Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you get charged, just get onto the online chat and they will refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Just got one of these boxes today, but it seems I got a lemon. The box just constantly freezes even in the menu screen. Anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So after my two months free, I went to cancel my sub and got this message:

You’re special. So here’s an offer to prove it.
    Get Sky Movies Month Pass for £4.99 a month.

You’re very important to us and we don’t want to lose you. So here’s a little offer to tempt you to enjoy more great movies for longer. We’d like to give you 2 months of Sky Movies Month Pass for just £4.99 a month, starting on your next payment date.

Simply click on the button to claim. Terms apply*.

Not too bad that.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Just seen this now and there are nearly 100 pages to read so to be rather lazy can some advise how much the monthly costs are for subscriptions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just seen this now and there are nearly 100 pages to read so to be rather lazy can some advise how much the monthly costs are for subscriptions?

Check the website. Nowtv.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Check the website. Nowtv.com

Was just about to try a sneaky edit there, 4.99 Sterling not bad at all for the entertainment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does anyone else not have the ITV player in the app store for them yet? How do we get it on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,874 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tinie wrote: »
    Does anyone else not have the ITV player in the app store for them yet? How do we get it on the box?

Have you updated the software?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Have you updated the software?

Yeah, it says no updates available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Tinie wrote: »

They just announced it was coming soon I don't think it's available yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

I have received the new update and downloaded the ITV player, the ad's work but not the programs.

Anyone succeeded in getting it working, I'm already using unotelly's dns service for the iplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

daveh077 wrote: »
    I have received the new update and downloaded the ITV player, the ad's work but not the programs.

Anyone succeeded in getting it working, I'm already using unotelly's dns service for the iplayer.

Did the update remove anything like Plex Dev etc (if you had it installed)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

I didn't have Plex installed no. The new interface looks good though, its different, more black, and I've noticed the white light at the front isn't as bright which makes it less distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Could someone please check this before I start to panic please ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

long_b wrote: »

In my case Plex still there after the upgrade to new interface.

long_b wrote: »
    yep, plex is grand after the update, nothing to worry about. although nothing on the itv player plays for me either.

also noticed the dimmer front light on the box and the general blackness of the new theme. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

My Plex is still there as well but I've noticed it's cutting out during a show, that never happened before the update. When I go back and try to pick it up from where I left off it doesn't play at all. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this happening for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

There have been a couple of reports of issues with plex. As I mainly use the Now TV box for Plex, I think I will hold off on the update.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

758-7109_PI_TPS2063389?wid=493&ht=538

If anyone is looking to buy one, you can get 3 months movies and the box for £25 here:> http://www.tesco.com/direct/now-tv-hd-digital-media-streamer-with-sky-movies-3-month-pass/758-7109.prd?skuId=758-7109

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Plex stopped working for me since update as has 4OD. Boxes updated automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

My plex has gone very hit and miss.

Encountering above mentioned issue - When trying to resume a show I get "unable to play this video"

Was flawless before firmware upgrade. Running 5.4 build 3427

Any ideas?

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    My plex has gone very hit and miss.

Encountering above mentioned issue - When trying to resume a show I get "unable to play this video"

Was flawless before firmware upgrade. Running 5.4 build 3427

Any ideas?
    my first port of call would be a factory reset and re-install. not had a chance to check it in any detail yet to see if i have the issue, but i'll be doing that first if i do have problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

vibe666 wrote: »
    my first port of call would be a factory reset and re-install. not had a chance to check it in any detail yet to see if i have the issue, but i'll be doing that first if i do have problems.

I am having the same issues. I can watch a show once I watch it fully. If I try and resume it states "We're unable to play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video." If I try and forward to where I stopped watching it just kicks me back to the start.

I did a factory reset of the Nowtv box and you can still install plex after the update. However this did not solve the problem. I removed my library and put it on again also but no luck. Any other ideas?

My advice is not to update the Nowtv box if you use plex. My one was on auto-update, not sure if you can turn this off?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

When I turned on my box yesterday it had already installed the new interface, which I found odd. The channel store was also down so I couldnt check if ITV player was available / working.

On another note, has anyone else seen the eye watering prices for the boxes on Adverts 'Turn your TV into a smart TV' 'Access to Sky Movies & Entertainment packages' for the knockdown price of €40 - €60 and no mention of included subscription for the sky channels or needing DNS service to access the UK catchup services. Rather shoddy IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Mine updated channel storebborked did a factory reset and can't even set it up now.

On another note, has anyone else seen the eye watering prices for the boxes on Adverts 'Turn your TV into a smart TV' 'Access to Sky Movies & Entertainment packages' for the knockdown price of €40 - €60 and no mention of included subscription for the sky channels or needing DNS service to access the UK catchup services. Rather shoddy IMO.
    not for long! :D

Also, plex is still working fine for me, no issues at all other than the occasional delay between a button press and something happening, but that's always been there with my NowTV.

I'm running my plex server on a synology NAS if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

plex worked on mine for around 30 mins. Then it stopped.

never had problems with it before.

If plex is going to start giving trouble, the subscription will be cancelled . Sky need to sort this out.

plex worked on mine for around 30 mins. Then it stopped.

never had problems with it before.

If plex is going to start giving trouble, the subscription will be cancelled . Sky need to sort this out.

Plex is nothing to do with Sky - its side loaded on the box and Sky will probably tell you its at your own risk to do that kind of stuff

BTW you don't need a subscription to have Plex working on the box

• Advertisement

Any idea how I can rename my NowTV boxes so I can differentiate them on my network?
    I have 2 NowTV boxes and an Xbox and I use PlayTo Android app and also other apps to send stuff to the boxes to watch. However I can see the Xbox and the 2 NowTV boxes but both NowTV boxes seem to just identify themselves as Roku on the network so I would like to rename them (e.g. Roku Bedroom and Roku TV Room) so I can then decide what box I am sending stuff to.

I also started using AllCast app and that sees the boxes without issue (since the upgrade of the NowTV software) but it wont work. It seems to connect but nothing happens. Anyone else tried this app?

Advertisement