Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options
  • 29-07-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Mark.87

I’m waiting patiently for it (and a Chromecast) to appear in the Play Store!!!

I’m probably only going to go for the Wi-Fi version but I’m sure Google know better than not to introduce a LTE version in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Mark.87 wrote: »
    I’m waiting patiently for it (and a Chromecast) to appear in the Play Store!!!

Are you waiting for it to appear in the Irish or UK play store? I ask only in case I missed something where they said they're going to start selling devices in Ireland.

Are you waiting for it to appear in the Irish or UK play store? I ask only in case I missed something where they said they're going to start selling devices in Ireland.

Spain & UK
    I never really use the Play Store in Ireland except for apps, its far to restricted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm in Canada/US in mid-September. Would there be any issues with me picking one up there and then activating it on the Irish Play Store?

• Advertisement

I'm in Canada/US in mid-September. Would there be any issues with me picking one up there and then activating it on the Irish Play Store?

Expect for having the wrong power socket not with the Wi-Fi versions (I have an Android tablet form the US).

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Mark.87 wrote: »
    Expect for having the wrong power socket not with the Wi-Fi versions (I have an Android tablet form the US).

This. I bought my Wi-Fi only Nexus 7 in the states and there were no issues at all. The only change was Google Now being able to do less when I got back here :pac:

lemansky wrote: »
    This. I bought my Wi-Fi only Nexus 7 in the states and there were no issues at all. The only change was Google Now being able to do less when I got back here :pac:

"OK Google - stop restricting non-US customers"

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daveq

What's the chances of this being released here before the end of August?

It's my wifes birthday at the end of August and I was holding out on getting her one.

If its not out in time I suppose I'll go for a 1st Gen, the price by then should have fallen enough to justify one over the 2013 model. Should it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Hantipants

Im on the fence about whether or not to order the new nexus from the US. It works out around 260 euro including postage and customs charges for the 16gb model so it isnt too expensive. Is there any word on what the price will be when i eventually comes to ireland?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Any word on when the LTE version will land in the US? Will I be able to use it on mobile networks here(looking at going with 3 for it)?

The sister's stateside for the next couple of weeks. Will she be able to just wander into Best Buy and grab one like?

How long is a piece of string, I know :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

it looks like 2 of the bands will be supported by irish LTE (3 & 8)
    On 800 Mhz we'll have everyone but 3
    On 1800 Mhz we'll have everyone but o2 from 2015

(using data from here, here and finally here.)

€148 ... great deal, even for an out-of-date model keeping in mind that its upgradable to Android 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Just bought the 32g model from eBay, worked out at €278 plus I'll probably get stung for a couple of quid on customs. When it launches in the UK the price will probably be £240 which isn't too far off what I am paying...I'll hopefully have of by next Friday Aug 7th... Can't wait :-)

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Just bought the 32g model from eBay, worked out at €278 plus I'll probably get stung for a couple of quid on customs. When it launches in the UK the price will probably be £240 which isn't too far off what I am paying...I'll hopefully have of by next Friday Aug 7th... Can't wait :-)

Nexus 7 32gb can be pre-ordered for £230 (~€260) from PC World. Your customs charge will be ~€70. So you're paying nearly €100 extra rather than waiting a few weeks. Not to mention you'll have difficulty dealing with warranty returns etc. Tbh I don't think I need it that bad, but I guess others do! :p

Nexus 7 32gb can be pre-ordered for £230 (~€260) from PC World. Your customs charge will be ~€70. So you're paying nearly €100 extra rather than waiting a few weeks. Not to mention you'll have difficulty dealing with warranty returns etc. Tbh I don't think I need it that bad, but I guess others do! :p

I know but I hate waiting, not worried about the warranty, looking forward to getting it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BartSim

Just checked a moment ago and pcworld.ie will have both (16GB & 32GB) models for 250eu and 300eu in September.

16GB version:
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ASUS-Google-Nexus-7-16-GB/315665/2.9

32GB version:
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/GOOGLE-Nexus-7-32-GB/315666/2.9

More expensive than the first version of Nexus 7 (I bought mine - with 32GB - for 239eu.) in my opinion, but I'm still interested to buy a new one ;)

BartSim wrote: »
    Just checked a moment ago and pcworld.ie will have both (16GB & 32GB) models for 250eu and 300eu in September.

16GB version:
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ASUS-Google-Nexus-7-16-GB/315665/2.9

32GB version:
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/GOOGLE-Nexus-7-32-GB/315666/2.9

More expensive than the first version of Nexus 7 (I bought mine - with 32GB - for 239eu.) in my opinion, but I'm still interested to buy a new one ;)

That makes me feel a bit better, I'll only be paying €50 extra to have it at least a month earlier :-)

• Advertisement

They will sell them at the price that they think they can sell their stock at. If they think it's that price, so be it. You can always buy elsewhere! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Launch price for the original model was 259 EUR for the 16 GB model.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/79657665

The 8 gig model last year was only available via play store at launch.
    If I recall correctly price dropped by about 30 EUR just before Christmas and they 'upgraded' the standard model from 16 to 32 GB at the same price.

I'm pretty sure it will be at most £199/£239 for the 16/32gb since that's the price in stores. Can't really see it being much cheaper on the play store, if at all, especially with the play store also charging for delivery.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is there any disadvantage in getting the one from the States?
    If I got it brought back by a friend.

Warranty and charger?....

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

According to their facebook page, MobiCity UK will be stocking this from tomorrow! Link to item on their site:
    http://www.mobicity.co.uk/google-nexus-7-2-16gb-wifi.html

EDIT: Just saw the price, £290. Are they importing them from the states and raising the prices?

• Site Banned Posts: 87 ✭✭F35

According to their facebook page, MobiCity UK will be stocking this from tomorrow! Link to item on their site:

Thanks for the link,

Edit: Ouch, did not see that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

EDIT: Just saw the price, £290. Are they importing them from the states and raising the prices?

What a complete rip off :(

• Advertisement

What a complete rip off :(

And yet they will probably still sell out....
    It’s amazing how many people won’t wait a few extra weeks

Advertisement