Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

5starpool wrote: »
    All Nexus devices do that I believe.

Thank gawd for that! My old Nexus just turned off without fanfare! How do I get to the animation settings?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

blobbie wrote: »

Nope. I've been through all the suggested fixes and even did a factory reset... None of which is resolving the issue on either nexus we have. Might resort to flashing it. I'm on the latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

dregin wrote: »
    Nope. I've been through all the suggested fixes and even did a factory reset... None of which is resolving the issue on either nexus we have. Might resort to flashing it. I'm on the latest update.

Netflix doesn't work in France. It's nothing to do with your Nexus.

Netflix doesn't work in France. It's nothing to do with your Nexus.

The comment about France should have read - "It throws a 15001 network error in Dublin, but gets as far as the login screen in France".

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

Try Hola Unblocker from the Play Store. Lets you watch Netflix anywhere. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hola&hl=en

• Advertisement

The comment about France should have read - "It throws a 15001 network error in Dublin, but gets as far as the login screen in France".

What's your Build Number? You should be on JSS15R I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone using Netflix on theirs? Getting a 15001 network error on launch. The girlfriend's is the same. In France atm and the app gets as far as the login screen, but no further. Probably because Netflix isn't available here.

Seems like a really weak effort from the folks at Netflix, especially considering the fact that Netflix is so closely associated with the chromecast.

Maybe you need to try something like www.Unblock-us.com, you can pick the netflix you want (ie, US, UK) first week is free only a few euro per month to use and works for loads of content stuff like US only sites and BBC and ITV players.

Yeah I'm on jss15r. Just got back to Dublin and my Netflix works perfectly \o/ The missus' is still throwing the 15001 error. So yes. I've figured out a solution - bring your nexus to France :D Might set her DNS to a French one to see if that jiggles Netflix into action for her. Serious amateurism from Netflix...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

dragona wrote: »
    Thank gawd for that! My old Nexus just turned off without fanfare! How do I get to the animation settings?

Developer options, got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

I'm also getting 15001 when starting Netflix. It's a brand new nexus, bought it on Monday, installed JSS15R update yesterday morning. I installed Netflix first time on the new tablet yesterday evening, so already after update to JSS15R. And I get this 15001 message. Chatted to Netflix support, they told me I should upgrade to newer version of OS. When I told them I did that, they told me to go ask Google

Awesome

• Advertisement

nacho66 wrote: »
    I'm also getting 15001 when starting Netflix. It's a brand new nexus, bought it on Monday, installed JSS15R update yesterday morning. I installed Netflix first time on the new tablet yesterday evening, so already after update to JSS15R. And I get this 15001 message. Chatted to Netflix support, they told me I should upgrade to newer version of OS. When I told them I did that, they told me to go ask Google

Awesome
    I'll try the above to fix hers later and throw a blog post together if it works.

Hers was still ****ed, so here's what I did to fix it: http://saviouroftime.blogspot.ie/2013/10/i-fixed-netflix-15001-error-on-android.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

A bit late to the Netflix error party here but I was having a somewhat similar problem.

I could watch Netflix, but after switching to a US vpn and switching back I would get a hanging loading screen or the above error even after killing the app and clearing the cache. This has happened before and after the latest update and the only thing that seems to work for me is an un - install/re - install. Will try the whole French connection if it happens again though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

OK, I sorted the issue with my Netflix. I simply logged out from Netflix on all other devices and it instantly started working on the tablet. 6.99 subscription only allows up to 2 devices logged in. It seems that they simply didn't create an appropriate notification and the app shows the 15001 message instead. Why Netflix support doesn't know this could be an issue is beyond me

I didn't even have a netflix account before this. I couldn't get into the app at all before 15001 showed up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Got my tablet over a week ago and there's a couple of scuffs on the corners... I've only used it in the house too. Word of warning.. Get a case! Mine should be here Tuesday or Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Can anyone recommend a good protective cover that wont detract from the aesthetics of the Nexus 7 2013 model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Had a tablet before, a Motorola Xoom but found it was just a larger version of my phone and there was only a small range of android specific tablet apps, unlike the ipad.

Considering going back into the tablet market, and like the look of this, but is the range out apps out there still small enough for android?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There are more android apps than apple these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

niallo24 wrote: »
    Had a tablet before, a Motorola Xoom but found it was just a larger version of my phone and there was only a small range of android specific tablet apps, unlike the ipad.

Considering going back into the tablet market, and like the look of this, but is the range out apps out there still small enough for android?

But tablets are just bigger versions of phones. Some apps are specific to the tablet but you will find that all the most popular apps for the nexus 7 are also on your phone.

What apps in particular are you looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

Can anyone recommend a good protective cover that wont detract from the aesthetics of the Nexus 7 2013 model?

This is the one i use,its strong but slim and looks stylish, i have it about 2 months and am very happy with it.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CKA1IYU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1382018260&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Compared to when you had the Xoom there's a huge range now.

There are very few apps that wont work on the nexus 7.the android os has overtaken apples ios and the devs know this and have acted accordingly.

But tablets are just bigger versions of phones. Some apps are specific to the tablet but you will find that all the most popular apps for the nexus 7 are also on your phone.

What apps in particular are you looking for?

Not looking for apps in particular, but from using my moms ipad it just seems there are a lot more apps catered for Ipad specifically (albeit there are versions for the iphones, but the tablet versions are more suited to the ipad), whereas for Android it just felt like all the apps were the same, just larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

This is the one i use,its strong but slim and looks stylish, i have it about 2 months and am very happy with it.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CKA1IYU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1382018260&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

I got that one also. very happy with it.

There are very few apps that wont work on the nexus 7.the android os has overtaken apples ios and the devs know this and have acted accordingly.

Goodstuff cheers for the advice lads, might go with the Nexus 7 so!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I have a relative heading to the US shortly, is it much hassle bringing one of these back? How likely are they to get searched coming home, should they dispose of all reciepts and packaging....

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I have a relative heading to the US shortly, is it much hassle bringing one of these back? How likely are they to get searched coming home, should they dispose of all reciepts and packaging....

Tbh if i was you i would buy it here.you wont save a hell kf a lot by getting it in the states, but if anything goes wrong with it you have the peace of mind of just dropping it back to pc world or whereever.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Anyone having issues with apps making ads popup on homescreen, this is happening with my sons nexus7, im fairly tech savy but also mostly ios, this is our first android tablet and i cant seem to find which app is doing it or how to stop it happening.

I installed avast and this didn't find anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Furp wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with apps making ads popup on homescreen, this is happening with my sons nexus7, im fairly tech savy but also mostly ios, this is our first android tablet and i cant seem to find which app is doing it or how to stop it happening.

I installed avast and this didn't find anything.

Try this

Advertisement