Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options
1133134135136137139»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

rogercross wrote: »
    Good to know!
    Quick look at email and its say gone from 3rd - will check again tomorrow
    They may not be as automated as we think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Quick look at email and its say gone from 3rd - will check again tomorrow
    They may not be as automated as we think.....

Perhaps not, theres probably very few of us to dig out

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Perhaps not, theres probably very few of us to dig out
    Still working this morning - passes and nowtv box.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I assume most people are fiddling with using the UK passes but is there an alternative place to buy the irish passes after the two months are up ?

Still working this morning - passes and nowtv box.....

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Serious hassle with Sky regarding the offer they sent me.

The 2 passes worked fine, but the offer for the free box gave me an "you are ineligible for this offer" message.

3 chats over an hour, and I finally got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I just read on the Irish independent online that new EU laws are now enacted that allows us to access Sky Go and Netflix etc around Europe without restrictions.

I am currently in Spain on holiday just tried Sky Go on my mobile and it's working.

I wish I had a Now TV box to test it out :)

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I just read on the Irish independent online that new EU laws are now enacted that allows us to access Sky Go and Netflix etc around Europe without restrictions.

I am currently in Spain on holiday just tried Sky Go on my mobile and it's working.

Interesting! Maybe they're just trying to scare us off the cheap UK one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

IrishHomer wrote: »

Interesting! Maybe they're just trying to scare us off the cheap UK one then.
    I think the new EU legislation allows you to watch the package you have in your home country anywhere in the EU. An Irish citizen with the Irish NOW TV box or SKY GO can't access the UK version of NOW TV or SKY GO when on holidays.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I think the new EU legislation allows you to watch the package you have in your home country anywhere in the EU. An Irish citizen with the Irish NOW TV box or SKY GO can't access the UK version of NOW TV or SKY GO when on holidays.

Ah I get you. Well guess we continue to wait and see over the next day or two and see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I got email about changing to irish box, see they still took payment. Hopefully it still works, will check later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Mine is gone anyway. Couldn't be bothered with a VPN so that's that.

What happens when you try to play something? When did yours go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What happens when you try to play something? When did yours go?

Only checked yesterday but get a message telling me content is not available in my country. All4 app still works on it.

I've taken the free Irish box offer because I buy Sports day passes a bit so it's useful to have. If it has 3player then my satellite box won't have to be constantly full of Emmerdale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only checked yesterday but get a message telling me content is not available in my country. All4 app still works on it.

I've taken the free Irish box offer because I buy Sports day passes a bit so it's useful to have. If it has 3player then my satellite box won't have to be constantly full of Emmerdale too.

Did you try to play a sports channel yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Getfix are doing a lifetime subscription at the moment for $35

bromley52 wrote: »

Probably best not to directly mention the services by name anymore, Sky is likely looking at this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

bromley52 wrote: »

Looking for this offer for some time. Thanks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Serious hassle with Sky regarding the offer they sent me.

The 2 passes worked fine, but the offer for the free box gave me an "you are ineligible for this offer" message.

3 chats over an hour, and I finally got sorted.

Seeing the same, how did you sort it?

Edit: I selected the buy NowTV box link in manage my devices and that seemed to work, no section to list orders on the site (unlike UK) but it shows in my purchase history as zero. Ho hum

Dave..M wrote: »

Edit: I selected the buy NowTV box link in manage my devices and that seemed to work, no section to list orders on the site (unlike UK) but it shows in my purchase history as zero. Ho hum

For anyone interested there is also an Irish NowTv app on the PS4

• Advertisement

Dave..M wrote: »

Fantastic - thank you for that - that actually worked!

I spoke with them over the chat, and the agent said he would sort it for me, and he'd send me out a box, for free. He also said i'd get an email straight away. Needless to say, nothing happened.

So they're releasing the kids pass on the Irish service. For 7 f'n euro. It's 2.99 on the English service.

It took me 5 chats with operators to finally be issued with a TV box. Absolute disaster of a service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    So they're releasing the kids pass on the Irish service. For 7 f'n euro. It's 2.99 on the English service.

It took me 5 chats with operators to finally be issued with a TV box. Absolute disaster of a service

€7 vs £2.99 - well you gotta hand it to them, they don’t even try to lubricate their Irish customers before they ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Are they ever releasing the Apple TV app in Ireland. I had been using it but recently has been geolocked.

Advertisement