Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Would you have a link to a guide or at least the install file? I flashed CyanogenMod 11 onto mine but want to check out L so will need to do it manually.

Download file here.
    A good guide is here. Very easy to install.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Currently running the Developer Preview and it is perfect bar the odd app crash.

Can't wait to get the final build!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Just installed it, is double tap to wake not there for N7? :(

Just installed it, is double tap to wake not there for N7? :(

No, I thought it would be as well. Hopefully it's not a Nexus 9 exclusive and will be there for public release build.

No, I thought it would be as well. Hopefully it's not a Nexus 9 exclusive and will be there for public release build.

Ah sickened, hope to God it will be available for the proper release :( Another Q have they still not added the option to display battery percentage in the status bar?

• Advertisement

Ah sickened, hope to God it will be available for the proper release :( Another Q have they still not added the option to display battery percentage in the status bar?

I don't actually know. Didn't really go looking through settings for the option as it never bothered me.

I don't actually know. Didn't really go looking through settings for the option as it never bothered me.

No unfortunately they haven't which is a real shame!

I read online that it will be available to all devices running Android Lollipop.

However I personally always thought it was a hardware based feature.

I guess we'll find out Monday once Lollipop starts rolling out!

I read online that it will be available to all devices running Android Lollipop.

However I personally always thought it was a hardware based feature.

I guess we'll find out Monday once Lollipop starts rolling out!

It can def work with the 7 its enabled via a tweak to the kernel there's a few custom ones that have double tap enabled for it. Wouldn't chance that kinda in depth tweaking myself through.

It can def work with the 7 its enabled via a tweak to the kernel there's a few custom ones that have double tap enabled for it. Wouldn't chance that kinda in depth tweaking myself through.

Oh really? That's great news!

I think that's a pretty cool feature, knock on your device to check the time.

Would be kinda negated for me as I've a case with a sleep wake magnet on my tablet.

• Advertisement

Oh really? That's great news!

I think that's a pretty cool feature, knock on your device to check the time.

Would be kinda negated for me as I've a case with a sleep wake magnet on my tablet.

I actually would find it very hard to do without it after using it on my 1+, even for unlocking its great no messing with cumbersome buttons especially for the N7.

I actually would find it very hard to do without it after using it on my 1+, even for unlocking its great no messing with cumbersome buttons especially for the N7.

Yeah, I find the Nexus 7 power button to be very awkwardly placed.

I find the Nexus 7 to be annoying to wake without the double tap feature as well. I too own a Oneplus one and when i go to use the Nexus, I keep double tapping and I'm like "damn I can't do it on this device". So hopefully they do implement it into the full release version.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Battery Percentage? I used this for a good bit back on KitKat, doesn't need root.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kroegerama.android4batpercent

Says it works on L too, but haven't tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is it just me or has the 32gb version of the nexus become very scarce all of a sudden? Been looking for a replacement one in a bricks and mortar shop for a while now

Bambi wrote: »
    Is it just me or has the 32gb version of the nexus become very scarce all of a sudden? Been looking for a replacement one in a bricks and mortar shop for a while now

Was impossible to get mine too, gone from everywhere, finally got one off Argos UK. Next day Expansys had a load in

http://www.expansys.ie/asus-google-nexus-7-2013-32gb-wi-fi-252388/

Installed that battery thing for KikKat and Lollipop, rebooting and now I see this! :)

lvOUhau.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Mine still hasn't got the 5.1 update. Mine is unlocked and rooted so does that stop the OTA? If so can anyone link me to the 5.1 download please?

Mourinho wrote: »
    Mine still hasn't got the 5.1 update. Mine is unlocked and rooted so does that stop the OTA? If so can anyone link me to the 5.1 download please?

Straight from google. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Nice one thanks :) Oh am I safe to go straight from 5.0 developer version to 5.1 or do I need to go in each increment?

• Advertisement

Mourinho wrote: »
    Nice one thanks :) Oh am I safe to go straight from 5.0 developer version to 5.1 or do I need to go in each increment?

You can go straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭creedp

I am trying to understand why when i have only a few songs downloaded to my Nexus there is currently 3.12 gb of data in my google play music app. When I am in the app and select downloaded music only a long list of music which I uploaded from laptop to google play music appears but only a handful of songs have the little pin symbol attached. My question is why are all the other songs also listed and are these the reason why the app has so much data?

How do I delete these songs? If I delete the data while in the app will this solve the problem and will it have any impact on the music saved on google play music?

Sorry for non technical language but I'm that kind of person!

Thanks for advice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

creedp wrote: »
    I am trying to understand why when i have only a few songs downloaded to my Nexus there is currently 3.12 gb of data in my google play music app. When I am in the app and select downloaded music only a long list of music which I uploaded from laptop to google play music appears but only a handful of songs have the little pin symbol attached. My question is why are all the other songs also listed and are these the reason why the app has so much data?

How do I delete these songs? If I delete the data while in the app will this solve the problem and will it have any impact on the music saved on google play music?

Sorry for non technical language but I'm that kind of person!

Thanks for advice

It'll cache some songs that you play on it regardless of if you pin it or not. If you go into settings of the app you can clear the cache.

It'll cache some songs that you play on it regardless of if you pin it or not. If you go into settings of the app you can clear the cache.

Thanks. When I look at app info the cache is 204 kb while the data is 3.24gb. For those who know about these things how many songs would be required for this much data?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

creedp wrote: »
    Thanks. When I look at app info the cache is 204 kb while the data is 3.24gb. For those who know about these things how many songs would be required for this much data?

At approx 4mb per song,you are looking at about 800 songs

At approx 4mb per song,you are looking at about 800 songs

Must be something else going on so as I don't have that many songs. If I clear the data while in 'App info' will that solve my problem without deleting anything from my google music?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

lads,
    I'm having problems with something eating the memory of my Nexus 7(2013).
    it has been working great since 5.1 & Twrp recovery, BUT it's just that something seems to be eating memory.
    According to the Disk usage app/ my system folder is an incredible 4GB now, usually it's about 1GB. Apart from a factory reset, which is probably what I will do after 5.1.1, is there a way to reduce the size of system folder?
    G8TL3U.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

After a factory reset, system folder was still massive.
    But eventually found the problem, I had previously done a TWRP backup on my phone and never deleted it since. So obvious when you find it :-(
    RN6IdU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Sorry if posted before. My nexus 7 is really laggy after lollipop update. Tired of these updates fecking things up and you can't undo them. I cleared the cache in recovery mode but no good.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

There has been plenty of posts. Best thing is probably go back and read them, as you will learn from others experiences.

Advertisement