've started levelling an Amprex, frak me it's so bad to start with. No useful amount of damage, no range, takes a week to reload... I'm going to be very annoyed if I don't see some signs of improvement soon.

The new Casowar staff is a lot of fun though.

you need sinister reach, rifle mutation, vital sense, point strike, bane of xxx,combustion beam (makes what you kill blow up dealing 600+dmg aoe) then gas dmg set up with your other card slots or corrosive depending on who your fighting with it. you can take or leave sinister reach. You should aim for high crit chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

you need sinister reach, rifle mutation, vital sense, point strike, bane of xxx,combustion beam (makes what you kill blow up dealing 600+dmg aoe) then gas dmg set up with your other card slots or corrosive depending on who your fighting with it. you can take or leave sinister reach. You should aim for high crit chance.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Amprex/t_30_00000000_140-3-5-156-1-5-159-2-5-403-0-3-560-4-5_403-5-156-9-159-9-140-9-560-9-f-f-f-f-f-f/en/2-0-47/

OK, even with one forma and a rejig of what I was using, I've managed to make it a much more effective weapon (also, I'd forgotten to stick a spud on it).

• Advertisement

It's one of those weapons that take a few forma to wreck **** up, it's great for solo farming survivals and excavations. I stuck a glass thingy on it for that skilll tree xp, not sure if that was a good or bad idea... never used one before.

Advertisement