Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

iggy wrote: »
    Did u use a UK address when you registered?

Yes, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

maticm18 wrote: »
    Yes, I did.

Contact them via the online chat and say you live in the north but work in the republic, hence the irish credit card and see if they'll reactivate your account.

They may try and trace where your box has been though which is why the use of a vpn or dns is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone having issues signing in? I was auto logged out for some reason. When I tried to log in, got a message saying username or password was incorrect.

Changed my password, and it's the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Any cheap movie passes around or am I better off buying one off eBay its 14 + 13 postage for two months but sent by email so postage shouldn't apply??? or is there a better deal??? Also would there be anyway of getting the chromcast offer to work in Ireland???

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Any cheap movie passes around or am I better off buying one off eBay its 14 + 13 postage for two months but sent by email so postage shouldn't apply??? or is there a better deal??? Also would there be anyway of getting the chromcast offer to work in Ireland???

Go on to the .co.uk site to avoid postages charges as they often still charge them to .ie. Even when only sending an email is involved! Also some of the available vouchers may not come up on .ie. There should be loads of cheap vouchers available there after recent Black Friday sales. Surprised if you don't get a four month one for £20ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    If you'd like I'll sell you a two month movie pass. I only have one but won't be using it. Send me a pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

i am awaiting one via pw, i am going to get a relative in the uk to regester it, just in case, uk c.c. and uk accent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone having problems with Plex?
    Can still see my server but no content showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

adox wrote: »

Are you using your pc/lappy as a server? Is so Plex should see the media files on the server.

Are you using your pc/lappy as a server? Is so Plex should see the media files on the server.

Yeah using my Mac as the server. Have had it a n it for a few years without issue up until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

adox wrote: »

Update your Plex to this version. This fixes problems with latest NowTV firmware.

https://github.com/plexinc/roku-client-public/releases

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rooster2005

Has anyone used IPTV on a nowtv box as i would be interested in any information regarding this

givecredit wrote: »
    Update your Plex to this version. This fixes problems with latest NowTV firmware.

https://github.com/plexinc/roku-client-public/releases

Thanks but I got it sorted in the end. Thought it may have been a firewall issue or something like that but it wasn't.

For some reason I had to go into the settings on the plex classic app on my now tv, request a code to pair the device with my server, and then go to my mac, open up a plex webpage and enter the four digit code. After doing that everything showed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Has anyone used IPTV on a nowtv box as i would be interested in any information regarding this

Can't really talk about that here. I've sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maulikdesai1

Can't really talk about that here. I've sent you a pm.

I would be interested to know as well, if you can pm me pls.

Anyone using their nowtv purely for plex?
    If so you should try a raspberry pi with rasplex.
    I still have one upstairs but the rpi is 100 times better

Anyone using their nowtv purely for plex?
    If so you should try a raspberry pi with rasplex.
    I still have one upstairs but the rpi is 100 times better

In what way? I use Plex Classic on a Nowtv box and I've no issues with it at all.
    How can it be 100 times better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Anywhere in Dublin sell these anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Currys / PC World seem to have had them at one point but more than likely it was a mistake as they are not officially sold here.

You will pick up an unused box very easily here or on Adverts - a lot of people buy the box just to get a new pass.

Currys / PC World seem to have had them at one point but more than likely it was a mistake as they are not officially sold here.

You will pick up an unused box very easily here or on Adverts - a lot of people buy the box just to get a new pass.

I got one in liffey valley just now. Was 35 with a 3 month entertainment pass. Was in a bit of a hurry so it'll do :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I got one in liffey valley just now. Was 35 with a 3 month entertainment pass. Was in a bit of a hurry so it'll do :)

Set it up with a NI address. Do not use the pass code straight away. Use the 14 day free trial. Usually any problems with the account that lead to it being cancelled happen within 24-48 hours. If the pass code has been applied you loose it

I've a couple of new unused boxes. Just bought for vouchers. North Dublin.

Set it up with a NI address. Do not use the pass code straight away. Use the 14 day free trial. Usually any problems with the account that lead to it being cancelled happen within 24-48 hours. If the pass code has been applied you loose it

I did all that - linked a Mastercard Christmas card with one of my old addresses in the UK :)

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I've a couple of new unused boxes. Just bought for vouchers. North Dublin.

Aww shíte I wudda taken one :(

Just saw you got sorted anyway. Sure they won't go to waste when I stick a few extras on them :)

query for you guys, i have just recieved one, it will not connect to my fone via wifi, is there any cable advailable advailable for a connection, has anyone made a diy one, otherwise i have to keep paying the man

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

flutered wrote: »
    query for you guys, i have just recieved one, it will not connect to my fone via wifi, is there any cable advailable advailable for a connection, has anyone made a diy one, otherwise i have to keep paying the man

You're trying to tether your phones wifi to the box yes?

Try doing it as an open network first with no security and see if the box connects, if it does then try again adding security to it e.g wpa2

rogercross wrote: »
    You're trying to tether your phones wifi to the box yes?

Try doing it as an open network first with no security and see if the box connects, if it does then try again adding security to it e.g wpa2
    it will not work with security so far, i will try you way later and report back, thanks op

• Advertisement
Advertisement