Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'm in a fully researched clan but don't play much anymore. It's a remnant of WarBros (#1!) I'll forward your IGNs to my clan lead and he'll invite if there's any room.

Edit: Clan lead said you're still in a clan @Wossack. Invites can't be sent. @Justwinginit Steam name is useless.

hey sorry thought I replied yesterday - many thanks for that Rob! I wound up in a clan (pretty massive one, yet no real activity / mission running etc), so may change. Maybe could do with a newbie leveling one, as need to start trying to farm corrupted mods...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I started playing this this evening, ive done a load of missions, when do i start to get enough resources to craft new weapons/ assuming thats how i can get new gear etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You need to do missions on the planets that have the mats you will need for any particular blueprint. Have you gotten blueprints from either the store or mission rewards?

First step should be looking to unlock the different planets/areas as soon as possible to make the various mats attainable

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The best advice I can give is to race through unlocking all the planets which, in turn, unlocks all the quest content which, in turn, gives you access to good gear. Also, joining a clan will allow you access to a lot more weapons and Warframes assuming said clan has done their research (my clan has 3 members and we've got the research done on everything except the Bio Lab because the materials aren't plentiful in the earlier levels - most of which I provided the mats for by simply playing at my normal pace and rarely had to farm specific mats).

Having only finished the Second Dream a month ago, it unlocks a whole ton of new missions (finished The Silver Grove tonight) each of which rewards you with a new Warframe. I also finally got that Sands of Innaros out of the way (finding a final Juggernaut was a PITA). Also finished the initial Jordas Precept, so I'm gonna probably start farming Atlas parts soon enough.

Levelling up your Mastery Rank (the main "level cap" stat) happens every time you gain affinity with a weapon, a frame or a companion. You get no additional Mastery Rank XP if you've levelled a weapon, for example, and have applied a Forma to change the polarity of a mod slot (which resets the weapon's level back to 0). So, doing missions that reward you with blueprints for things will mean you'll almost always have something to build and/or some new toy to level up - even if it's not something you're particularly interested in using on a more permanent basis, you can level up something from 0 to 30 in 3 or 4 hours of play if you're settled in for the evening :)

Its a pretty engrossing experience, combat is really nice and the proceduraly generated maps ech mission is great, even if you repeat them for materials etc.
    I love looter games and shooters so you would think a looter shooter would be right up my street, i hoped the division would keep me interested longterm but it failed to do so.
    Yer man Skillup made a warframe review video recently which encouraged me to give it a go.
    Its easily one of the best F2P titles ive ever played, up there with Planetside2,path of exile,world of tanks etc.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any thoughts on the Plains of Eidolon expansion thus far? I skimmed around for a while last night, less than an hour. It's big, it's got some places that are a little tougher than others, but when you start to get missions to focus your attention, it comes into its own. Looking forward to spending a bit of time in it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've been playing it since it came out. Overall it's one of the best updates. Biggest downfalls is the matchmaking/sync system and bugs that can wipe out hours of progress. Right now you have to all leave the plains at the same time. For me this has been fine since I've only played with friends using mics but I hear no end of complains from others about it being awful design since you cannot extract without everyone agreeing. If just one other person decides they want to mine/whatever for another hour, you're staying there for another hour less you abort and lose all progress. Launching into the plains as a team is also broken for teaming up. The only way to do it is to launch invite-only session yourself in the plains then invite the friends. Rallying at the gate or even just being in the same instance in Cetus just doesn't work.

It's also just a pain in the hole having to return to Cetus to 'save' progress and get more quests. Not only is that practically ancient gameplay setup which I've not seen since 6-7th gen consoles it doesn't even make sense in the game world. During the Gara quest you get camera calls from the quest giver, so it's clear he's able to communicate with you wirelessly. But for some reason you need to see him in person to accept quests which makes you have to leave the plains (with everyone agreeing so), go through instance switch and disband/glitch out your squad, talk to him, enter plains and re-invite everyone again.

Fully agree with you.
    Once they iron out the bugs it will be fantastic, i had some amazing fun on some missions when i experienced no bugs only for the next outing in the plains to be a frustrating experience.
    But this expansion has showed how awesome warframe gameplay can be in an open world, i forsee a lot more similar content in the future.

