Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

is there much difference between the roku2 and the black nowtv box

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

givecredit wrote: »
    Roku 2 £29.99 Absolute bargain. Strongly recommend. Have Nowtv, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC ITV CH4 CH5 players all on one box. Also have Up to date version of plex, filmontv and as may apps as you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Player-Faster-Processor/dp/B00VRAZ700/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_26c1_e75f7d77?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=23ae9ed5-1f81-48e2-bda6-9cc95cfc26c1&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TA1E5TN3738C9MX46HV9

Didn't need one, bought one, thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I have a six month entertainment pass going for cheap if anyone wants it ~€25 bought two on ebay by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Dave..M wrote: »
    Didn't need one, bought one, thanks OP :)

Enjoy your new purchase. While you are awaiting delivery I suggest you open your Roku account. Its free to open.

I recommend a UK accounts for access to UK TV players, Prime and netflix. (Netflix available on Irish account too)

Go here:
    https://www.roku.com/en-gb/

At bottom right of screen make sure country selector is set to UK.

Getflix will be helpful here.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Enjoy your new purchase. While you are awaiting delivery I suggest you open your Roku account. Its free to open.

I recommend a UK accounts for access to UK TV players, Prime and netflix. (Netflix available on Irish account too)

Go here:
    https://www.roku.com/en-gb/

At bottom right of screen make sure country selector is set to UK.

Getflix will be helpful here.

Thanks for the info givecredit, I already have two ROKU streaming sticks (as well as a few NOWTV boxes!), the sticks can be slow navigating but I got them cheap, I read also that I can pair their wifi direct remotes with the ROKU 2 box, not sure if that's true but the nippier performance will be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Roku 2 £29.99 Absolute bargain. Strongly recommend. Have Nowtv, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC ITV CH4 CH5 players all on one box. Also have Up to date version of plex, filmontv and as may apps as you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Player-Faster-Processor/dp/B00VRAZ700/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_26c1_e75f7d77?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=23ae9ed5-1f81-48e2-bda6-9cc95cfc26c1&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TA1E5TN3738C9MX46HV9

Thks OP for info. Like other user, I bought one but don't really need it - have working NowTV boxes. But good price for a genuine roku.
    Will mainly use it for uk tv catchup and nowtv, but daughter using netflix so will a useful swap for 1 nowtv box.
    Quick question though, to get access to uk catchup tv and now tv channels, do I need to be in uk for account signup and all the time the roku is connected?
    all4 and c5 are not goo blocked, but nowtv and iplayer and itv hub are (all currently working on my nowtv boxes with a little help from turkey), so was just wondering!
    pm if not allowed discuss in public:D

I have a six month entertainment pass going for cheap if anyone wants it ~€25 bought two on ebay by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

are these boxes still working in Ireland?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

are these boxes still working in Ireland?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

eoinf wrote: »
    Does that include the now TV box too delivered?

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Does that include the now TV box too delivered?

No I just use the TV app.

Check eBay this is a good price just for the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

eoinf wrote: »
    No I just use the TV app.

Check eBay this is a good price just for the pass.

3 month Entertainment pass for €4.50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Now-TV-Sky-Entertainment-Pass-3-Months-/132065064091?hash=item1ebfb0f49b:g:FfIAAOSwjDZYepph

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

Is this box similiar to the 'Kodi' boxes. Can you put Showbox/Mobdro/Popcorn time on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

Is this box similiar to the 'Kodi' boxes. Can you put Showbox/Mobdro/Popcorn time on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jesper wrote: »
    no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

Not a bit similar

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

You can put plex on them

Is this box similiar to the 'Kodi' boxes. Can you put S******/M*****/P****** time on them?

No you can't, but you don't want that rubbish on your box filling it with pop up ads, viruses and who knows what. You also don't want to get the thread closed by posting about apps like those, so please be careful....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

So it finally happened, my account suddenly stopped working few days ago, on investigation it turns out they found my ip was originating from Ireland and deactivated the account, so much for smart dns and vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭PreCocious

rogercross wrote: »
    So it finally happened, my account suddenly stopped working few days ago, on investigation it turns out they found my ip was originating from Ireland and deactivated the account, so much for smart dns and vpn.

Mine stopped working via the Box at the weekend but I could login on the laptop. It turns out that they'd blocked my smartdns provider (which my laptop was also using), I switched to another provider and I was back in action.

• Advertisement

PreCocious wrote: »
    Mine stopped working via the Box at the weekend but I could login on the laptop. It turns out that they'd blocked my smartdns provider (which my laptop was also using), I switched to another provider and I was back in action.

What provider were you using and which one did you switch to? Mine was worse, I was blocked via box and browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I am blocked now also - What is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

If you're blocked can you still access the box to run Plex?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Yeah id be interested to know which provider ye guys are using?

Hoping im not about to get blocked too....

long_b wrote: »

Family members with the black NowTV boxes are telling me that they are just getting a blank screen when they boot the boxes up.

I'm on a Roku so all bar the NowTV app work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

People that have been blocked did u buy passes from now tv site?
    I had a blank screen yesterday but just unplugged it and plugged back in and working.

Hoping I don't get blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man, i hope i'm not blocked - this NOW tv has been our lifeline to content for ages now. We can't get regular Sky at home due to large trees at the back of our house blocking the signal, so the NOW Tv box has been a godsend

long_b wrote: »

Yes, because your NOW TV account has got nothing to do with Plex. I signed out of my account as I soon as I set up the box. Then I installed Plex and have been running it ever since without any issues whatsoever.

BandMember wrote: »
    Yes, because your NOW TV account has got nothing to do with Plex. I signed out of my account as I soon as I set up the box. Then I installed Plex and have been running it ever since without any issues whatsoever.

I didn't know you could sign out of the account and keep the box working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

rogercross wrote: »
    I didn't know you could sign out of the account and keep the box working?

My box is working fine apart from Now TV app , All UK Catchup are fine , When you try and access nowtv it looks from username/password

Advertisement