Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

So. I've been focusing on playing catch up with the new (to me) content, which is quite a lot of the quests and associated unlocked systems. As part of that I got my first Riven mod, really easy unlock requirements that I was able to do in 10 mins. Great. Until it unlocked for the Zenith, which is only available as a daily tribute after 500 days of logins.

Considering the current counter doesn't include the majority of my time, from 2014, that means I should be able to use it in oh about 450 more days.

W
    T
    F
    DE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

There tradeable so i think the idea is you might look to trade one thats no use to you for one that is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, get yourself to http://warframe.market and make some platinum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

https://riven.market/ is a good place to sell unveiled Rivens.

There is also an easy Gift of the Lotus survival missions for the next 20 hours that gives a melee riven as a reward.

Thanks folks on the advice, fear not ( as I'm sure you were) I got the melee Riven Venom described for a Weapon i'd just built. I'm still working towards the first lvl 30 on that weapon but it definitely shows a lot of promise. I'm in a GhostSquared clan, we we were small to begin with but now really only 3 of us play even intermittently (the majority of them are US). We link up every few months but from a research/dev PoV things go slowly and in relay. So after my initial bitching about RNG assbuggery it was really nice to get this 2nd Riven for one of the clan weapons I effectively self-financed.
    From WTF to
    W
    P
    DE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I find myself in a clan which is pretty much just me these days.
    I'm MR 15 with a lot of frames / mods etc.
    I wouldn't mind joining a clan and teaming up with some other players for some Eidolon hunting, ESO. I know nothing about Eidolon hunting although I've got all the frames.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I tried to get into it again, and once again had no clue what i was doing. Went to the Plains of Eidolon and did some random missions, as that seemed to be the only place i could go to that wasn't a mission i had already completed (or that i think i have completed...it't not really clear). It was pretty fun, and the combat and movement are very good, but still left me baffled what i was supposed to do next.

As for all the currencies and crafting, good luck with that.

Kiith wrote: »
    I tried to get into it again, and once again had no clue what i was doing. Went to the Plains of Eidolon and did some random missions, as that seemed to be the only place i could go to that wasn't a mission i had already completed (or that i think i have completed...it't not really clear). It was pretty fun, and the combat and movement are very good, but still left me baffled what i was supposed to do next.

I think you need to go through Cetus and take the bounties, that's pretty much telling you what to do. The free roam is for fishing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have you unlocked all the planets?

I would start going through the Quests. Besides the Lore they will open up a lot of new elements for you at a pace that should make it easier to absorb. Also there are a fair few free frames along the way. Some of them are tedious tbh but the canon central ones (The Second Dream, The War Within etc.) are excellent and again open up some fairly critical advancement options.

Oh and one thing I'd start now, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Extractor . It's a fairly simple way to obtain resources, just get some BPs from the market (reusable so one of each), build them as you can ( I have 4 distil and 2 titans to rotate when they take damage) and deploy either in game or better still via the mobile warframe app (it takes all of 60 seconds to collect and redeploy).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to have the wiki open while playing.
    Utterly amazing game buy terrible for new players.

Dcully wrote: »
    I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to have the wiki open while playing.

This ^^

For all the things that warframe does well, explaining how the basic game works to new/returning players is not one of them.

Kiith run the new quests which can be accessed via the Codex terminal as this will get you new frames and some other abilities needed for end game stuff. You should also run relic missions as this will get you parts to craft the prime versions of weapons and warframe and you can sell spares for plat on the market.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So true. I tried the game last year and gave up after a handful of missions not knowing what I was supposed to be doing.

Started playing it again recently and sticking with it this time - the base gameplay loop is very addictive and that bullet jump is one of the most satisfying gameplay mechanics I've played.

The wiki is invaluable as mentioned and there's some decent YT guides about, I'd be lost without them.