Really awesome game though, makes a laugh of many so called triple A games,i have a RL friend totally addicted to the division and im constantly nagging him to get into WF.
    Im playing in a clan but its a huge clan so its hard to meet regular players to team up with, apart from that i cant get enough of it after putting in over 100 hours in about 4.5 weeks :P

Game is a huge time sink.

Ill be waiting till plains shows up on PS4,thats where my friends that play are. Hopefully its enough to get me back into the game for a bit.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Game is a huge time sink.

Ill be waiting till plains shows up on PS4,thats where my friends that play are. Hopefully its enough to get me back into the game for a bit.

Ive gone from WOW to WF and yes its just as much a time sink, but i enjoy it so much more.

• Advertisement

Warframe,Destiny 1 and now mostly Elite Dangerous,i seem to be embracing the grind these days too!!

Warframe is a great game,just takes a lot of hours to get the most from.

I was planning to buy destiny 2 on pc but im hearing theres is practically no endgame?

Put a lot of hours into destiny 1,not really blown away by the sequel. On the one hand they have lessened the grind which is nice but theres something about it thats just not clicking with me currently.

I agree with all the criticisms mentioned, but there's a lot of things they've made interesting that'll mean I can see myself spending a good bit of time playing. I've switched to Solo mode to avoid the delays for Rando Calrissian off on a merry hunt whilst the rest of us are trying to leave. I think they should just implement it like the regular missions - when 2 of 4 show up, the countdown starts and the group leave regardless of who's doing what.

Shiminay wrote: »
    when 2 of 4 show up, the countdown starts and the group leave regardless of who's doing what.

Would be better if individuals could leave the session at any time and not need to leave in a group. The whole sessions should be drop-in drop-out anyway.
    But yeah there's a lot to keep me coming back. So much to grind and, other than the bugs, most of it is relatively fun (at least when cooping with mics). The standing for the new syndicate is slow to grind because affinity boosters don't even work on it (which made me a little mad since I spent 200p on a 30 day booster for that)

Shield disruption works on Eidolons which we've been told it's not supposed to. So it will be patched out (if it hasn't already at the time of this posting) so me any clan have been hunting 2-3 Eidolons each night cycle whenever we can to get maximum pull of Eidolon shards and its other rare resources while we still can. With 100% shields the Eidolon takes too long to kill so you can usually only get one kill in per night cycle. I think I'll sell my spare Shield Disruption for about 200p while it's still desired and has extreme high value before it's nerfed.

Three bounties in a row just now failed thanks to bugs, poe is totally unplayable for me now, shockingly buggy.

That's disappointing :( I'm about to give it a go now (will probably do a solo to avoid stress and deploy a Spector or two). Might as well try grind for the new Warframe. Will see how I get on with it.

Latest patch notes reveal that Shield Disruption doesn't work on Teralyst anymore. The mod is useless again.

The latest hotfix has definitely added some nice quality of life features. The various vendors in Cetus are now highlighted in Orange on the minimap and whilst it's still quite laggy and choppy on a busy server, there've definitely been some improvements.

Fishing: Seems to me to be a total crock and waste of time and resources. Spent 30 minutes trying to find anything to catch (at the coast and then at the large central lakes) and could find nothing, even with the "dye" element to highlight them in the water. Not sure what the point of making the fish so scarce is, cause all it's doing it making sure I won't bother my hole if I can avoid it.

Mining: grand, you can do it as you're wandering around the world naturally which "fits" into the game without taking any appreciable amount of time to divert your attention away from a given mission.

Agree about the fishing, totally pointless exercise.

I see there was a few hotfixes added today but im still getting constant bugs, 14 attempts the last 3 days to get some bounties done and only 2 of them didnt bug out , its really shocking.
    Thought id try one more there now and matchmaking is fcuked now.

