Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Senior Football Quarter-Final: Dublin v Cork - 3/8/2013 7pm Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

How Dean Rock doesn't start is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Why are cork commiting fouls when ganging around Dublin players? They should gang around without making contact and force Dublin to hold the ball for too long, ala Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I think it's pretty unfair to call Dublin's shots on goal glory hunting. Goals win games, forwards are supposed to have the confidence to take on difficult shots so I think they were justified in going for them. They've just had one of those days where the ball hasn't been going in due to good keeping, last ditch defending and some bad luck. I'm glad they haven't gone in though, makes for a great last 15 minutes or so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Think taking Canty off should have been sooner.Lacks pace at this stage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cork wasteful, kicking game away, next score important

• Advertisement

I think it's pretty unfair to call Dublin's shots on goal glory hunting. Goals win games, forwards are supposed to have the confidence to take on difficult shots so I think they were justified in going for them. They've just had one of those days where the ball hasn't been going in due to good keeping, last ditch defending and some bad luck. I'm glad they haven't gone in though, makes for a great last 15 minutes or so.

Dubs are number 1 county for creating goal chances. They have the pace for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Oldest adage in football. Take your points & the goals will come.
    McCluskey has been like a headless chicken in front of goal, a better team would have punished their wastefulness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Quirke ...jaysus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Some of Cork's players look disinterested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,669 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Goulding really could have went low there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

3 of those shots had far better placed players in scoring positions, you play the odds.

They're having one of those days when they're playing cork, not some also-rans in leinster. Goals aren't going to come easy so make the best of the chances you get or rue them later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Goulding really could should have went low there.

fyp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,669 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kissane...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Shambles by Cork

Ffs wasteful from cork. Chance gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Diabolical miss Kissane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Credit where credit is due, this is a great game of 'football' compared to the last shiote. Being played as it should.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Credit where credit is due, this is a great game of 'football' compared to the last shiote. Being played as it should.

Its better but not great to be honest, some shocking wasteful ball and misses.

yop wrote: »
    Its better but not great to be honest, some shocking wasteful ball and misses.

But the attitude. No cynicism at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The shots in this game are shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Everyting i said about kissane has been proven.Couinhan a disgrace as a manager.

V true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Dublin are much much better.

Poor and tired attitude from cork. Chasing the game constantly

That's because they are behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Put either of these teams in against Tyrone & there would only be 1 winner.
    Game is played in good spirit, but a lack of clinical finishing on both sides will cost dearly in the semi final

Bit harsh. Tired maybe but not poor. They're giving their all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Another awful effort in front of goal by Cork.

Isn't this the time Cork got Galway.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    That's because they are behind.

That's why they are behind

Fyp

Advertisement