Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thanks for that @wotzgoingon even though we are running the latest jellybean, had not known of holding down on notification to see where it was coming from.

This app was able to find the offending program causing the ads, which i promptly uninstalled.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Hi fellow Nexus 7 fans,

I have been following this thread for awhile, as have been thinking of upgrading from my iPad 1 which I love, but it's getting slow and running out storage. So today I picked up a new 32G Nexus and an Lovin it. resotred all my apps from my Galaxy S3 no problem.

However I use an app on my iPad called goodreader for storing and reading PDF and various text docs, it also has a great interface to my cloud drives. Could anyone recommend an equivalent app for the nexus 7, and also an app for note taking with a stylus.

Many thanks for all the great posts in this thread which helped me chose the right tablet for my needs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Bligh wrote: »
    Hi fellow Nexus 7 fans,

I have been following this thread for awhile, as have been thinking of upgrading from my iPad 1 which I love, but it's getting slow and running out storage. So today I picked up a new 32G Nexus and an Lovin it. resotred all my apps from my Galaxy S3 no problem.

However I use an app on my iPad called goodreader for storing and reading PDF and various text docs, it also has a great interface to my cloud drives. Could anyone recommend an equivalent app for the nexus 7, and also an app for note taking with a stylus.

Many thanks for all the great posts in this thread which helped me chose the right tablet for my needs

I don't know about the PDF one but maybe this. Someone might tell you something better.

For note taking this is good.

I don't know about the PDF one but maybe this. Someone might tell you something better.

Cheers thanks for the suggestios they both look good.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Any suggestions on where I can pick up a cheap good quality stylus in Dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Can't seem to do it. I've turned off the sounds in settings but its still clicking away. How do I stop this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Can't seem to do it. I've turned off the sounds in settings but its still clicking away. How do I stop this?

Why not try using a different keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

Try resetting it?

Also I got an OTG cable yesterday and having fun with it atm :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Is this the keyboard click you're taking about?
    Hold down the mic button beside the ?123 button and select the settings icon.
    Sound on key press can be disabled here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Is this the keyboard click you're taking about?
    Hold down the mic button beside the ?123 button and select the settings icon.
    Sound on key press can be disabled here.

Brilliant! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Has anyone managed to get the lte version here and if so where did you purchase it from ? amazon sellers seem to be charging a nice premium price

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Jambo wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get the lte version here and if so where did you purchase it from ? amazon sellers seem to be charging a nice premium price

While strict speaking not in the Republic, I got a 4g version from the O2 shop in Omagh. It isn't network locked so will take any network mini sim but it can only handle data, not calls or texts. So if you're going up north soon you should be able to get one from any O2 store up here. Probably worth calling the shop you intend to buy one in beforehand to check that they have stock. You can buy one on the O2 UK website and have it delivered to an O2 store in NI as well but I'm not 100% how this goes for Non-UK residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I am thinking of picking up the 32GB version.Where is the best price online to buy one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Just ordered one of these. Is it possible to attach a external hard drive with a OTG adapter? I hear some some work, some don't. How can I get flash? What apps are recommended also? Never had a Android device before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

clsmooth wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these. Is it possible to attach a external hard drive with a OTG adapter? I hear some some work, some don't. How can I get flash? What apps are recommended also? Never had a Android device before

Yes you can connect the otg to a hard drive but you must install nexus media importer (free from the playstore) you can download flash and just install it. Flash won't work with chrome so you need to install another browser,I find Firefox works well with flash content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Yes you can connect the otg to a hard drive but you must install nexus media importer (free from the playstore) you can download flash and just install it. Flash won't work with chrome so you need to install another browser,I find Firefox works well with flash content.

I had to root my nexus 7 in order to install adobe flash player.

Mardy Bum wrote: »

No, you definitly dont need to root. I am running stock and can use flash no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Cheers for all the responses guys. Do all OTG USB cables work for the 2013 Nexus? Saw this thread on another forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1812609

• Advertisement

No, you definitly dont need to root. I am running stock and can use flash no problem.

It would let me install after I downloaded the file. Tried everything. Once it was rooted it would however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It would let me install after I downloaded the file. Tried everything. Once it was rooted it would however.

Was 'install from external sources' ticked?

god's toy wrote: »
    Was 'install from external sources' ticked?

Yes. Everything that could be done before rooting was tried. Glad I rooted it anyway mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just got one of these for my daughters christmas pressie 7yr old. havent taken it out of the box yet, and I have never used andriod before. What do I need to do before christmas morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Set up a google account to be associated with the device.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just got one of these for my daughters christmas pressie 7yr old. havent taken it out of the box yet, and I have never used andriod before. What do I need to do before christmas morning?

Its fairly straightforward,you just have to set up a google gmail account, it will guide you along when you turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cathy Makes Cards

This is a great 'how to' starting point after she gets it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoI8GfyvQl0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

setting it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

As said before, you don't have to do that. You simply download flash lib directly from Adobe website and allow to install from 'external' source. Flash works as a charm, even on Chrome, which was said online that it may not work with

• Advertisement

nacho66 wrote: »
    As said before, you don't have to do that. You simply download flash lib directly from Adobe website and allow to install from 'external' source. Flash works as a charm, even on Chrome, which was said online that it may not work with

I did exactly that as I said before.

Advertisement