Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

BBC iPlayer works with unblock-us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

bromley52 wrote: »
    I must try that as I was signing in the with a/c I set up for the box itself. cheers

I bought a second box and don't pay for any subscription. Its working perfectly fine for plex, sky news, 4od etc.
    I just signed in with my sky account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

argos UK have a good deal
    a box plus 5 months movies or 6 months entertainment or 5 days sports for £20.

Saw it on HKUD

It can be shipped to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

bajer101 wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer works with unblock-us.

Changing your DNS settings on your router? Safe enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

adox wrote: »

Theoretically they could redirect your banking website, intercept login data etc. Its all a matter of how much you trust them. I wouldn't be doing my banking over it. I put in a separate tplink for my parents one. If you have a router with jungo, dd-wrt, tomato, open-wrt etc you can get it to send different dns settings according to Mac address.or IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

Tried ordering from argos.co.uk using PM but it says
    "Currently out of stock for home delivery to : BT364PE" Seems like a bargain otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

moodrater wrote: »
    Theoretically they could redirect your banking website, intercept login data etc. Its all a matter of how much you trust them. I wouldn't be doing my banking over it. I put in a separate tplink for my parents one. If you have a router with jungo, dd-wrt, tomato, open-wrt etc you can get it to send different dns settings according to Mac address.or IP.

Cheers. I have the standard Vodafone router so dont think I have any of those included.

Signed up for a month and changed the DNS setting on my router but may have to think again after your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Anyone get Netflix working on this? I have it installed and can login and see selections. but once I select a video nothing plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a code for nowtv movies £4.99 pm plus a £10 voucher for asda,sainsbury john lewis or boots .

code is NOWATOQHRSHF

Ive not tried it and don't know if its limited. I've a pass until september so didn't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I got a code for nowtv movies £4.99 pm plus a £10 voucher for asda,sainsbury john lewis or boots .

code is NOWATOQHRSHF

Ive not tried it and don't know if its limited. I've a pass until september so didn't need it.

I think those codes are linked to your email address, so not sure if anyoneelse will be able to use it, I also got a code but it's no the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

adox wrote: »
    if you were worried, you could set up a squid proxy on another computer on your home network using those DNS Settings and then just set up the nowT to work through that proxy, without interfering with anything else on your network.

if you were really clever (and had a compatible router) you might even be able to set up a proxy to run directly ON your router, although if you're just using the one that came from your ISP, that's unlikely to be compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

BopperSnr wrote: »
    Anyone get Netflix working on this? I have it installed and can login and see selections. but once I select a video nothing plays.

Is it a Now TV box or a Roku box? Now TV boxes can't access Netflix, it would be a competitor.

this might work to change the DNS on the NowTV without having to permanently change the DNS on your router. Not sure how I feel about sending ALL my DNS requests for everything on my network to Unotelly or whoever.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/guide-roku-changing-netflix-regions-quick-and-easy.1776722/

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Yes its a Now TV box. Ok good to know I can stop trying to get netflix working so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Just got a NowTV box with Sky movies pass, great wee device,movies stream fine. Not very tech minded but been reading about Plex on this thread so managed to put it on the box and my laptop(should there be a shortcut on my desktop for Plex??)

On the Recently Added page theres Breaking Bad(season 2) and a few movies( Sound of Music, State of Play etc).Dunno were they came from?? However when I try to play them on laptop it says "Cannot load M3U8: No levels to play" and if I try play them on NowTV box it says "Video unavailable
    We're unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video."

Have I done something wrong or installed it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

vibe666 wrote: »
    this might work to change the DNS on the NowTV without having to permanently change the DNS on your router. Not sure how I feel about sending ALL my DNS requests for everything on my network to Unotelly or whoever.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/guide-roku-changing-netflix-regions-quick-and-easy.1776722/

This worked a for me, thanks. Now just have to remember to do the same this time next year.

I've a Sky router so cant change the DNS settings to watch BBC iPlayer etc. Was gonna try the advice above but don't fancy paying a monthly fee for unblock-us when I'll only watch these channels now and again.Is there a free or very low cost VPN like CyberGhost that I can use to watch these channels on NowTV box?

