Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    My UK Nowtv account doesn't seem to be working. How about you guys ?

My UK account is still working ok for viewing but I notice when I login to the Nowtv website and try to check how long I have left on my current pass it keeps saying "Whoops an error occured, please refresh this page". So now I am not sure when my current pass ends and if I buy a new pass I cannot enter the code because of this same error. Anyone else have this issue?

OK so I discovered since they have launched Nowtv in Ireland that when you go to the website it automatically brings you to the Irish site. Even though I could still log in to my account I was unable to view my tv pass or payment details and also was unable to cancel. I had to login using a VPN to see all this info.

Damn, just tried using my Nowtv box and I get an error similar to what I got on their website. Looks like they may have done something on their end to start blocking Irish users from using the UK version now. Sneaky Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Yes when I said not working I should have been more specific. I get the same error messages on the website if I try to add a pass or look at my account details. If I try to watch something I am forced to download a now tv player which throws up error messages and won't work. I'm guessing the options are re register with an Irish account or vpn. Wish it never launched in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

No issues on my Roku boxes or LG TV. Can log into my nowtv account on my laptop with no problems either.

Using getflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Damn, just tried using my Nowtv box and I get an error similar to what I got on their website. Looks like they may have done something on their end to start blocking Irish users from using the UK version now. Sneaky Sky.

No issues for me. No VPN, still working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Yes when I said not working I should have been more specific. I get the same error messages on the website if I try to add a pass or look at my account details. If I try to watch something I am forced to download a now tv player which throws up error messages and won't work. I'm guessing the options are re register with an Irish account or vpn. Wish it never launched in Ireland.
    To view your account online, you will have to use the UK site. There's a link in the footer on NowTV.com to take you there.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I got a few years out of it so can't complain but I don't think I'll pay their overinflated Irish price unless they reduce it a bit more. For those of you that still have the UK version hopefully it stays working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I've 10 x 3 months entertainment passes there if anyone wants one ?
    Make me an offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi Boatface, can I ask you how you got NowTV on your Roku. I've a Roku3 and would like to pit it on but google isn't helping me out.
    No issues on my Roku boxes or LG TV. Can log into my nowtv account on my laptop with no problems either.

Using getflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Hi Boatface, can I ask you how you got NowTV on your Roku. I've a Roku3 and would like to pit it on but google isn't helping me out.
    i think you have to use plex, i could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Thanks very much I'll look that up :)
    flutered wrote: »
    i think you have to use plex, i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Now TV Ireland doesn't support Chromecast or have an app for PS4 or Apple TV. Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Anyone try an Irish account on a UK bought box yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought a month's movie pass on eBay and am watching star trek beyond on my UK account.
    Pass cost €4.60.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 podger79

Dave..M wrote: »
    Anyone try an Irish account on a UK bought box yet?

Yeah I did it doesn't work,it says your account is not activated yet even when it is and tried a uk pass on Irish account as well and it comes up invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

A sly Now TV update is culling sideloaded apps like Plex
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/16/now-tv-update-kills-plex/

podger79 wrote: »
    Yeah I did it doesn't work,it says your account is not activated yet even when it is and tried a uk pass on Irish account as well and it comes up invalid

Bummer, was gonna offer a spare box to someone for an Irish account. Was your UK box on the latest firmware or had it been sitting around a while?

Bought a month's movie pass on eBay and am watching star trek beyond on my UK account.
    Pass cost €4.60.

Please clarify, do you mean you're using a UK code on an IRL account, an IRL code on a UK account or just a standard UK code on a standard UK account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Please clarify, do you mean you're using a UK code on an IRL account, an IRL code on a UK account or just a standard UK code on a standard UK account?

UK code on uk account

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

soirish wrote: »
    A sly Now TV update is culling sideloaded apps like Plex
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/16/now-tv-update-kills-plex/

That happened weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 podger79

Bummer, was gonna offer a spare box to someone for an Irish account. Was your UK box on the latest firmware or had it been sitting around a while?

It's was a new box that I had a while but was never out of the box but it updated as soon as I turned it on and connected it to the internet but wouldn't let me log in with my Irish account I put in my uk details and it worked fine,I was hoping the updated was because of the Irish IP address but it wasn't

podger79 wrote: »
    It's was a new box that I had a while but was never out of the box but it updated as soon as I turned it on and connected it to the internet but wouldn't let me log in with my Irish account I put in my uk details and it worked fine,I was hoping the updated was because of the Irish IP address but it wasn't

Thanks, pita but good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

gizmo81 wrote: »

Open a UK roku account on the ROKU homepage on pc. Use a UK vpn when doing this. Then when you link your roku 3 to new account the nowtv app will be in channel store. (You will need to do a factory reset to unlink your existing account from roku)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

givecredit wrote: »
    Open a UK roku account on the ROKU homepage on pc. Use a UK vpn when doing this. Then when you link your roku 3 to new account the nowtv app will be in channel store. (You will need to do a factory reset to unlink your existing account from roku)

@ Gizmo, sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Do as givecredit detailed , create a UK account on Roku site using a pc browser and vpn set to UK. You may have to use a new email address too as the current one will be associated with the Irish account.

The vpn setup is only required for the initial creation of the account. After its done you'll have access to ROKU uk apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

So is the general consensus Sky UK Now TV is still a far more economical option over the Irish version? I would like one for Sports providing the picture quality matches regular Sky HD. Like option to subscribe when I need it and not being tied to a contract and not paying for other channels that I never watch

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

So is the general consensus Sky UK Now TV is still a far more economical option over the Irish version? I would like one for Sports providing the picture quality matches regular Sky HD. Like option to subscribe when I need it and not being tied to a contract and not paying for other channels that I never watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Father has HD box with sports and I've watched games on my now tv box, the quality on the TV box is far superior to the now tv box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Thanks I'll leave it so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

So the Irish box swapped out the BBC iPlayer for the 3Player and their NowTv app must be connecting to a different database to keep the two countries separate.

Aside from that basically the same equipment.

• Advertisement

is there any use for the now tv box beyond being a paperweight now if your primary use was plex?

Advertisement