Only on Mercury and half way to MR3 but I'm hooked. Loving my newly crafted Boltor. :)

Oh and thanks for mentioning the mobile app, not at home but I can see I've only 25 mins left before my Orthos is ready. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Get the Lenz bow for exploding a whole room full of mobs, and also yourself if your not careful :P
    It only comes with 7 rounds so get the pet thingy that steals rounds from downed enemies and you have infinite ammo :)

Get the Lenz bow for exploding a whole room full of mobs, and also yourself if your not careful :P
    It only comes with 7 rounds so get the pet thingy that steals rounds from downed enemies and you have infinite ammo :)

Doesn't it have innate ammo conversion? This one is on my list for the weekend, just need to collect a few more resources for it but it does look fun.

I fking despised having to level up the Lenz, such an awful weapon :P Now if you want to *actually* melt room-fulls of enemies, you need a maxed Amprex with a few Formas on it. It's honestly hilarious how quickly things die and you barely need to aim.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I fking despised having to level up the Lenz, such an awful weapon :P Now if you want to *actually* melt room-fulls of enemies, you need a maxed Amprex with a few Formas on it. It's honestly hilarious how quickly things die and you barely need to aim.

OOoooh, yes!. After coming back I finally moved on from my beloved Soma to a 6x Forma'd Amprex as my go-to, no Riven but a heavy crit build. When I was deliberately express forma/levelling it I would head to infestation survivals, the most I did in one go (with an affinity booster to be fair) was from 0 to 27. That stands to the pure base power of the thing.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I fking despised having to level up the Lenz, such an awful weapon tongue.png Now if you want to *actually* melt room-fulls of enemies, you need a maxed Amprex with a few Formas on it. It's honestly hilarious how quickly things die and you barely need to aim.

This is so wrong :p

I hate bows but the Lenz is fun as hell. Have you used it since the revamp?

The Amprex is insane with a few forma and with the correct build its epic but the Arca Plasmor is deffo up there with it as a room clearer and performs slightly better for sortie runs imho.

Oh yea, my Arca Plasmor is my go-to for tough missions. I have it kitted out for taking on Eidolons doing 9k+ rad damage a shot. There's room for another couple of Forma.

I was delighted to sell the Lenz as soon as I was finished hitting lvl 30 with it and will never go back, it felt like a job having to level it up. At least I could switch to my Akbolto Primes to dakka my way through a level whilst ignoring that fking thing. Felt the same about the Latron, the Karak Wraith and that recent one the Veldt. :D

I'll keep my 4 forma ignus, if you don't mind. Although, tbh, with Maiming strike and Atterax, I rarely have to shoot anything.
    Just played an hour of void survival EVing with Trinity with Nidus and Chroma. I had 50% of the team's damage. Yeah, I think Maiming strike breaks the game. Also out 7 forma into my Opticore, just for fun.

• Advertisement

I'll keep my 4 forma ignus, if you don't mind. Although, tbh, with Maiming strike and Atterax, I rarely have to shoot anything.
    Just played an hour of void survival EVing with Trinity with Nidus and Chroma. I had 50% of the team's damage. Yeah, I think Maiming strike breaks the game. Also out 7 forma into my Opticore, just for fun.

Neither the Atterax or Opticore clicked with me and like the Lenz heathen above, I dumped both once I ground them to 30.

For melee, my go to is a rivened Plague Kirpath Zaw build modded for 100% status, condition overload and range. It just melts level 150's in seconds :D

Venom wrote: »
    Neither the Atterax or Opticore clicked with me and like the Lenz heathen above, I dumped both once I ground them to 30.

For melee, my go to is a rivened Plague Kirpath Zaw build modded for 100% status, condition overload and range. It just melts level 150's in seconds :D

I have build a Zaw too, but it's not even close to what i get with this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34BTbPkMYKI

I have build a Zaw too, but it's not even close to what i get with this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34BTbPkMYKI

My Zaw's damage gets boosted by CO for every status effect on a mob, the range puts it on all the mobs and the crit bonus thats always on from my frames arcanes means it's red crit city and then the aoe damage from my Zaws arcane kicks in every other hit which is a silly % due to mob density :D

