Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Does anyone know is the Sports channels pure live like sat or would there be a few seconds time delay?
    Never used it myself but if it's like Sky Go it could be anything up to a minute behind satellite.

Well that was a few years ago when I used sky go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Does anyone know is the Sports channels pure live like sat or would there be a few seconds time delay?

If you are going to rely on it for in-play betting, forget about it. It is like Sky Go and is about 50-70 seconds behind a 'live' broadcast which is itself another three or four seconds slower than being at the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

My UK Nowtv account doesn't seem to be working. How about you guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    My UK Nowtv account doesn't seem to be working. How about you guys ?

Working grand

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

All OK with mine. Im on a discounted sub for movies, so im not hopeful I wont get cut off though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Mines fine too, on discounted entertainment and a cheapee pass for movies until July.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just wondering if anyone has taken them (SKY) to task on the Irish pricing?

Any twitter posts?

Any alerting consumer affairs pricing journalists?

Anyone call Joe Duffy? :D

Joking aside, it's only by highlighting this BS that you'll effect change......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just wondering if anyone has taken them (SKY) to task on the Irish pricing?

Any twitter posts?

Any alerting consumer affairs pricing journalists?

Anyone call Joe Duffy? :D

Joking aside, it's only by highlighting this BS that you'll effect change......

Post your displeasure on the new Talk to Sky thread on the Nowtv service in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

Post your displeasure on the new Talk to Sky thread on the Nowtv service in Ireland.

Sky have said in an announcement on the forum that they will not be handling any NowTV queries on the Sky forum.

The only ways to contact someone in relation to NowTV queries is e-mail or livechat from the NowTV website.

So they seem to be deliberately setting up NowTV not to be a particularly attractive offer, especially if you are used to having Sky...

PAKNET wrote: »
    Sky have said in an announcement on the forum that they will not be handling any NowTV queries on the Sky forum.

The only ways to contact someone in relation to NowTV queries is e-mail or livechat from the NowTV website.

So they seem to be deliberately setting up NowTV not to be a particularly attractive offer, especially if you are used to having Sky...

Well that's just wonderful Customer Service isn't it?! :(:mad:

Pretty much an admission that we're being fleeced here and an attempt to shut down any controversy before it starts by not allowing the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

I'll be interested to see if 3Player is free, or do you need an active pass to use it. Also, wonder if my old white NowTV boxes will work with an account for here rather then the UK. I only use it for catchup on All4 at the moment anyway, so it would be nice to have 3Player as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The 'Talk To Sky' forum on boards.ie is not the place for venting about the price of Now TV because the poor guys answering queries are not able to do anything about it.

Get on to Sky Twitter, Sky Facebook and email Conor Pope in the Irish Times if you feel strongly about it.

But the best protest at high prices is simply not to buy the service, and I feel that's what most people are going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The 'Talk To Sky' forum on boards.ie is not the place for venting about the price of Now TV because the poor guys answering queries are not able to do anything about it.

Get on to Sky Twitter, Sky Facebook and email Conor Pope in the Irish Times if you feel strongly about it.

But the best protest at high prices is simply not to buy the service, and I feel that's what most people are going to do.

The poor guys who run the Sky Twitter and Facebook pages wouldn't be able to do anything about it either in that case? Probably even the same people

The poor guys who run the Sky Twitter and Facebook pages wouldn't be able to do anything about it either in that case? Probably even the same people

Way to not understand how twitter works.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Well that's just wonderful Customer Service isn't it?! :(:mad:

Pretty much an admission that we're being fleeced here and an attempt to shut down any controversy before it starts by not allowing the conversation.

To be fair, they said they won't be handling any queries but they have engaged in discussions on NowTV already on the Sky forum... so no reason that people can't express their views, or post questions there and hope others will answer etc. Discussion on NowTV has not been banned on the Talk To Sky forum after all :)

Your other suggestions about how to raise the issue of the over charging compared to the UK prices via third parties like journalists etc. is a good one btw. The more people who raise the matter through those channels and openly complain, the more likely that prices might be reviewed for the Irish market.

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just bought a Month movie pass on eBay for £4.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

No amount of complaining is going to make a difference from a small group of Irish who have been using the uk service, when most of the Irish population who have never used NowTv before will still see €15 a month for entertainment +on demand as a pretty good price.

However as someone who's been using rock bottom cheap passes for this, if they do cut us off i wouldn't be moving to the irish service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Those of you who watch Now TV on a ROKU as apposed to Now TV box, The TVPLAYER app is now available on ROKU UK channel store from today!

https://tvplayer.com/apps

More about tvplayer:

http://tvplayer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

is there any point getting this if you have a chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Is the app available on Apple tv yet?

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    Those of you who watch Now TV on a ROKU as apposed to Now TV box, The TVPLAYER app is now available on ROKU UK channel store from today!

https://tvplayer.com/apps

More about tvplayer:

http://tvplayer.com/

Does it work? I've no access to my boxes at the moment, would be great to have that app too on my Roku

rogercross wrote: »
    Does it work? I've no access to my boxes at the moment, would be great to have that app too on my Roku

I have not got it to work yet. Looks a great app, but it looks like my getflix is not fooling anybody there...

Yet it works on windows and android.

I have not got it to work yet. Looks a great app, but it looks like my getflix is not fooling anybody there...

Might be worth asking Getflix to implement it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Yeah getting a stream request error on mine roku but woring on android tablet. Might chang some of the getflix setting and see what happens

Might be worth asking Getflix to implement it

I have done this, But if a few more ask it might help.

I have done this, But if a few more ask it might help.

Ill send them a message today too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I just sent a support ticket myself. It would be interesting to see if anyone else with a Roku but using a different proxy other than is having any problems.

Might set up an unotelly trial account later and retry

The filmon app is great but the quality on tvplayer is much better.

I just sent a support ticket myself. It would be interesting to see if anyone else with a Roku but using a different proxy other than is having any problems.

Might set up an unotelly trial account later and retry

The filmon app is great but the quality on tvplayer is much better.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Roku 2 at the moment, I need to get a hold of another one

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Roku 2 at the moment, I need to get a hold of another one

usually about £35-£40 on amazon. But not today. Hold off a few days to see if current price changes.

They are probably selling well at the moment because of the loss of plex on nowtv boxes.

• Advertisement

usually about £35-£40 on amazon. But not today. Hold off a few days to see if current price changes.

They are probably selling well at the moment because of the loss of plex on nowtv boxes.

Yea thats why i need to get another one for a family member :-)

Cool cheers ill hold off

Advertisement