Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Don't forget to include your Parcel motel number

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Oh ffs it's a tenner, dozens of us have them at this point, just put the bloody address in and it'll get there one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

anyone getting a message that the channel store is unavailable?

mine's been like that for a few months I'd say. I think it may have coincided with the last upgrade. Hasn't bothered me till now but wanna get the itv and youtube apps. Box/router have been rebooted etc. but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I am having terrible problems with Plex. For over a month now.

The worst type of trouble . 10 mins from the end of each program or film a box pops up and says

"Video not available" Please make sure the server has access to files.

Im thinking of going down the chromecast route and getting rid of plex . Its more hassle than its worth when it starts playing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

How are people finding the Now TV?

I got the app on the xbox one with the free movie trial and it looks very good,

You can purchase a 4 month sub for the entertainment pass on ebay for around 20EU. What are your thoughts are on the Entertainment pack, is it worth it?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

You can purchase a 4 month sub for the entertainment pass on ebay for around 20EU. What are your thoughts are on the Entertainment pack, is it worth it?

Cheers

We use it in my house and got rid of sky. You get all their on demand box sets as well as live tv, only thing you can't do is record

stuchyg wrote: »
    We use it in my house and got rid of sky. You get all their on demand box sets as well as live tv, only thing you can't do is record

Great, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Did someone say it has Youtube? Why cant I see it in the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Did someone say it has Youtube? Why cant I see it in the store?

Have you got the box set to manually update?

Its there for certain. Best app on the box. Can watch whole episodes of Red Dwarf now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The YouTube app is great. It mimics the Chromecast features so I can send videos from the iPhone app to the NowTv. A welcome addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

I am having terrible problems with Plex. For over a month now.

The worst type of trouble . 10 mins from the end of each program or film a box pops up and says

"Video not available" Please make sure the server has access to files.

Im thinking of going down the chromecast route and getting rid of plex . Its more hassle than its worth when it starts playing up.

Hi,
    You need to replace the Plex app with the newer Plex Rarflix app, search this thread for more details.
    I had the same problems after the last update but everything is working again using the newer Plex app.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Have you got the box set to manually update?

Its there for certain. Best app on the box. Can watch whole episodes of Red Dwarf now. :)

That solved it thanks.

Cheers

is it not 4.99 p/m anyway?

is it not 4.99 p/m anyway?

Yea it's in sterling tho, got it for £13 for the 4 months on eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

I've Overplay Smartdns, will this work out of the box with this bad-boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Sky just announced a new Sky Sports week pass starting this Thursday which will cost £10.99. The day pass will drop to £6.99 for a 'promotional period' so I'm not sure where they'll be pricing that after the promo ends.

£11 for a week is a lot better than the £10 it used to cost for just a day. Also says it will now be showing 7 channels including a new sky sports 5 channel.

anyone getting a message that the channel store is unavailable?

mine's been like that for a few months I'd say. I think it may have coincided with the last upgrade. Hasn't bothered me till now but wanna get the itv and youtube apps. Box/router have been rebooted etc. but no joy

anyone any ideas how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Sorry for hijacking this thread..... Any one point me in the direction of say something that will change my dumb tv into a smart tv... Something that will allow me to browse the net also, so i presume i will need a wireless keyboard and mouse..... And allow me watch Netflix... Apologizes again for hijacking but hopefully someone will point me in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread..... Any one point me in the direction of say something that will change my dumb tv into a smart tv... Something that will allow me to browse the net also, so i presume i will need a wireless keyboard and mouse..... And allow me watch Netflix... Apologizes again for hijacking but hopefully someone will point me in the right direction

The now tv box won't allow you do what you want. Have a look over in the Android Devices forum or start a new thread there. There are lots of android mini pcs that will allow you to watch netflix/ browse the web. Just make sure to look up lots of reviews before pouncing on one as some can be quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Have a look at the thread for quad core android box in this forum, that should allow you to do all that. Sorry can't post the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Have a look at the thread for quad core android box in this forum, that should allow you to do all that. Sorry can't post the link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057256553

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

anyone any ideas how to fix this?

A factory reset sounds like your only option - press for 10 seconds the hole above the power port. If you've any paid passes running you might want to run that by live chat at nowtv.com first, just in case it somehow knocks them out too.

If you're running a vpn I'd turn it off just to let the box update "directly" also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Buy a chromecast.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

DubDJ wrote: »
    Sky just announced a new Sky Sports week pass starting this Thursday which will cost £10.99. The day pass will drop to £6.99 for a 'promotional period' so I'm not sure where they'll be pricing that after the promo ends.

£11 for a week is a lot better than the £10 it used to cost for just a day. Also says it will now be showing 7 channels including a new sky sports 5 channel.

any chance of running time stopper or similar on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

Buy a chromecast.

you can run chromecast on an android fone, its free.

styron wrote: »
    A factory reset sounds like your only option - press for 10 seconds the hole above the power port. If you've any paid passes running you might want to run that by live chat at nowtv.com first, just in case it somehow knocks them out too.

If you're running a vpn I'd turn it off just to let the box update "directly" also.

yep will try later...i think this can be done from settings menu. i actually have 2 boxes and they're both giving unavailable channel store.

I've no subs with nowtv. I did have vpn with unotelly while it was free but not anymore...wonder was this the problem?? kinda happened round the time that ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

is their anyway of getting plex onto the nowtv box without signing up to now tv. also can you use the same account on multiple boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

flutered wrote: »

If you're talking about cheapcast its gone RIP and you still need a phone with hdmi or mhl and a cable + mhl adapter and your phone is tied up any time the kids/wife/relations etc. want to watch something.

I doubt chromecast is what the poster needs anyway and andoid tv box is better in almost every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

flutered wrote: »

??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

is their anyway of getting plex onto the nowtv box without signing up to now tv. also can you use the same account on multiple boxes

you don't have to subscribe to anything on nowtv, just register.

you can even use a sky tv online ID instead if you like.

power it on, enable dev mode and then sideload the plex app (or rarflix, which works better).

Advertisement