Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Well done to everyone that got their places today - get those grant applications in later today if not already in!!!
    To Sinny - Nursing is so tough I know someone who has 10 distictions and didnt get a place so keep on trying.
    Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Payton wrote: »
    Cheers thats very helpful. If Tallaght It do not accept him, could I appeal that decision? and if he does, is that process a difficult and complicated procedure? Because his requirements were way above than what were asked.

I'm honestly not sure what the story is with getting a second offer. The last I did the CAO I accepted a place and that was the end of it. I think if he is accepted to ITT, you just accept that place and send an email into NUIM, declining your place you've accepted previously. Its a bit of a gamble though not accepting NUIM, because it really is a lottery and the places are so bloody competitive.. I'd accept NUIM and hope he gets ITT, but thats just my opinion. I'm not sure about appealing a CAO decision. Places are all filled on the 19th of August and if theres no places left, they can't really squeeze one extra place onto the course. College courses are jam packed as they are. :)

Hope I was of some use to you :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I'm honestly not sure what the story is with getting a second offer. The last I did the CAO I accepted a place and that was the end of it. I think if he is accepted to ITT, you just accept that place and send an email into NUIM, declining your place you've accepted previously. Its a bit of a gamble though not accepting NUIM, because it really is a lottery and the places are so bloody competitive.. I'd accept NUIM and hope he gets ITT, but thats just my opinion. I'm not sure about appealing a CAO decision. Places are all filled on the 19th of August and if theres no places left, they can't really squeeze one extra place onto the course. College courses are jam packed as they are. :)

Hope I was of some use to you :D x

Thanks you have been helpful. If he accepts Maynooth he has until 8th Aug...will he be offered Tallaght Probably 19th Aug? surely not.

Thanks you have been helpful. If he accepts Maynooth he has until 8th Aug...will he be offered Tallaght Probably 19th Aug? surely not.

Providing his preference level for Tallaght is higher then Maynooth, he is still in the running. If maynooth was his number 2 choice, and tallaght is his number 1 choice, he can still be offered his number 1 choice. If Maynooth was his 2nd choice, and Tallaght his 3rd or lower choice, he's out of the running.

Can't say whether he'll be offered or not because I'm not sitting in the CAO offices discussing choices and places of different applicants :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Providing his preference level for Tallaght is higher then Maynooth, he is still in the running. If maynooth was his number 2 choice, and tallaght is his number 1 choice, he can still be offered his number 1 choice. If Maynooth was his 2nd choice, and Tallaght his 3rd or lower choice, he's out of the running.

Can't say whether he'll be offered or not because I'm not sitting in the CAO offices discussing choices and places of different applicants :P

Thanks very helpful, how does he decline the offer for maynooth in order to get the Tallaght place?

We are trying to contact the CAO office now but the line is engaged, when I do get through I'll ask for a job opening for you! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks very helpful, how does he decline the offer for maynooth in order to get the Tallaght place?

We are trying to contact the CAO office now but the line is engaged, when I do get through I'll ask for a job opening for you! :D

I'd say their mad busy just keep trying them :) Hope I get that job just in case I dont get into college in the next round haha x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

So I went to sleep for a few hours, hoped I'd wake up to some offers but still nothing. :( Gráinne, you need to get some sleeps. :D

Yellow121 wrote: »
    So I went to sleep for a few hours, hoped I'd wake up to some offers but still nothing. :( Gráinne, you need to get some sleeps. :D

Haha I know... Meant to be going on the piss tonight! x

Haha I know... Meant to be going on the piss tonight! x

You hope it will wipe the memory of this morning clean? Forget this ever happened. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

UL, WIT, UCC, CARLOW IT, BLANCH IT.

