Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

glasso wrote: »
    is there any use for the now tv box beyond being a paperweight now if your primary use was plex?

Youtube and channel 4's on demand both work with no dns changes or anything, with dns, you also have BBC iPlayer, itv hub and channel 5 on demand so few nice options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rogercross wrote: »
    Youtube and channel 4's on demand both work with no dns changes or anything, with dns, you also have BBC iPlayer, itv hub and channel 5 on demand so few nice options there.

I mostly use mine for YouTube. You can stream to it off your phone too. If you have the newer box, you can plug your Saorview line into it, and use it as a decoder of sorts

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I mostly use mine for YouTube. You can stream to it off your phone too. If you have the newer box, you can plug your Saorview line into it, and use it as a decoder of sorts

how do you stream from your phone to it? thanks

glasso wrote: »
    how do you stream from your phone to it? thanks

There's an app you can get called Playto. Honestly speaking, I haven't found it to be that good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The android Youtube App on my phone picks up the Now TV box (Roku) automatically, it's the older box too. There's a tv symbol with lines on the bottom right corner of it, that allows me to 'throw' whatever is on Youtube on the phone to Now TV at anytime. Has been quite handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bought new model in UK, created AC, no success logging in yet I can view on my phone on same network. No interest in anything other than catch up services
    Any advice?

damian139 wrote: »
    Bought new model in UK, created AC, no success logging in yet I can view on my phone on same network. No interest in anything other than catch up services
    Any advice?

Are you using a VPN or DNS for the catch up services? Cos other than All 4, the rest will pick you up as being in Ireland and won't work

Suspected that, thanks. It won't allow me log in though to access nowtv' trial, yet I can log in on my phone

Suspected that, thanks. It won't allow me log in though to access nowtv' trial, yet I can log in on my phone

You used a UK address when signing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Any advice?

When you say bought new model, what do you mean?

Did you buy the black box with DTT tuner or the Black box without tuner.

Reports on here say Irish account does not work on the Black box without tuner. Works fine on the black box with DTT tuner.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    When you say bought new model, what do you mean?

Did you buy the black box with DTT tuner or the Black box without tuner.

Reports on here say Irish account does not work on the Black box without tuner. Works fine on the black box with DTT tuner.

I have both types of boxes, and they both work grand

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I have both types of boxes, and they both work grand

Please clarify; both (UK box variants) work grand with an Irish account (unexpected) or a UK account (expected)?

Dave..M wrote: »
    Please clarify; both (UK box variants) work grand with an Irish account (unexpected) or a UK account (expected)?

UK accounts on UK boxes

UK accounts on UK boxes

Ok I think everyone on here has UK accounts on UK boxes (and more besides thanks to Amazon's regular 20 quid deals!) I think most of the questions now are about IRL accounts on UK boxes.

**And whether they can be repurposed or given to people for IRL accounts, e.g. I was going to offer a spare box to my Dad but won't if it doesn't work which unfortunately appears to be the case.

Any advice?

When u say created AC, did you create a UK account or an Irish one ? Are you viewing the UK app on an iPhone or an Irish account ? It's quite difficult to get the UK app on an Android phone but with a UK Apple account it's very easy to get it on an iPhone (or iPad or Apple TV) hence why I'm asking. I think it was already noted that an IRL account won't work on a standard black box but it was suggested that it will work on the Freeview enabled box and a UK account should obviously work on both boxes. All very confusing I know...

An Irish one I'd imagine, i was really only interested in it for catchup services as id used an old box in the past . Looks like VPN will be invested in😁

You used a UK address when signing up?

I didn't bother as I don't have a workaround so my IP address would have set off alarms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I didn't bother as I don't have a workaround so my IP address would have set off alarms?

No, there isn't any geo blocking based on IP address (yet)

Anyone else having issues logging into their UK NowTV account via mobile? tried this morning and it keeps redirect to a page saying SKY iD error 288. Never had any issues previously and was last in there Thursday last week updating an offer....

Anyone else having issues logging into their UK NowTV account via mobile? tried this morning and it keeps redirect to a page saying SKY iD error 288. Never had any issues previously and was last in there Thursday last week updating an offer....

Is your service on the box still working?

Last time i had that Sky ID error it was because they'd identified me as Irish and had locked my account.

• Advertisement

Is your service on the box still working?

Last time i had that Sky ID error it was because they'd identified me as Irish and had locked my account.

Yeah working fine last night on both NowTV box & Roku. I restarted my phone there and all seems right again with the world so hopefully just an S7 glitch (of which there seems to be many these days post Nougat!) exacerbated by the general confusion abounding currently on the UK NowTV front coupled with sun stroke from sitting out too long yesterday :)

Yeah working fine last night on both NowTV box & Roku. I restarted my phone there and all seems right again with the world so hopefully just an S7 glitch (of which there seems to be many these days post Nougat!) exacerbated by the general confusion abounding currently on the UK NowTV front coupled with sun stroke from sitting out too long yesterday :)

Ah ok so all well on the boxes, you're probably fine then :-)

Ah ok so all well on the boxes, you're probably fine then :-)

For now anyway....

For now anyway....

For now i'd say avoid logging into the site from Laptop/ Mobile unless you really have to, or use a vpn when doing so

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Can someone confirm if I can use Now TV with a roku 3?

The Remote with the headphone jack seems perfect for me

Need to log on to Now TV site to top up pass, is there any other way besides vpn where it wouldn't detect the Irish site?, as it seems to be doing now. Keep getting nowtv.com/ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Corholio wrote: »
    Need to log on to Now TV site to top up pass, is there any other way besides vpn where it wouldn't detect the Irish site?, as it seems to be doing now. Keep getting nowtv.com/ie.

At the very bottom of the page there's a link that says "Go to UK site".

For now i'd say avoid logging into the site from Laptop/ Mobile unless you really have to, or use a vpn when doing so

Thanks, I hear you but unfortunately for my peace of mind my tinfoil hat wearing ways just won't allow me to funnel my personal data through a region masking VPN or dynamic DNS so for me once it goes it's gone...

Can someone confirm if I can use Now TV with a roku 3?

The Remote with the headphone jack seems perfect for me

You can yes, you'll need to setup a uk roku account to initially get the app onto the box, i think someone a few pages back detailed how to do it

• Advertisement

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    At the very bottom of the page there's a link that says "Go to UK site".

Nice one, thanks!

Advertisement