Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Tinie wrote: »
    I used the codes to get the two free months of movies, and it said I wouldn't be billed until mid July. Just tried to watch a film and it says my pass has expired.

Anyone else get their free months cancelled as it seems has happened me?

Possibly me too, I thought I had a free code from this thread til the end of June but I got charged for June at the end of May (I had previously set up payment details)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

I got charged this month as well even though my account said that payment was not due again till 29th June! Has anyone been successful in having their money refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

katieboo wrote: »
    I got charged this month as well even though my account said that payment was not due again till 29th June! Has anyone been successful in having their money refunded?

Once I entered the codes for the free months I cancelled the sub so I wouldn't get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

They have also charged me for the last month. It looks like they cancelled the last voucher and reset my subscription status to auto-subscribe. I have sent them a few emails, but they are denying it, saying that I hadn't set my account to cancel the subscription. I have told them that I will have to get in touch with Visa and initiate a charge back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

bromley52 wrote: »
    Once I entered the codes for the free months I cancelled the sub so I wouldn't get charged.

Same here. It rolls over if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone having problems with 4OD?
    Hasn't worked right for a number of weeks now!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Live chat seems to be the best way to deal with them, just stay on the line and refuse to accept no for an answer, I have been refunded several times. I've given up on it now and resubscribed for netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I just got an email stating that they will refund the £8.99 to my card. They didn't admit that they made a mistake, but instead stated that they were making the refund a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I am on a free month because the entertainment package went on the blink one night. They emailed me about it and then i got a 10 quid voucher for Boots of them.

Have to say. I love the service. All the channels I like for a fiver. And no sky subscription costing a fortune for a pile of sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Have to say. I love the service. All the channels I like for a fiver. And no sky subscription costing a fortune for a pile of sh1te.

Do you get all the channels in the entertainment pass or just a selection of programmes from each channel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just bought 3 months movies on ebay for £12. I'll load it at the weekend when my current period expires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Do you get all the channels in the entertainment pass or just a selection of programmes from each channel?

I get sky 1,Discovery, Atlantic, Living, Gold, Comedy Central, Fox, Arts,ABC and a couple of others. All live TV

Plus catchup and a box set thing.

It much better value than the box and dish if all you want is mainstream channels. I have freesat and have an aerial for Irish digital. I think its the best package for very little money.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

I just bought 3 months movies on ebay for £12. I'll load it at the weekend when my current period expires

have u a link? all i can see on ebay is £20 for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

moodrater wrote: »
    Live chat seems to be the best way to deal with them, just stay on the line and refuse to accept no for an answer, I have been refunded several times. I've given up on it now and resubscribed for netflix.
    ditto to this.

just chanced my arm over the disappearing 3rd month pass from last month and they put a note on my account to say that if am charged i'll contact them and they will refund me, although he didn't have any vouchers at the moment, he said if he had any he would give them to me, so it's definitely the way to get the freebies! :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    ditto to this.

just chanced my arm over the disappearing 3rd month pass from last month and they put a note on my account to say that if am charged i'll contact them and they will refund me, although he didn't have any vouchers at the moment, he said if he had any he would give them to me, so it's definitely the way to get the freebies! :)

if I cancel today does it take a day or 2 to kick in...my next payment's due saturday...don't wanna chance being charged

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Thanks chuck you just reminded me to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 16 alecross

So apparently the ITV player has now been officially launched on Roku Box's including the NOWTV Box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

alecross wrote: »
    So apparently the ITV player has now been officially launched on Roku Box's including the NOWTV Box.

Is it available in ROI?

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Is it available in ROI?

I hope so, BBC, C4 and C5 all work so far (most of the time)

I'm going to test this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I hope so, BBC, C4 and C5 all work so far (most of the time)

I'm going to test this evening.

iplayer and 5od were geo locked last time I checked.

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    iplayer and 5od were geo locked last time I checked.

Unotelly SmartDNS gets around that, iplayer works great for me using that. 5od is mixed in terms of performance/speed, but apparently uk users complain about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Unotelly SmartDNS gets around that, iplayer works great for me using that. 5od is mixed in terms of performance/speed, but apparently uk users complain about it too.

How do you use this sorry not great with technology:pac:
    Use the now tv box mainly for sky sports

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Did you get it to work? I don't subscribe to anything & use the NowTV box very little as I don't subscribed to fancy SmartDNS or use Plex either. BUT I am interested to see if I have access to ITV player.

I have my box on now, and checked for updates. But the Roku Channel Store does not have ITV Player available in my tv.

Do you need to be in the UK for this one? I have the BBC & channel 5 ones but they don't work for me anyway ;-)

Please let me know how & when it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

rosieirl wrote: »
    Did you get it to work? I don't subscribe to anything & use the NowTV box very little as I don't subscribed to fancy SmartDNS or use Plex either. BUT I am interested to see if I have access to ITV player.

I have my box on now, and checked for updates. But the Roku Channel Store does not have ITV Player available in my tv.

Do you need to be in the UK for this one? I have the BBC & channel 5 ones but they don't work for me anyway ;-)

Please let me know how & when it works for you.
    I don't think its available yet
    EMAIL wrote:

ITV Player is arriving soon onto your NOW TV Box. It means you will now have the full set of terrestial catch up apps with BBC iPlayer, 4oD and Demand 5 already available. You don't need to do anything, it will automatically be downloaded onto your homepage.

You'll also see a new homepage design which should make it easier for you to navigate through the apps.

With the arrival of ITV Player you now can watch the best of TV on demand..

You need to enter a valid post code to use the Itv player

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Bt11aa not work?

Tinie wrote: »
    Bt11aa not work?

Haven't tried it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Don't think that Unotelly works with NowTV on a Thompson UPC router though :( however it does work directly through the Samsung Smart TV and I find ITV Player a horrible app unless you pay to remove the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

Use Google and search for the post code of any town hall in the UK.

• Advertisement

if I cancel today does it take a day or 2 to kick in...my next payment's due saturday...don't wanna chance being charged

cancelled anyway....will be interesting to see if the free month will be applied...doubt it somehow

Advertisement