I rang WIT and they said all courses through fetac will be 19th aug except mature students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

I got no offers today but ive applied to ITs, like LIT, WIT etc and i heard that there is no reserved quota for fetac in these ITs so is anyone sure its the 19th there offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

Didn't get an offer for Nursing :(

Any chance for me on round 1 & 2? Or is FETAC strictly only in round 0?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joan33

Sinny2 i applied to do nursing as well as a fetac student, got no offers soo gutted would have gone anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

liam650 wrote: »
    I got no offers today but ive applied to ITs, like LIT, WIT etc and i heard that there is no reserved quota for fetac in these ITs so is anyone sure its the 19th there offered?

Yes sure is the 19th for all IT . Fetac will turn into points with all leaving cert students

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

Ok so my college never sent my results to the cao !!! what do i do now !!!!

mathsyay wrote: »

Do the CAO not get them through your pps number?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

You may contact the cao and tell them they will then request the results from ur college or u can tell them as far as I know

My friend got offered his first choice place in DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joan33

can I just ask if the maximum fetac points a person can get is 400 and for ITs they compete with other students, what happens when the course is more then 400?? for example nursing in an IT i applied for is more then 400?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Mathsyay
    OK Calm down to start with.
    Next you say that the college never sent your results onto CAO - how do you know this? Have you spoken to CAO?
    Next email you PPS number to CAO - they will obtain results using this.
    All sounds a bit like someone dropped a ball here but lets get the right info to the right place first before we start arse kicking
    Then you need to find out HOW the CAO where expecting to get your results & acertain why this didnt happen.
    If the college failed - ask them what they are going to do about it - if they say there is nothing they can do push them again its not good enough. But only if they failed to fulfil their part in the process.
    Let me know how you get on

joan33 wrote: »
    can I just ask if the maximum fetac points a person can get is 400 and for ITs they compete with other students, what happens when the course is more then 400?? for example nursing in an IT i applied for is more then 400?

I think you're in trouble then. You a mature student? Or just apply through FETAC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 meganmaher21

Your college don't send the results, when you were filling out the cao there was an option for fetac 2013 if you have that ticked and your PPS num its done automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

Has anyone else got a nursing offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

Ew121 wrote: »
    Has anyone else got a nursing offer?

No :( Devastated! Do you have any idea if we qualify for round 1 & 2?
    Because I understand the FETAC places are limited, so I'm assuming they have filled up all those places today.

Nursing must be the hardest to get into. Most people here say they got top marks and that's just 5 or 6 that have posted here. Think how many applying across the country and you all probably applied to all the colleges that do nursing.
    Is there any other road for nursing? A different route?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

joan33 wrote: »
    Sinny2 i applied to do nursing as well as a fetac student, got no offers soo gutted would have gone anywhere :(

same here i am so gutted ... No1 i no got in with fetac even with full marks. As far as i no the only way we get an offer now is if those who got them today dont accept and then its the whole lottery thing all over again :(

Changel wrote: »
    Because I understand the FETAC places are limited, so I'm assuming they have filled up all those places today.

What are the points for those nursing courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

Do any of you guys know if NCI places where offered today with the Unis or will they be offered on the 19th with the IT's?
    My 5 distictions 2 merits and a pass were not good enough for commerce in UCD and business in DCU anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Nursing must be the hardest to get into. Most people here say they got top marks and that's just 5 or 6 that have posted here. Think how many applying across the country and you all probably applied to all the colleges that do nursing.
    Is there any other road for nursing? A different route?

Few people got offered places in northern ireland and england.. Seems far easier to get into than in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

Changel wrote: »

Most of the IT's offer in round 1 but I'm not sure if that applies to nursing, I got offered my fourth choice today and accepeted, I really hope it's not a mistake because I haven't heard of anyone else gettin a nursing offer through fetac

• Advertisement

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Few people got offered places in northern ireland and england.. Seems far easier to get into than in ireland

Do you think they should make the FETAC exams even harder? So that it gets rid of the lottery aspect and only the best of the best (obviously the people posting here) get in?

Advertisement