Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

So nobody got an offer from UCD yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Sinny2 wrote: »
    W.I.T :/

What did you apply to in WIT and are you applying as mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

deisedave wrote: »
    What did you apply to in WIT and are you applying as mature student.

I had the ful 10 choices down for nursing. And no jist through fetac as im only 20 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

anyone else get anything from Carlow IT

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Most Institutes of Technology (including Waterford, Carlow and Tallaght) will still offer places in Round One by turning your fetac grades into leaving cert points.

So if you guys got 8 distinctions you'll have 400 leaving cert points. 1 distinction equals 50 LC points.

Don't lose hope yet, guys.

• Advertisement

Most Institutes of Technology (including Waterford, Carlow and Tallaght) will still offer places in Round One by turning your fetac grades into leaving cert points.

So if you guys got 8 distinctions you'll have 400 leaving cert points. 1 distinction equals 50 LC points.

For nursing they can't do this :( only way to get an offer now is if people turn down offers and im next on the waiting list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 phil devlin

do you know if it tallaghts engineering programs are the pilot scheme

For nursing they can't do this :( only way to get an offer now is if people turn down offers and im next on the waiting list :(

Whyso? Well if you hold on until later rounds you may find something that you like and you don't have to have had it on your original CAO list. Courses that haven't filled up yet. Don't give up and don't rule anything out.

do you know if it tallaghts engineering programs are the pilot scheme

Well IT Tallaght is on the pilot scheme so I assume all of their courses are. Make sure to check your offers in round 1.

Whyso? Well if you hold on until later rounds you may find something that you like and you don't have to have had it on your original CAO list. Courses that haven't filled up yet. Don't give up and don't rule anything out.

Its so competive that they wont allow it. Its just purely based on fetac. :( and cant change anything on cao now to include anything else .. Gutted !!

• Advertisement

Its so competive that they wont allow it. Its just purely based on fetac. :( and cant change anything on cao now to include anything else .. Gutted !!

That sucks. Well there's no harm checking in the later rounds to see what courses have places left. You may find something that interests you!

Well IT Tallaght is on the pilot scheme so I assume all of their courses are. Make sure to check your offers in round 1.

Well I have one offer but its not the course I am looking for if I accept this. Will this mean I will not get offered anything else in round 1.

Well I have one offer but its not the course I am looking for if I accept this. Will this mean I will not get offered anything else in round 1.

Is the offer below or above the course you would like to do? Also, it it the same level? As in Level 7 or 8.

still nothing, anyone get anything from or know anyone that got something from ucd ????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Stupid everyone posting on here has me so bloody excited every time i get an email hahaha nothing yet lads no? X

mathsyay wrote: »
    still nothing, anyone get anything from or know anyone that got something from ucd ????:confused:

Doesn't seem to be anyone posting here yet. Was UCD your only choice or?

Stupid everyone posting on here has me so bloody excited every time i get an email hahaha nothing yet lads no? X

Well a few people have received their offer... You should log in and check!

A few people i know applied to ucd and no not a thing yet :(

I got my first choice of Communication Studies in DCU :)

Doesn't seem to be anyone posting here yet. Was UCD your only choice or?

No but ucd is my first so ... ?

• Advertisement

Is the offer below or above the course you would like to do? Also, it it the same level? As in Level 7 or 8.

its my fourth choice so its below the one I want and its the level 6/7

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Happyliving

Got an offer from DIT (3rd choice) only for a level 6! If i accepted this offer am i still in the competition for round 1?
    im hoping to get a level 7 or 8

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

I got my first choice of Communication Studies in DCU :)

Well done :) congrats :) is everyone else still waiting? X

No but ucd is my first so ... ?

How many places had you filled in? And did you have the results you needed for your other choices?

I dont want to try get your hopes up but the fact you weren't offered anything below your first choice yet may mean that UCD haven't had their offers out yet..

its my fourth choice so its below the one I want and its the level 6/7

And is the course you want a level 6/7 too? Or is that a higher level than the one you are offered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

If there's no offers by now it means we have to wait till the 19th???

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ashy212

I logged into my cao account and had no offers nearly had a heartattack.. but reading the comments is helpful, i applied to lit and UL will these come out on the 19th

Well done :) congrats :) is everyone else still waiting? X

It seems the majority of offers were out at bang on 6am. One guy is waiting on UCD.

ashy212 wrote: »
    I logged into my cao account and had no offers nearly had a heartattack.. but reading the comments is helpful, i applied to lit and UL will these come out on the 19th

LIT will be the 19th i think but UL is today.

• Advertisement

And is the course you want a level 6/7 too? Or is that a higher level than the one you are offered?

yes it is also in level 6/7.

Advertisement