Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Senior Football Quarter-Final: Dublin v Cork - 3/8/2013 7pm Croke Park

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinmackem

realies wrote: »
    Every time Dublin win a match you have posters coming on and saying ,ah sure they won't do that against insert the upcoming game, Dublin have been the most constant winning team so far this year and they have beaten everyone of the Top teams, albeit some of the games were in the league.

Spot on, Dublin have been so impressive all year and even though there were some elements yesterday that I wasn't happy with; I don't see any signs of it stopping or anyone who would beat us now, some lad even posted "what if cluxton gets injured" ridiculous statement, you could use that for any player of any county sure, don't think jim gavin is there re-jigging his plans in case cluxton gets injured. I reckon Kerry would be the toughest test all year and it will go close but I'm confident Dublin have the edge, and the likes of the chizzlers McCaffrey, Mannion and Rock; they are just gaining momentum every game, mcmenamin is just a secret weapon also, honestly can't see anyone to stop the Dubs going purely on the squad and performance this year to date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

If Cluxton gets injured they have probably the second best keeper in the country in Supple to replace him while Mannion will take over the free taking mantle eventually anyway. McCaffrey must be a shoe in for young player of the year now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

If Cluxton gets injured they have probably the second best keeper in the country in Supple to replace him while Mannion will take over the free taking mantle eventually anyway. McCaffrey must be a shoe in for young player of the year now too.

First quiet game from mannion all year, if he goes well in the sf he'll run jack close but what a position to be in all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

To the insane Cork fan who was sitting next to myself yesterday in Croke Park, thank you. The mad rants were almost as entertaining as the match itself! Highlights include:

"MY COUNTY FREEEEEEEEED THIS COUNTRY, BAAAAIII!!!"

"AH FOR F*CK SAKE, BAI! GET STUCK INTO HIM, YOU'RE NOT PLAYING F*CKING GOLF! TIS A CONTACT SPORT, LADS!"

"AH, REFEREE! YOU'RE A WOEFUL LANGER!"

"AH HERE, REFEREEEEEEEEE! LOOK AT THAT ON THE TELEVISION LATER! IT WILL TURN YOUR TEEEEEEA SOUR!"

"I WILL SUPPORT MY COUNTY HOWEVER I WANT, YOU F*CKING DUB!"

(Cork are awarded a '45; Stephen Cluxton has been prolific today from '45 and frees) "AH, STEEEEPHEN. WILL YOU COME OUT AND TAKE IT FOR US?! JUST FOR THE CRAIC, LIKE?!"

"PLAY FOOTBALL, LADS! PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL. SPOOOOORTING BEHAVIOUR!!!"

and so on. Absolute classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

DazMarz wrote: »
    To the insane Cork fan who was sitting next to myself yesterday in Croke Park, thank you. The mad rants were almost as entertaining as the match itself! Highlights include:

"MY COUNTY FREEEEEEEEED THIS COUNTRY, BAAAAIII!!!"

"AH FOR F*CK SAKE, BAI! GET STUCK INTO HIM, YOU'RE NOT PLAYING F*CKING GOLF! TIS A CONTACT SPORT, LADS!"

"AH, REFEREE! YOU'RE A WOEFUL LANGER!"

"AH HERE, REFEREEEEEEEEE! LOOK AT THAT ON THE TELEVISION LATER! IT WILL TURN YOUR TEEEEEEA SOUR!"

"I WILL SUPPORT MY COUNTY HOWEVER I WANT, YOU F*CKING DUB!"

(Cork are awarded a '45; Stephen Cluxton has been prolific today from '45 and frees) "AH, STEEEEPHEN. WILL YOU COME OUT AND TAKE IT FOR US?! JUST FOR THE CRAIC, LIKE?!"

"PLAY FOOTBALL, LADS! PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL. SPOOOOORTING BEHAVIOUR!!!"

and so on. Absolute classic.

We are an entertaining bunch alright :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DazMarz wrote: »
    To the insane Cork fan

Every county has a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Every county has a few.

Some more than others;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

corny wrote: »
    Some more than others;)

Ah now, that's only cause there are over a million dubs...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Does McCaffrey play soccer? He's got pace to burn and great ball control.

Lennonist wrote: »
    Does McCaffrey play soccer? He's got pace to burn and great ball control.

I would say after that Meath forward he is the fastest player I have seen in championship. I reckon he is definitely faster than Darren O Sullivan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Amprodude wrote: »
    I would say after that Meath forward he is the fastest player I have seen in championship. I reckon he is definitely faster than Darren O Sullivan.

David Beggy?

Lennonist wrote: »
    David Beggy?

Eamon Wallace, just couldn't think of his name earlier. Serious pace. He just takes off once he gets ball.

Advertisement