My Zaw's damage gets boosted by CO for every status effect on a mob, the range puts it on all the mobs and the crit bonus thats always on from my frames arcanes means it's red crit city and then the aoe damage from my Zaws arcane kicks in every other hit which is a silly % due to mob density :D

Do you have maiming strike?
    I've read this argument before here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6rh7gp/weapons_with_condition_overload_or_maiming_strike/

Also, you say every other hit, I think that's the issue I have with CO builds, yes they can take out high levels, but you always need 2 shots on average level mobs. Using the combo counter to boost crit damage by almost 12 times, means I one-shot levels high and low, this means for me that my dailies go faster, alerts go faster, farming goes faster, pretty much every piece of content goes faster.

What is this AoE you speak of? Gas?

Do you have maiming strike?
    I've read this argument before here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6rh7gp/weapons_with_condition_overload_or_maiming_strike/

Also, you say every other hit, I think that's the issue I have with CO builds, yes they can take out high levels, but you always need 2 shots on average level mobs. Using the combo counter to boost crit damage by almost 12 times, means I one-shot levels high and low, this means for me that my dailies go faster, alerts go faster, farming goes faster, pretty much every piece of content goes faster.

What is this AoE you speak of? Gas?

I meant every other hit in relation to the Exodia Force arcane on the Zaw, which gives a 50% chance to deal 200% weapon damage every time it hits. The Arcane Avenger on my Warframe is what gives the crazy red crit damage which when added on top of the extra status damage from CO which is also on top of the 722 corrosive and 110 viral damage from the weapon itself, just shreds everything in the room in seconds.

It's been known for a while Maiming Strike is seriously getting nerfed in the melee revamp which is why I didn't go that route.

It's been known for a while Maiming Strike is seriously getting nerfed in the melee revamp which is why I didn't go that route.

Yeah, it probably will be. Took my Zaw out for a lunch-time spin, tried out a hybrid of maiming strike CO. Nothing to write home about, no red or orange crits and I found myself having to go back and finish off some mobs.

I'm sure I'll have to get used to a CO build at some stage, but I think I'll wait until I have to.
    I think for 99.99% of the available content the crit build and being able to keep your combo counter's multiplier is absolutely the fastest way to go, if you don't mind your left hand turning into a claw :)

I meant every other hit in relation to the Exodia Force arcane on the Zaw, which gives a 50% chance to deal 200% weapon damage every time it hits. The Arcane Avenger on my Warframe is what gives the crazy red crit damage which when added on top of the extra status damage from CO which is also on top of the 722 corrosive and 110 viral damage from the weapon itself, just shreds everything in the room in seconds.

Here's some info about force:

Exodia Force is the worst of them all. It is laughably bad and is the equivalent of putting on a sparkler firework at the end of your Zaw.

Facts about the mod:

It deals 150% of base weapon damage, so around 100-150 damage for most Zaws.

It is not affected by any mods except critical multiplier, but three times practically nothing is still nothing.

The explosion effect cannot proc status effects.

It has falloff.

Under no logical circumstances should you ever put that on your Zaw. Unless you want random explosions when you melee for fashion.

Here's some info about force:

Exodia Force is the worst of them all. It is laughably bad and is the equivalent of putting on a sparkler firework at the end of your Zaw.

Facts about the mod:

It deals 150% of base weapon damage, so around 100-150 damage for most Zaws.

It is not affected by any mods except critical multiplier, but three times practically nothing is still nothing.

The explosion effect cannot proc status effects.

It has falloff.

Under no logical circumstances should you ever put that on your Zaw. Unless you want random explosions when you melee for fashion.

Force was changed a few patches ago. It's pretty good now and procs like crazy for me, so as far as I'm concerned its free bonus damage.

The Acolyte event where the crazy desirable and super expensive mods like Maiming Strike and Argon Scope drop, is running for the next few days. Get farming if you want to get them or make easy plat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Is there any clan or boardsies planning on PS4. After playing a good bit on PS4 and really enjoying it. Would be good to play with a few people regularly rather than rando’s all the time.

Advertisement