Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I've had no problems with mine anyway. They have my Irish card from when I first registered but since then I've worked off vouchers from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Uch having problems now, went to watch on one box and had to login, getting password not recognised, tried setting up another box I had and getting the same error. I can login online with the credentials that the boxes won't recognise, I have one other box that still seems to be working fine !

Very frustrating and don't want to get on to chat as don't want to risk loosing the use of the remaining working box ! Have active passes in all categories, only use passes never pay by card.

Hoping this is just a blip and can login later

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Uch having problems now, went to watch on one box and had to login, getting password not recognised, tried setting up another box I had and getting the same error. I can login online with the credentials that the boxes won't recognise, I have one other box that still seems to be working fine !

Very frustrating and don't want to get on to chat as don't want to risk loosing the use of the remaining working box ! Have active passes in all categories, only use passes never pay by card.

Hoping this is just a blip and can login later

Are the boxes listed on your account under devices? Presumably the white light is static (i.e. the box is connected to WiFi) try via ethernet. Presume you've done reset etc. I see someone on NowTV forum having similar issues so maybe a wider spread issue that will be resolved.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Small-Black-NOWYV-boxes-does-not-accept-logon-details/m-p/418235

Btw is it loading up the home screen or not starting the box up at all?

The box is still listed in my account have done the usuals it will let me go to select a program then once I try play it asks for password login which it then claims is unrecognised. I was able to setup a new box with these credentials but again was unable to play content. With one device still working I really don't want to go on chat or reset password but looks like changing it won't make a difference anyway

Edit:

Scratch that the one that was working is now gone as well. This is rubbish..

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

The box is still listed in my account have done the usuals it will let me go to select a program then once I try play it asks for password login which it then claims is unrecognised. I was able to setup a new box with these credentials but again was unable to play content. With one device still working I really don't want to go on chat or reset password but looks like changing it won't make a difference anyway

Edit:

Scratch that the one that was working is now gone as well. This is rubbish..

I see a couple of responses from the NOWTV team on that thread I linked noting other reports so you're not alone.

Another thread here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Sorry-we-did-not-recognise-your-login-details/m-p/418208

What's the box firmware btw & do you leave it plugged in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Dave..M wrote: »
    I see a couple of responses from the NOWTV team on that thread I linked noting other reports so you're not alone.

Another thread here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Sorry-we-did-not-recognise-your-login-details/m-p/418208

What's the box firmware btw & do you leave it plugged in ?

Mine seem to be working fine, but they all recently got factory wiped so not sure if that makes a difference on this or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sly seem to have figured out a way to stop you side loading apps (Plex, FilmOn etc.) via the new 7.5 software update.

Thank god there's a way around this already...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sly seem to have figured out a way to stop you side loading apps (Plex, FilmOn etc.) via the new 7.5 software update.

So as a basic safeguard, do not allow the box to update. Turn it off (disconnect) at night.

Care to share ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Care to share ?

Home Button X5, fast forward X3, rewind X2 - then press software update and it should revert to 7.0, on this one you can sideload etc again

• Advertisement

Can the app be copied to an sd card so that it survives the software update, seeing as that box does that the ability to have an sd card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

rogercross wrote: »
    Can the app be copied to an sd card so that it survives the software update, seeing as that box does that the ability to have an sd card.

No, because what the update is doing is blocking the box from going into developer mode - which makes you unable to make any changes or modifications to the set up. From what I've heard, the only way is to restore it is to use the method described by CantGetNoSleep - I can confirm that it definitely works. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Home Button X5, fast forward X3, rewind X2 - then press software update and it should revert to 7.0, on this one you can sideload etc again

Will the box keep trying to update every night then if left plugged in?

Any way of permanently disabling updates without plugging it out?

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Will the box keep trying to update every night then if left plugged in?

Any way of permanently disabling updates without plugging it out?

According to various gossips on forums, the Nowtv box is set to auto-update at night. As you know you cannot switch it off, so it will have to be disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Has anybody else had issues with Plex server updates "breaking" their Plex setup using Rarflix?
    I had issues about 2 months ago, and I signed out of my account on the NowTV box and then signed in again and it sorted it, but the most recent Plex update of March 1st seemed to feck things up again.
    I signed out, removed servers, signed in again etc, but to no avail, so I had to downgrade my Plex server for the time being

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Has anybody else had issues with Plex server updates "breaking" their Plex setup using Rarflix?
    I had issues about 2 months ago, and I signed out of my account on the NowTV box and then signed in again and it sorted it, but the most recent Plex update of March 1st seemed to feck things up again.
    I signed out, removed servers, signed in again etc, but to no avail, so I had to downgrade my Plex server for the time being

Rarflix is a old version of Plex, and one which is known to cause multliple issues as it's so out of date. Uninstall it completely, if possible, and replace it with Plex 3.1.9 (which is the newest version). You should be fine then. If not, then it is a server issue - not a Plex/box issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Oh. I thought most people were using the Rarflix version from reading on here. Never even tried the genuine Plex version. Will give it a shot thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Bought a now tv box with plex installed what do I do next please

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Plex won't be working on any now tv boxes in the real near future. If you read up on nowtv fourm Sky are disabling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

BandMember wrote: »
    Rarflix is a old version of Plex, and one which is known to cause multliple issues as it's so out of date. Uninstall it completely, if possible, and replace it with Plex 3.1.9 (which is the newest version). You should be fine then. If not, then it is a server issue - not a Plex/box issue.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/255427/plex-client-on-now-tv

• Advertisement

jvrk wrote: »
    Plex won't be working on any now tv boxes in the real near future. If you read up on nowtv fourm Sky are disabling it.

If you look back on this thread, there is a way of overcoming that.

That issue has already been sorted. ;)

It's always worked fine for me and has been recommended to me by several tech people. Up to everyone what they use, I'm just trying to help avoid problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This was an obvious move by Sky - you just have to look at the usual places and see so many adverts for Now TV boxes with Plex. It was unsustainable for them to continue selling discounted boxes when so many of them were being used for Plex and illegal streams – especially when they are the business of selling legal streams!

JDxtra wrote: »
    This was an obvious move by Sky - you just have to look at the usual places and see so many adverts for Now TV boxes with Plex. It was unsustainable for them to continue selling discounted boxes when so many of them were being used for Plex and illegal streams – especially when they are the business of selling legal streams!

If it really became a permanent issue theres always the Roku boxes, i've been using the Roku 3 for maybe a year or two, really great plus the bonus of Netflix and Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

rogercross wrote: »
    If it really became a permanent issue theres always the Roku boxes, i've been using the Roku 3 for maybe a year or two, really great plus the bonus of Netflix and Prime Video.
    Exactly - the plain Roku boxes are a good option. Bit more expensive - but you can do much more with them.

JDxtra wrote: »

I got a Nowtv Smart box with Plex installed for a friendfrom Amazon. You can use the Plex app on its own without having to register an account with them. And you can tune in the Saorview channels on it. Only issue there is that it downloads the channels in a random manner so you will get tv & radio stations all mixed up. On the other side of that the picture quality is top class.

Or has it been solved ??????

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Developer-mode-no-longer-working/m-p/420973#M8031

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Link doesn't work ^^^^^

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Link doesn't work ^^^^^

Try it now:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

Press home x5 fforward x3 and rewind x2. Click system update and it reverts back to old firmware. Sideload again the old way.

Advertisement