• Advertisement

I've been a lot more fortunate than you, the only time I lost some progress was when I was caught out with a massively underpowered frame and weapon set doing a bounty. Long story short, I got killed during the most recent hotfix deployment. Try doing the lower level one's solo and see if you can start building your standing - you don't need a huge amount for the lower tier ones - same as any other faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

for fishing, I reckon the best spot, is the small body of water just left when you exit cetus. The one with the small few grineer in the middle, and the geyser

fish wont start to spawn till you've equipped your spear - listen for the bubbling sounds when r-click aiming with the spear

was the best way to grind rep - though bounties may be a bit better now (doubled rep gain in the recent hotfix)

OK, so I think that either Fishing has been patched to be far more plentiful (as the 40 odd fish I just caught in a half hour would attest) or I've figured out what I was doing wrong (but didn't consciously do anything different). Either way, I'm happy enough and I feel like I could spend a half hour fishing and come up with some useful resources for time spent. Caught 2 large fishies too that I'm gonna keep and mount on a whatsit for decoration, cause I'm weird that way :P

Also: The Fashion Frame is real :D

430990.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just started this on PS4, gutted I have started so late. It's a lot of fun if a little daunting with so many menus, mods, blueprints etc. Did get a frost prime with having a twitch account. Seems better than my starting Excalibur frame.

What would be the best course of action for a beginner here. Should I just do the story bits and unlock the next planets? How do I unlock new abilities, does that come with levelling up over time?

Have you got all the modules for your ship? Foundry etc

If you have unlock the planets to gain access to mats to craft new gear. You can buy blueprints in the store on your ship for credits and you will get them as rewards as you go. Mods are very important,especially aura mods,if you see any alerts for them do them.

You unlock abilities for each frame as you level it.

There is a few of us on PS4 that play the game,not sure how regularly anymore but id jump on at some point to give ye a leg up if ye need it or just even to have a few games.

Planets all the way. Ploughing through them ASAP will get you into the real meat of the game. Don't worry about buying new gear, level everything up to 30 and then look at whatever you have blueprints for (you'll earn them from play) and switch to it. Even if you don't really dig the weapon, stick with it cause levelling weapons is how you level up your player account (Mastery Rank as it's called - this level will allow you access to better stuff).

But seriously, plough through the planets and the missions as they become available. Finishing "The Second Dream" should be your goal before tackling the Plains of Eidolon. But that's gonna take up the next hundred hours of your time :D

Im only playing 5 weeks or so but ive learned a lot along the way, its a very deep and at times confusing game, best advice to add to the above is have the warframe wiki open while you play.

slightly off topic but anyone any experience of destiny2 and more specifically endgame?

I had planned to buy it on PC but im hearing rumblings it has no endgame to speak of, if so thats me turned right off.

Destiny would want to be offering a lot of content to turn my head especially when they're looking for sixty quid for it and Warframe is free. That said, I have spent a few quid on the in-game currency to say thank you and to save a few hours of waiting for things to finish building.

Speaking of which, I'm currently rebuilding my clan dojo into something neat and not the sprawling mess of "Oh, that looks cool, I'll build it" that it was. It's going to take a fortnight just to get the power reactors built :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Downloaded this today seeing as so many of the Elite Dangerous folks are playing it. Looks the business and seems like its as deep as ED but wondering if there are any key rebinds I should do for thumb buttons on the mouse?

• Advertisement

Rebind primary fire's secondary binding to mousewheel up/down. It will allow you to full-auto semi-automatic firearms that have high rate of fire or you've modded to have so. You'll see the benefits of this mostly in Akvasto, Knell & Dual Toxocyst.

Rebind full-melee strike (when you're holding nothing but melee weapon) as left click/primary fire/MB1. It will make combos and melee overall feel more natural. E mashing is for scrubs. This benefits from the mousewheel trick I mentioned before. For things like Obex w/ attack speed mods you can mudamudamuda that shyte. Also right click/MB2 as block and I personally use Alt Left as channel toggle.

Friend of mine uses MB3 to enter Operator mode. I only have the default 'thumb button as back' in the options as ON because that thumb button is 'back' by default on my mouse for other activites, too. When I had more buttons on my previous mouse (before it got banjacked) I also had the view switch as a mouse button. That's when your camera changes shoulder for when you're turning to face hostile coming from the right side and wish to aim from the left side to have better tactical view. It's not essential since it's not a very tactical game however it works in 'first person' view when using weapons with scopes so... there's that.

Advertisement