Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

alecross wrote: »
    Ah fair enough its not just me then, I don't mind for some things, bit of gordon ramsey for example ad's are fine, but for some of the dramas it really interrupts at annoying spots.

Sure I guess thats how they can afford to make it free.

you used to be able to do it with adblock plus on a PC web browser, but the 4OD player checks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Think I've missed the boat on those codes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

If anyone is having trouble with Plex running on this, I have noticed that uTorrent interferes with it. I have to shut down uTorrent whenever I want to stream Plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Think I've missed the boat on those codes

Me too! It says code accepted, but it's not giving me a free month. It says I qualify for the offer of £8.99 a month for movies, but sure that's the normal offer.

Can the codes on ebay be trusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Me too! It says code accepted, but it's not giving me a free month. It says I qualify for the offer of £8.99 a month for movies, but sure that's the normal offer.

Can the codes on ebay be trusted?

One of those free codes worked on my account and it said i wasn't due to be billed again till mid-june but got billed £8.99 in mid-may. Got on to sky and they said the free month would be applied 2 weeks after the £8.99 was paid so will see in the next few days if I get the free month. I wasn't happy with their explanation and will prob cancel when i get free month as I don't wanna risk £8.99 to come out in mid-june

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Plex updated recently and seems to have ballsed up streaming for me!!! Anyone else having trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

brevity wrote: »
    Plex updated recently and seems to have ballsed up streaming for me!!! Anyone else having trouble?

It updated on my Samsung TV and screwed up a few things such as the volume which does not work at all when you 1st open Plex but if you close it and opened it again all is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

brevity wrote: »

Updated on the now tv box or the server on the computer? I'm using the rarflix version and have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

What smartDNS/VPN are people using with their NOW TV/router? I can get BBC iplayer working but not 4OD. I've tried unblock us and ad free time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

cjlawlor wrote: »
    What smartDNS/VPN are people using with their NOW TV/router? I can get BBC iplayer working but not 4OD. I've tried unblock us and ad free time...

4 o D should work before any DNS/VPN. I am using Overplay.net. It cost me about €36 for the year last month. An extra bonus with it is you can change Netflix regions with it which will work with Netflix on Samsung TV. Not all will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

cjlawlor wrote: »

UnoTelly you can get up to six months free by mentioning them on Facebook or twitter once a more month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Why update the plex?

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Any time I update anything, something always stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Dunno if I can talk about plex servers but if anyone is interested email me at daytob74@gmx.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

moodrater wrote: »
    Updated on the now tv box or the server on the computer? I'm using the rarflix version and have no problems.

On the computer, it takes an age to buffer fully and then there is intermittent buffering throughout. Probably my internet connection but it seems strange that it's started now, been fine for ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Weren't NowTV supposed to come out in Ireland last year?

What ever happened to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I have ordered one of these using Parcelmotel and just wondering about the payment for the Parcelmotel stay, I have my debit card set up on the Parcelmotel site for pay as you go so when they get my nowTV box will they then charge my card or do I have to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I have ordered one of these using Parcelmotel and just wondering about the payment for the Parcelmotel stay, I have my debit card set up on the Parcelmotel site for pay as you go so when they get my nowTV box will they then charge my card or do I have to do anything?

Once they receive your package in their depot they'll charge you, then once the payment goes though ok they'll send it to your local pickup point.

daytob wrote: »
    Dunno if I can talk about plex servers but if anyone is interested email me at daytob74@gmx.com
    why wouldn't you be able to talk about plex servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

vibe666 wrote: »
    why wouldn't you be able to talk about plex servers?

It's the first rule of Plex club!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Larry_N

Anyone else not able to watch Sky Movies anymore?? I can't use it on the computer or my LG TV. Emailed Now-TV and they said it is because I am in Ireland, they must be starting to geo-block.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is your TV set to Ireland or UK?

TV is set to UK, was working fine up until a few weeks ago, stopped working on both the TV and laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Mine was working last time I checked about 3 or 4 days ago. Did you do a firmware update on the TV or the NowTV box?

I've un~subbed from Movies. (ran out of codes) Going to do the same with the Entertainment side later. I'll report back if its still working.

Actually I did do a firmware update a couple of weeks ago, that might explain it.
    Not sure why it stopped working on my laptop though.

Now-TV emailed me and said I cannot access the service from Ireland but they are refunding my last pass so its not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

My entertainment is working fine. I pay each month for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've been having trouble with the Plex client for the past few weeks.
    Initially it saw everything the NAS had to offer but for the last while this has dropped and it's getting stuck.
    No changes to the files themselves, just it won't progress and that's that.
    Nothing I've tried fixes it, including installing different versions of Plex, deleting and rebuilding the TV library etc.

Larry_N wrote: »
    TV is set to UK, was working fine up until a few weeks ago, stopped working on both the TV and laptop.
    mine still working fine, currently watching Primates of the Caribbean with toddler before bed! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I used the codes to get the two free months of movies, and it said I wouldn't be billed until mid July. Just tried to watch a film and it says my pass has expired.

Anyone else get their free months cancelled as it seems has happened me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone else get an e-mail from "Mission Control" titled Congratulations:

"You have been rewarded with a Compliments Select code to the value of £10.00

Personal Message: "Its Voucher Time! Thanks for signing up to NOW TV we hope you're enjoying a world of great movies. Please follow instructions below to claim your free (M&S / JL) voucher. Happy shopping! The NOW TV Team "
    Please be advised that your Compliments Select code will expire on 6th June 2015. Before this date you can redeem your code, which will need to be used in full, at your own leisure."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Tinie wrote: »
    I used the codes to get the two free months of movies, and it said I wouldn't be billed until mid July. Just tried to watch a film and it says my pass has expired.

Anyone else get their free months cancelled as it seems has happened me?

Yeah, same happened to me. I contacted them on the live chat and they told me the voucher I used was for a £10 John Lewis voucher and I would get the voucher in an email.

I questioned them saying the voucher I used was got a free month of movies but they kept saying it was for a John Lewis voucher. I just gave up in the end. Haven't got the voucher yet.

Advertisement