Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Senior Football Quarter-Final: Dublin v Cork - 3/8/2013 7pm Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dublin glory hunters are keeping Cork in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Brolly laughed at the blatant cheating in this match.

There's an anti Dublin brigade lurching in the background for years who were in the shadows as the Dubs weren't playing well but they're back in full force it seems.
    90% of Dublin games if there's a match on before the Dubs play, both teams will be supporting Dublins opponents.

That's because the Dubs are the GAA equivalent of the England football team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Brolly laughed at the blatant cheating in this match.

What's the difference between shields and the biggest cheat in the whole wide world ie Sean cavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What's the difference between shields and the biggest cheat in the whole wide world ie Sean cavanagh

Both cheated to stop the opposition scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Shields got away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

There's an anti Dublin brigade lurching in the background for years who were in the shadows as the Dubs weren't playing well but they're back in full force it seems.
    90% of Dublin games if there's a match on before the Dubs play, both teams will be supporting Dublins opponents.

Thats hardly new news!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Wow. Someone feeling a tad paranoid? What makes you think that Tyrone and Monaghan are not supporting Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Shields could have lifted himself up and put his foot under it, he panicked. Sean Cavanagh saw an opponent going through on goal and hauled him to the ground. As a neutral of all counties involved* I can say they are no where near the same.

*being non-dublin normally carries a variable bias against dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Brolly's a legend. The Eamonn Dunphy of Gaa :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

That's because the Dubs are the GAA equivalent of the England football team.
    English fans are disgraceful. Outside of a few gob****es who manage to get a ticket for the hill in the later stages Dublin fans are decent.
    There's a lot worse counties I could mention whos fans are an absolute disgrace to their county.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good game this, Cork a bit one dimensional, they need a goal but I can see Dublin taking this be 5 or 6. Couple of goals in them.

English fans are disgraceful. Outside of a few gob****es who manage to get a ticket for the hill in the later stages Dublin fans are decent.
    There's a lot worse counties I could mention whos fans are an absolute disgrace to their county.

Go on

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thats hardly new news!
    yop wrote: »
    Wow. Someone feeling a tad paranoid? What makes you think that Tyrone and Monaghan are not supporting Dublin?
    See, it's expected.

People love saying the Dubs have the advantage of playing at "home", yet nobody ever remarks how they often have to take abuse of 3 sets of fans.
    The Dubs are the real rebel county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Everything I said about Cork has happened,bar i thought they would be changes before hand.

Our midfield are woeful,undymanic,mccauley is destroying AoC.

Pearse O Neill is not much better.Not only can we not win ball,but our midfield cant track back,not for the lack of want,but lack of pace.It is cruel,and soul destroying as a cork fan to watch Alan o connor.I dont blame him,i blame the manager who picked him.

We have a half forward line that are like fish out of water,Walsh is out of the game.

Everybody can see Cadogan is in trouble.

But again our clueless manager cant see the changes that need to be made.

Forget about the score,we are haunted and should be 3 goals down.It is torture to watch,when its clear as day,changes MUST be made.

You can ride your luck for only so long.Out of the frying pan,in to the fire,kissane on now.Jamie sul should be on.

More than just "a few gobsh!tes", I'd say, judging by the jeering and booing every time Cork had a free-in in the first half.

Go on
    I won't name them out of respect for the decent fans, but there's a team whos fans like to march down to croke park wearing cowboy hats like rednecks and try to rile up the Dublin fans. They turn around in their seats and roar at any Dublin supporter (man, woman or child) after scoring shouting awful abuse, "ye jackeen dublin bollox" ect.
    They seem like they're there for a fight against the "free state bastards" rather than support their own county!

A joke Pearse at full forward,no kerrigan,kissane burned already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Dublin should have this game over, spurning far too many goal chances. Cork defence is awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lovely taken goal

• Advertisement

See, it's expected.

People love saying the Dubs have the advantage of playing at "home", yet nobody ever remarks how they often have to take abuse of 3 sets of fans.
    The Dubs are the real rebel county.

Think you need to lighten up, who said are playing at home? One poster.
    They are playing in their own county, makes life a lot easier to travel, that can't be denied.

Take abuse, they are big men, not girls in blouses, are you of the impression that the Dubs don't dish out abuse?

Cork is the rebel county, even the dog knows that.

Anyway, your dragging this a mile away from the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

**** sake dubs take your points

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brilliant finish

Great goal, game needed that.

Fully deserved goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Finally. They could be five points up instead of trying to be 15 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Great goal, if Cork don't respond quickly then it could turn into a hammering.

yop wrote: »
    Think you need to lighten up, who said are playing at home? One poster.
    They are playing in their own county, makes life a lot easier to travel, that can't be denied.

Take abuse, they are big men, not girls in blouses, are you of the impression that the Dubs don't dish out abuse?

Cork is the rebel county, even the dog knows that.

Anyway, your dragging this a mile away from the match.
    I'm just making the point, but anyway back on topic.
    Great goal. Come on the Dubs!

I won't name them out of respect for the decent fans, but there's a team whos fans like to march down to croke park wearing cowboy hats like rednecks and try to rile up the Dublin fans. They turn around in their seats and roar at any Dublin supporter (man, woman or child) after scoring shouting awful abuse, "ye jackeen dublin bollox" ect.
    They seem like they're there for a fight against the "free state bastards" rather than support their own county!

Ha narrows it down to 6....fair enough Teddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Shields could have lifted himself up and put his foot under it, he panicked. Sean Cavanagh saw an opponent going through on goal and hauled him to the ground. As a neutral of all counties involved* I can say they are no where near the same.

*being non-dublin normally carries a variable bias against dublin.
    I disagree....both saw a near certain goal on the cards for their opponents and broke the rules to prevent it.
    I don't understand the rage against cavanagh and not against shields tbh

Advertisement