The Fool wrote: »
    This worked a for me, thanks. Now just have to remember to do the same this time next year.
    I actually went one better as it turns that my router supports dnsmasq which allowed me to assign specific DNS addresses (i.e. unblock-us) to only specific hosts (i.e. my nowTV) on my home network but still use my regular settings for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

toby2111 wrote: »
    Just got a NowTV box with Sky movies pass, great wee device,movies stream fine. Not very tech minded but been reading about Plex on this thread so managed to put it on the box and my laptop(should there be a shortcut on my desktop for Plex??)

On the Recently Added page theres Breaking Bad(season 2) and a few movies( Sound of Music, State of Play etc).Dunno were they came from?? However when I try to play them on laptop it says "Cannot load M3U8: No levels to play" and if I try play them on NowTV box it says "Video unavailable
    We're unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video."

Have I done something wrong or installed it wrong?
    You should be able to create a desktop shortcut by going to Start->Programs->PLEX->Send To->Desktop(create shortcut).

The videos you mention above were possibly downloaded in the past onto your laptop & since either moved to another location or deleted leaving empty folders with the video titles - the folders may have been detected by PLEX but seeing as there is nothing contained in them PLEX can't play them - nor can they be played on your laptop. This may not be the problem but is probably the first one to rule out.

Have you tried playing something that you know is definitely saved on your laptop? If not try doing so & see if everything is ok. If that doesn't work out then you may have to convert the saved files to a different format to view via PLEX (either way you should be able to view on your laptop), but there's no point in going into that unless you know for sure that this is the problem.

• Advertisement

I don't have the Windows version of plex, but assuming it's the same as the one on my NAS, is there an option to add specific local movie and TV folders to your library from your laptop that plex will use?

Plex will (afaik) only catalogue video that is in a folder defined as part of your library.

The videos you mention above were possibly downloaded in the past onto your laptop

Sorry, forgot to mention that it's a brand new laptop!! So nothing should have been downloaded..... Strangely, enough there was a buzzing sound from the fan so I returned it and got replacement. Loaded up PLEX again, logged in.... And some of the videos, and other things, were there again. Would that be because I logged into my PLEX account? And it transfered clips from my a/c? Confused...

I'll try upload something later and give it a go. Thanks

Ok, so I loaded PLEX onto my old laptop(deleted it off the new one as I dont want to clog it up). It pulled in all my iTunes stuff from the old laptop which is great. I also uploaded an album not saved on iTunes, worked fine. Downloaded a Family Guy episode,worked fine. So,looks like alls working. Still confused as to where it was pulling "State of Play" and "Employee of the Month" amongst other things on the new laptop, I think I may have added a library by accident or something.

Off topic slightly, what are best sites to get movies/TV shows to load onto PLEX? I know some might be bordering on the grey area,legally, so maybe PM those ones!Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Just got an email from now TV offering me a £10 voucher for the likes of Argos and amazon.co.uk.

It will only post the voucher and not email me the code. However, it only seems to accept uk addresses and phone numbers.

Is Parcel motel the only way to get the voucher?

Is Parcel motel the only way to get the voucher?

Unless you have a friend or relative in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

toby2111 wrote: »
    Ok, so I loaded PLEX onto my old laptop(deleted it off the new one as I dont want to clog it up). It pulled in all my iTunes stuff from the old laptop which is great. I also uploaded an album not saved on iTunes, worked fine. Downloaded a Family Guy episode,worked fine. So,looks like alls working. Still confused as to where it was pulling "State of Play" and "Employee of the Month" amongst other things on the new laptop, I think I may have added a library by accident or something.

Off topic slightly, what are best sites to get movies/TV shows to load onto PLEX? I know some might be bordering on the grey area,legally, so maybe PM those ones!Cheers.
    Reddit has a Plex library share subreddit.

Reddit has a Plex library share subreddit.

Cheers. Have you got a link to that? I can't find it on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Sorry about the radio silence for a while.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SharePLEX/

Sorry about the radio silence for a while.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SharePLEX/

Brilliant!You're a legend...just got a share of somebodies Plex library,its got tonnes of movies/shows/music!!
    Quick question-can they see my library now that I've accepted their invitation?My library has a bit of music and Breaking Bad season 5....thats it. A bit small but am only starting to build it up.Also how do I thank them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

how do u share the media over plex

Advertisement