Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

adox wrote: »
    Free month of movies. Use code: AANOWDMRW7MP

Excellent Adox an very Happy Christmas to you :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The only thing I have from them is a 1-day free Sports Pass that they gave out in the Summer. Would that be scuppering my chances?:)

I wouldn't think so. Only other thing I can think of might be a valid card on file?

This is a month free and then into £9.99 a month unless you cancel, so probably wouldn't activate without a valid card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Just did that and got this message: "You can't buy a pass right now

Please wait a moment and try again".

Just click on "apply a voucher" once you are back on the main screen and enter the voucher code there. That should work.

It looks like the direct link does not work for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You legend.

I was just about to take the 2 week trial and all. Thanks a million for this, worked a treat. That's the kids happy for the entire Xmas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just click on "apply a voucher" once you are back on the main screen and enter the voucher code there. That should work.

It looks like the direct link does not work for some.
    Davy wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. Only other thing I can think of might be a valid card on file?

This is a month free and then into £9.99 a month unless you cancel, so probably wouldn't activate without a valid card.

Ah, I have my card registered with them since 2013, and a UK address as well. And I found out the hard way that you have to cancel in time:). Luckily the lady I got on the chatline refunded my overpayment:D.

I'll have another go tomorrow (Sat).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Worked perfectly. Cheers :)

Well, whaddya know, had no issue this morning. Thanks for all the help, guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ive a 4 month pass and it wont let me add in the free one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

Now TV 2 Month Free Movies - New and Existing Customers

1st Code AANOWDMRW7MP
    2nd Code AANOWAPK2J2S

You can only add codes, if you are in last month of the current pass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Well folks,

Got this box for xmas and i wanna set it up.. got onto a few lads i chat to on here but heard nothing back

What do i need to do to set this up securely and properly so its not shut down?
    Got a 6 month entertainment package with it

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Well folks,

Got this box for xmas and i wanna set it up.. got onto a few lads i chat to on here but heard nothing back

What do i need to do to set this up securely and properly so its not shut down?
    Got a 6 month entertainment package with it

Thanks in advance

Register with a UK address is most important.Then use the 14-day free trial of the Pass before you use the Pass itself. That way you will eke maximum value.
    And you will also find out if they throw you out. If that happens, post here and there will be lads here to guide you through the alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

very happy with the set-up for this, bit of messing around to start with but not a major headache. (rvoult card + fake uk address). Its very much worth it for the content, Movies far outways what is avilable on netflix. 
    TV shows are much a muchness but again not bad value for the content
    the sports passes are still a tad pricey money but again at ~€4 a day worth it for the 1-2 matches i watch at home a month.
    I'm using the app on my smart tv rather than the box.
    Thanks to everyone who assisted.
    PS is Ebay still the best location to buy passes?

very happy with the set-up for this, bit of messing around to start with but not a major headache. (rvoult card + fake uk address). Its very much worth it for the content, Movies far outways what is avilable on netflix. 
    the sports passes are still a tad pricey money but again at ~€4 a day worth it for the 1-2 matches i watch at home a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

eoinf wrote: »

I presume you are using an LG TV? Did you have to change the region to UK for the app. to be available?

And yes, eBay is the best place to get passes.

JDxtra wrote: »

I presume you are using an LG TV? Did you have to change the region to UK for the app. to be available?

And yes, eBay is the best place to get passes.
    yep it had to be set in 2 places as far as i recall. It reset and I lost all my channels but saved them to a USB key first of all and uploaded them again.
    they can be retuned also but you get multiple versions of the same channel on Saorview and they appear out of the normal order but this can all be adjusted easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Roku 2 £29.99 Absolute bargain. Strongly recommend. Have Nowtv, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC ITV CH4 CH5 players all on one box. Also have Up to date version of plex, filmontv and as may apps as you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Player-Faster-Processor/dp/B00VRAZ700/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_26c1_e75f7d77?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=23ae9ed5-1f81-48e2-bda6-9cc95cfc26c1&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TA1E5TN3738C9MX46HV9

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

givecredit wrote: »
    Roku 2 £29.99 Absolute bargain. Strongly recommend. Have Nowtv, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC ITV CH4 CH5 players all on one box. Also have Up to date version of plex, filmontv and as may apps as you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Player-Faster-Processor/dp/B00VRAZ700/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_26c1_e75f7d77?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=23ae9ed5-1f81-48e2-bda6-9cc95cfc26c1&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TA1E5TN3738C9MX46HV9

Would there be much of a difference between this newer 2015 model and the old Roku 3 model?

rogercross wrote: »
    Would there be much of a difference between this newer 2015 model and the old Roku 3 model?

No, just a little faster going throgh the menus/apps etc. Keep your Roku 3 going for another while.

• Advertisement

No, just a little faster going throgh the menus/apps etc. Keep your Roku 3 going for another while.

Was thinking in terms of gifts, I have the original Roku 3 and love it, if the newer Roku 2 matched up close enough i might get it for family, they're currently using the black now tv boxes

Was thinking in terms of gifts, I have the original Roku 3 and love it, if the newer Roku 2 matched up close enough i might get it for family, they're currently using the black now tv boxes

I highly recommend. Its similar to your old Roku 3, but faster. I think your older roku3 has headfone jack in remote, This is not on the new roku2 remote. The roku2 remote needs line of sight, similar to nowtv remote. Your Roku3 remote may not require line of sight.

I highly recommend. Its similar to your old Roku 3, but faster. I think your older roku3 has headfone jack in remote, This is not on the new roku2 remote. The roku2 remote needs line of sight, similar to nowtv remote. Your Roku3 remote may not require line of sight.

Yea thats right my Roku 3 has the headphone jack and no line of sight needed, if the Roku 2 needs line of sight not a big deal as they're well used to that anyway with the NowTV boxes, any negatives at all then do you think?

, any negatives at all then do you think?
    No. Its all positives. Faster than older model roku3 and access to more apps than nowtv. Also does screen mirroring very well, so can watch Showbox, moves hd and mobdro , rte and tv3 players on your tv if your family has android device that supports mirroring.

Actually screen mirroring is also known as Cast Screening. So if Android device supports Cast screening they can put whats on their Android device on TV through Roku2

how are you getting the BBC Player working?

how are you getting the BBC Player working?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675723

Well worth using that service for iPlayer etc, I've had them for maybe 2 years now, they're solid.

Well worth using that service for iPlayer etc, I've had them for maybe 2 years now, they're solid.
    is this just through a browser or will it work with a standalone box/tv also?

is this just through a browser or will it work with a standalone box/tv also?

http://www.getflix.com.au/setup/roku

• Advertisement

There's also a companion app for your smartphone if you need to update ip address or change any settings

Advertisement